Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Our season starts against Blackburn

Nobody expected anything from the Hull game.

Blackburn is winnable. We need every fan behind the team.

Protest afterwards if you want but support the team and not the regime is definitely the order of the day.

I expect there will be news emanating from the club this week - maybe about Katrien, maybe about new signings or a coach or two. We are definitely not relegated already as its tight at the bottom.

The players have a massive task to get their heads straight and having 12,000 fans behind them is going to help.

Operation not a lost cause starts immediately

Comments

• Boycott the game, ram the message him. Get out or sort it out
  • edited January 2016
    I am for protesting before and after, and at half time. But if I buy tickets I will support the team not the regime while the game is going on.
  • This is a must not lose game at the very least.
  • Godstone said:

This is a must not lose game at the very least.

They all are.
  • edited January 2016
    For Gods sake. Get your heads out of the sand. There is only one important result for Charlton and that is new owners. The team IS the regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Godstone said:

This is a must not lose game at the very least.

We are beyond games like this being not lose. Thanks to the interim experiment, all these matches are now must-win. Draws aren't going to get us out of this mess.
  • Swisdom said:

Protest afterwards if you want but support the team and not the regime is definitely the order of the day.

I expect there will be news emanating from the club this week - maybe about Katrien, maybe about new signings or a coach or two. We are definitely not relegated already as its tight at the bottom.

The players have a massive task to get their heads straight and having 12,000 fans behind them is going to help.

More like ends against Blackburn. Suppose we could put the under-21s out... can't do much worse!
    As Kentred said, the future of OUR CLUB is more important than one game. We are and have been utter crap for the best part of four months, can't see it changing now. Afraid we have to accept that we are almost certainly doomed; but if that's what it takes to get the current regime out, so be it!
  • Swisdom said:

I'm finding it increasingly hard to support some of these players who are using the regime as an excuse. Looking at you Gudmundsson.

The regime sold JBG a dream and promptly shat on it. hes got every right to feel aggrieved - he should be playing in the top flight and preparing for the Euros but instead he's in a relegation battle with a team bereft of confidence with a revolving door for a coach, an awol CEO and "fans" calling him shit every week.

I just can't think why he's not performing.
    I can't agree with this Swisdom. He was shocking up at Hull yesterday and I remember him bottling a challenge in the second half. Yes he may have been made promises about our ambition to persuade him to stay, but 10,000 odd Chatlton fans have also been promised a lot over the last 2 years, we still turn up week in, week out trying to get behind them despite being served up a pile of shit.

I'm indifferent to the team at the moment to be honest. I don't agree with the ironic cheering someone like Mak gets, but I do think he's crap. If I get angry in the game, I think like most others, my chants are RD related.

I see where you're coming from in getting behind the team, but I need more from them than what we've seen. I also think some of them have started to try and show some sort of connection with us re: our protests, which I find weird, because the protests stem, IMO from the crap on the pitch
  • February is the acid test: if we don't beat Rotherham and Bristol, we've had it.
  • Swisdom said:

Which cuckoo land are you in pal?
  • Saw this on Twitter, there is a lot to turn around. Take a look at these scatter graphics. Not great reading but gives a good indication of how bad we have been.

http://experimental361.com/2016/01/17/scatter-graphics-championship-16-jan-2016/
  • Sponsored links:

• Clicking bell. Those are scary.
  • by Swisdom · 6:49PM

What a negative attitude I know it's Charlton but
    surely try and be positive for every game.
    Didn't we beat them 2-1 2nd home game?
    We need two decent central defenders, a decent LB
    and Watt back to clear his head and put himself in the shop window
    if he badly wants to get away!
  • Swisdom said:

Agree completely - Hull away was never on my list as a game we'd get anything from. Obviously we'd all like to have nicked a result but the real battle is over extracting maximum points (or dropping the minimum possible) from the next 7 fixtures. The odds are against Riga......but we do have some decent players as it stands and if he brings in 2-3 more we have a chance.

Lets get behind the team.
  • To stay up we need to win the next three. We won't.

Bristol City will find a striker willing to join them and appoint a better manager than the last and will pull clear. Leaves us, Bolton, Rotherham and MKDons. Trouble is we are 6 points (effectively 7 with goal difference now) behind MKDons and our last 6 games are horrendous.
  • Hands up, I still think we will survive ...May change my mind after Blackburn
  • We are 1/10 with Coral to go down, 1/8 most other places. For anyone thinking it's a 50/50 or anything similar due to the amount of points we are away from relegation atm etc.
  • I remain positive ... Some may call it blindly optimistic :wink:
  • edited January 2016
    I know this sounds crazy but I'm actually starting to look forward to the "Mission Impossible" facing Riga and the boys.

Avoid relegation and we would have see a bloody exciting end to the season!

PS - I still want RD and KM out!
  • MarkyE83 said:

Saw this on Twitter, there is a lot to turn around. Take a look at these scatter graphics. Not great reading but gives a good indication of how bad we have been.

http://experimental361.com/2016/01/17/scatter-graphics-championship-16-jan-2016/

Roland loves a graphic doesn't he?

Enjoy Roland.