Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jacko's call to arms

Comments

• Redrobo said:

kentred2 said:

Jacko getting boring now

The team is the regime.

If you believe that you are lost.

How can you split the two? Players and manager selected by owner. Results if poor we reflect on owner; if good they will take credit. If the team is not the regime what on earth is the regime for?
  • kentred2 said:

Redrobo said:

kentred2 said:

Jacko getting boring now

The team is the regime.

How can you split the two? Players and manager selected by owner. Results if poor we reflect on owner; if good they will take credit. If the team is not the regime what on earth is the regime for?
    Ultimately we want Charlton to win. If a good servant like Jackson says vocal support helps then I'm enclined to belive him. Some of our players like Henderson, Solly, Baeur, Fox, THD, Harriott, Jackson, Cousins don't deserve to be hung out to dry by this Belgian mob, so stick with them and aim all our anger at the suits. The players mentioned have been below form lately without doubt but they need us behind them, not against.
    Well said, VG.

You could even be my new favourite.....

• Oggy Red said:

Jacko is right..
    It's points we need.

For the 90 minutes, he's asking for us to be the 12th man.

We need to save our Championship status.
    Relegation will be another nail in the coffin.

Don't kid yourselves that relegation and League One will force Duchatelet to sell.
    It won't.

Couldn't agree more as much as I dislike the douche I want cafc to be a championship club next year. JJ is a legend as is clearly hurting, support the team for 90+, hate the regime the rest of the time
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    Anyone else think that's Jose talking?

Edit: or holding the gun?
  • Jacko is well intentioned and is trying his best. Unfortunately he is simply no longer up to 90 minutes in central midfield. The sooner Riga realises this the better. Our midfield is constantly chasing shadows. Great captain, club legend, but now needs to be used from the bench.
  • kentred2 said:

Redrobo said:

kentred2 said:

Jacko getting boring now

The team is the regime.

Ultimately we want Charlton to win. If a good servant like Jackson says vocal support helps then I'm enclined to belive him. Some of our players like Henderson, Solly, Baeur, Fox, THD, Harriott, Jackson, Cousins don't deserve to be hung out to dry by this Belgian mob, so stick with them and aim all our anger at the suits. The players mentioned have been below form lately without doubt but they need us behind them, not against.
    Well said, VG.

You could even be my new favourite.....

Mine too, Fanny
  • Jacko is well intentioned and is trying his best. Unfortunately he is simply no longer up to 90 minutes in central midfield. The sooner Riga realises this the better. Our midfield is constantly chasing shadows. Great captain, club legend, but now needs to be used from the bench.

I think he needs to be used in the sort of role Kevin Nolan played under Big Sam, always around the edge of the box, ghosting into space, as he's not a midfield battler as he doesn't have the endurance or speed

I think he needs to be used in the sort of role Kevin Nolan played under Big Sam, always around the edge of the box, ghosting into space, as he's not a midfield battler as he doesn't have the endurance or speed
    I thought you meant up in the Press Box !

• Money talks and bullshit walks
  • “All of us are not happy with our situation that we are in...we know in recent games that we have not even showed 50 per cent of our quality. At the start of the season we showed more but in the last games we have not.

“We are aware of it, we are not happy or satisfied. We are sad like the fans and everyone around the club but, despite this situation, we are fully confident that we have the quality in the squad and that we have what we need to do, which is to bring results. We are going to do that.”

Guy Luzon - pre-Brentford debacle
  • I think we have got enough quality in at least the first 11 to get out of this mess, providing the players want it as much as us
  • Sponsored links:

• Well after that message, the pressure is on more than ever jacko. How about you and your team mates actually turn up this week and perform......then the crowd that can be arsed to turn up may get behind you.
  • Support the team, we need to try and stay up! Then protest after - Jacko isn't saying anything about that.
  • Relegation doesn't bear thinking about. We have to get behind the team!
  • kentred2 said:

Redrobo said:

kentred2 said:

Jacko getting boring now

The team is the regime.

The regime has the power.

The best the players and supporters can hope to do is influence matters.
  • To be fair, the supporters have got behind the team at the start of the game, but turned after the first goal, certainly at Colchester and especially Hull.
  • Greenie said:

Heard it all before for months and months.
    Tell you what Jacko and all the other under achievers that are wearing our shirt, just do what you are all paid very well for and stop all this bollox. We have all been there for the team most of this season. At the moment we are fighting the regime.
    So get out there on Saturday put a fucking shift in and guess what we'll all be behind you.

100% this for me. I don't question JJ's commitment, but even he's been found very wanting on the pitch. He's looked as bad as the rest of them. If these players have got anything about them, they'll be ashamed of the last 2 games and they will go out hell for leather and raise us, we will get behind them and we will get a result.

Words don't cut it anymore. Just do your jobs
  • We have been using words ourselves for two years regarding this regime, and now there is some action from the supporters because words, or dialogue, or explanation or requests or emails aren't cutting it.
    I would now like to see action from the players.
    Indeed the players are more than welcome to join us behind the West Stand after the game, and together we can start to build a better tomorrow.
  • edited January 2016
    kentred2 said:

Redrobo said:

kentred2 said:

Jacko getting boring now

The team is the regime.

So what, do you want us to get relegated? What will that achieve? Do you think that Roland will sell if we go down? I don't, he would lose too much money. I think he would try to carry on in the same way he has done so far (albeit cutting even more costs), which would make life for us fans even more unbearable.

The way I see it is this. A bigger squad and a more competent manager getting results MIGHT help to persuade RD that this is what we need going forward. We've been failing all season with a thin squad and two managers that were not up to the task. If Riga and the team manage to survive, it's clear proof to the regime of what is required to get success. Of course the end game is to get rid of the regime altogether, but would people rather drop down the leagues in the hope that he just walks away? I certainly would not.

By keeping up the protests even when we are winning, we will send an even stronger message to RD and KM. It has been intimated that we are only protesting because things aren't going our way. What can they say if we are still protesting whilst we are getting the results? There will be nothing left for them to hide behind. I want RD out as much as the next man (or woman) but what is the use in cutting off your nose to spite your face?

Let's continue to give them our support and see if they give us the performances in return. They need to.