Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose Riga - A couple of questions

'throwing that kid on at the end is Classic Duchatelet instruction.'

-Not digging at the op of the above in any way, but I just wondered how many people actually agree, that this is the true extent of RD(C)'s control over the day to day things that go on, team related?

-How far are we realistically away from getting a few decent results with the team we've got at the moment (I only ask as I genuinely don't know)?

-What if Riga is his own man and starts to make a few tweeks (with or without RD(C)'s permission or say-so) and we started to get the odd result, will RD(C) give Riga a bit of space?

Comments

• Need some answers here guys......

• A 'couple' is two.

You've asked three.

That's a threesome.
  • Woo Hoo, got an answer. You reckon SJR is his own man then @IA pal?
  • No, it's a ridiculous theory.

I know that some people have voiced concerns about Umerah going on at 5-0 down, but it didn't actually bother me. He needs experience; had no pressure on him (he's not gonna turn the game around at that stage!); and it rested (?) our main forwards. It seemed a better time to come on and make your debut than when we desperately needed a goal (ala KAG all the time).

RD does not influence who gets picked, just who is in the squad. If the coach needs a player for a particular position, RD funds it (or not); it's up to the coach to decide who to pick - SCP ended up not, while Carol obviously did. Umerah has been playing well for the u21's and deserved his place on the bench; KAG needed a loan spell. All makes sense...

We are capable of getting a result, but need injuries to clear up, a clear tactical set-up, some new decent blood, and better luck. Whether we get all of them together is debatable.

RD will have to back up his investment or it will go down the pan; he will not mess with Riga if we start getting results or better performances. Riga doesn't need permission to do anything, other than sign players with an RD cheque.

We can still get out of this, keep the faith!

Support the team, not the regime!

• If Roland was that keen on young players getting minutes, surely he would have forced Luzon to play KAG towards the end of last season instead of Church, who was leaving in the summer anyway.
  • edited January 2016
    The paradox is: Riga is his own man but seems to be joined by an umbilical
    cord to the mother ship.
    The good news is Jose has a 18 month contract so he is in a stronger position than before. (for himself at least)

Is there anyone left on CL who Doesn't now realize that the reason
    Riga contract wasn't renewed last time was because he played less Network players than Chris Powell had during his tenure.

The team are in a worse position between the ears, than last time plus this group of players seem to lack character and the relationship between fans and Owner are as bad as 30 years ago.