Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21 today 18/01/16

2»

Comments

• 79' Great save from Mitov at his near post to keep out Marquis' drive. #cafc

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) January 18, 2016
  • what are our central defenders like, anywhere near Johnson, Lennon or Sarr?
  • Oops...

84' Goal Millwall. Marquis fires in off the underside of the bar. 1-1. #cafc

• edited January 2016
    That's it.

FT | Charlton U21 1 @MillwallFC U21 1. The Addicks extend their unbeaten run to 15 games. #cafc

But still unbeaten!
  • Pigott to start on Saturday
  • Ansah to start on Saturday

• We'll never beat Millwall :-(
  • dickplumb said:

Pigott took his goal well but he isn't the answer. Obileye in Central defence looked solid, but there is nobody in that team that is crying out to be picked for the first team. It was a feisty first half with a bit of handbags after a strong tackle from Kennedy. Millwall shaded the first half but it was a more even second half.

Thanks Dick but was hoping for something more positive about 1 or 2 of the players
  • dickplumb said:

Pigott took his goal well but he isn't the answer. Obileye in Central defence looked solid, but there is nobody in that team that is crying out to be picked for the first team. It was a feisty first half with a bit of handbags after a strong tackle from Kennedy. Millwall shaded the first half but it was a more even second half.

Dick, first time I have seen u 21's for about 3 years. Agree that no-one in that team is anywhere near ready. Actually like Hanlon's positiveness, but was pretty raw and should have scored when he hit the post.

Thought the other impressive players were both centre halves. not sure which was which. Probably not politically correct, but cant think of a different way to ask - which was the darker skinned of the two?

• Sponsored links:

• Great meeting you today Redman,
    The big unit was Obileye, back from the Daggers and Thomas was his partner who has had a loan at Woking.
  • good meeting you too sam and thanks.
  • The darker skinned of the two was Oye Obileye, the other was Terrell Thomas.
  • edited January 2016
    Seeing the starting lineup,
    Millwall had 5 players with 1st team experience, where as
    Charlton had 2 with Pigott + Kennedy.
    Stalemate of a 1st half with 2 evenly matched teams,
    with a mass discussion in the middle of the pitch after a heavy tackle
    being the highlight.

The second half was a better spectacle with Millwall hitting the post first,
    and then after Joe Pigott had a purple patch of hold up play and good passing, CAFC scored with Pigott scoring and a great move involving Pig, Hanlan and Kennedy, a shot came off the post and we just missed the rebound, to take a 2 goal lead with 12 minutes to go.

Mitov who had looked very secure all game, then made two mistakes in 3 minutes, the first came from a poor punch which led to Marquis goal,
    and then dropped a cross, which a defender managed to clear. Mitov is like Pope, in he looks decent but a mistake can surface.

A draw was a fair result but i didn't want a fair result, i wanted to see us win. Other than Pigott in the 18, for last chance saloon time, not certain about the rest.
    I agree no other obvious candidate leap out, but lots of decent players at U21 Level. Some like young Sam Bone have time on their side.
  • Ben18 said:

Point with sarr is his been here about 6minths and probably only played 6 games all in the last couple of months. All for first team so if his not in first team he doesn't play how has that helpsd him to adapt to English football.

Maybe they're trying to loan him out to a Ligue 2 side
    Why would a League2 team want him?

• A draw was a fair result but i didn't want a fair result, i wanted to see us win. Other than Pigott in the 18, for last chance saloon time, not certain about the rest.
    I agree no other obvious candidate leap out, but lots of decent players at U21 Level. Some like young Sam Bone have time on their side.

Not in a team owned by RD, get him in the first team
  • edited January 2016
    I thought it was a good, even match but I have been known to be wrong before! I got the goal though.....

A win would have been good but still, 15 unbeaten. Bromley next week :)
  • Let's face it, half our U21s are already around the 1st team or out on loan (THD, Lennon, KAG, Lookman, Umerah, RCC), and even Poyet is only 20, and Cousins 21. I don't think we can expect any more to make the step up this soon!
  • Let's face it, half our U21s are already around the 1st team or out on loan (THD, Lennon, KAG, Lookman, Umerah, RCC), and even Poyet is only 20, and Cousins 21. I don't think we can expect any more to make the step up this soon!

Say that a bit louder. If Roland hears the conveyor belt isn't likely to be churning out a Gomez or Lookman every season the penny might just drop.
  • Davo55 said:

Let's face it, half our U21s are already around the 1st team or out on loan (THD, Lennon, KAG, Lookman, Umerah, RCC), and even Poyet is only 20, and Cousins 21. I don't think we can expect any more to make the step up this soon!

Say that a bit louder. If Roland hears the conveyor belt isn't likely to be churning out a Gomez or Lookman every season the penny might just drop.
    What i think we will churn out over the next two Season is lots of League 1 or 2 standard players from the academy ?

So they won't have to be Transferred to get 1st team football, plus they would be on 2 to 3k instead of the 10k plus we have now.

I said to my Brothers the 1st week of the takeover 2 years ago, that emulating Crewe might be Duchatelet goal and not chasing the wealth of the Premiership.

This first thought is looking very prescience now.

• Sponsored links:

• Seeing the starting lineup,
    Millwall had 5 players with 1st team experience, where as
    Charlton had 2 with Pigott + Kennedy.
    Stalemate of a 1st half with 2 evenly matched teams,
    with a mass discussion in the middle of the pitch after a heavy tackle
    being the highlight.

The second half was a better spectacle with Millwall hitting the post first,
    and then after Joe Pigott had a purple patch of hold up play and good passing, CAFC scored with Pigott scoring and a great move involving Pig, Hanlan and Kennedy, a shot came off the post and we just missed the rebound, to take a 2 goal lead with 12 minutes to go.

Mitov who had looked very secure all game, then made two mistakes in 3 minutes, the first came from a poor punch which led to Marquis goal,
    and then dropped a cross, which a defender managed to clear. Mitov is like Pope, in he looks decent but a mistake can surface.

A draw was a fair result but i didn't want a fair result, i wanted to see us win. Other than Pigott in the 18, for last chance saloon time, not certain about the rest.

I think Pigott's last chance has already gone, I reckon he played yesterday to stay fit for a move elsewhere this month