Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

One for the oldies

2»

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Just found out this is my nieces husbands step father.

Who I’ve never met but now that I know, will definitely make the effort to do so.

The programmes not mine but I believe I did have it. 

I’ll get my niece to photograph the team sheet to see if he was in the days squad or still out injured, like all our players today, nothing changes does it?

• edited January 2020
    I was at the above game against Shrewsbury which ended 3-3

1974 - the 3 day working week. an 11.0 a.m. kick off to conserve electricity.
  • I remember it well.
  • Badger said:
    I was at the above game against Shrewsbury which ended 3-3

1974 - the 3 day working week. an 11.0 a.m. kick off to conserve electricity.
    Was that a Sunday Morning ?
  • Yes, first Sunday game.
  • Wasn’t there some kerfuffle over the legality of charging an entrance fee on a Sunday, or am I just making that up. 
  • I missed that game as played Sunday morning football then.
  • Wasn’t there some kerfuffle over the legality of charging an entrance fee on a Sunday, or am I just making that up. 
    Didn’t they used to get round it by charging more for the programme but it got you free entry?
  • Green and black away kit.

Yes please Hummel
  • Guess the fact I couldn’t name anyone in that picture means that I’m not officially an ‘oldie’ yet. Though some days I feel it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just found out this is my nieces husbands step father.

Who I’ve never met but now that I know, will definitely make the effort to do so.

The programmes not mine but I believe I did have it. 

I’ll get my niece to photograph the team sheet to see if he was in the days squad or still out injured, like all our players today, nothing changes does it?

Danny Jennings was our youth team captain and played centre back alongside Les Berry for the colts.
    I believe there were high hopes for him but if memory serves knee injuries did for him.
    Les Berry of course kicked-on and forged a career in the first team
  • I remembered the 3-3 score in a flash. I’d forgotten it was a morning kick off.
  • Next time I see Mark Penfold in the Rad I'll ask him
  • Where did you find this photo?