Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seb Lewis

Comments

• Options
    Would be nice to present him with a Charlton shirt when he hits the 1000th game.
  • Options
    I'd stick him on the left wing for his 1,000th game.
  • Options
    Sage said:

If my calculations are correct, and I remember rightly from what Seb told me when Robinson and Bowyer was at the Bromley Addicks meeting...

This anniversary game against Portsmouth tomorrow will be his 952nd consecutive game. Fantastic and quite unreal from Seb.

Which also means that by the end of the season, he will have been to a minimum of 980 consecutive games. Let's hope when he reaches 1000 it is in the Championship is under new owners.

• Options
    Who ever took over as football manager scout. Where it says club icons, if Seb is not listed under "Legends" the world has gone mad.
  • Options
    It's an incredible achievement - more so because of the logistical challenge! Being all boring for a sec - but the two challenges in my mind would be combining it with work and funding the damn thing - he would have spent a fortune over the years! Never mind all the other things you have to squeeze in across life - even if I had his dedication it would have been impossible to do!
  • Options
    Put him on the bench for his 1000th game, be a nice touch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think he should pick the team for his 1000th game.
  • Options
    Blue WKD's all round.
  • Options

Sage said:

If my calculations are correct, and I remember rightly from what Seb told me when Robinson and Bowyer was at the Bromley Addicks meeting...

This anniversary game against Portsmouth tomorrow will be his 952nd consecutive game. Fantastic and quite unreal from Seb.

Which also means that by the end of the season, he will have been to a minimum of 980 consecutive games. Let's hope when he reaches 1000 it is in the Championship.

And under new owners.
    Well done SEB.
    This a clue? We’re getting taken over by a Scandinavian Bank!?
  • Options

Discovered today that the fellah who sits next to me has not missed a home game since 1966. I see no reason to doubt his word. Not quite in Seb’s class but pretty remarkable.

There are few real stalwarts if you dig deep. There’s a very nice chap called Clive who gets on Betty Hutchins coach who has missed one game in 35 years I think

Sheff Wed away in the league one title season when the train he was on broke down

I think he could be one of the big hitters (if not the biggest), but I love hearing about these fans

They’re really good.

My best was missing just one game over 4 years, season 98/99 through to 01/02 season

The game was Swindon away in the night when we won the championship in 99/00. It was October 99 I think

We won but I was ill

Basically it’s so hard to commit to these Lewis Brothers or Clive type runs

It’s almost as if you’re giving your life to a monastery :wink:
  • Options

Think he should pick the team for his 1000th game.

At least he might line us up in something other than a 4-2-3-1 formation.
  • Options
    Yeah 2 up after 20, Carrick ran 80 yards to score and we luckily hung on for the win. Think Newton and Robinson scored.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's an incredible achievement - more so because of the logistical challenge! Being all boring for a sec - but the two challenges in my mind would be combining it with work and funding the damn thing - he would have spent a fortune over the years! Never mind all the other things you have to squeeze in across life - even if I had his dedication it would have been impossible to do!

Dont think work is an issue, as a driving instructor he must pretty much pick and choose the times he works
  • Options
    Seb Lewis' Xmas Vid is the stuff of legend.
    Thats all.
  • Options
    Congrats Seb. And Happy Xmas!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    cabbles said:

Discovered today that the fellah who sits next to me has not missed a home game since 1966. I see no reason to doubt his word. Not quite in Seb’s class but pretty remarkable.

There are few real stalwarts if you dig deep. There’s a very nice chap called Clive who gets on Betty Hutchins coach who has missed one game in 35 years I think

Sheff Wed away in the league one title season when the train he was on broke down

I think he could be one of the big hitters (if not the biggest), but I love hearing about these fans

They’re really good.

My best was missing just one game over 4 years, season 98/99 through to 01/02 season

The game was Swindon away in the night when we won the championship in 99/00. It was October 99 I think

We won but I was ill

It'd be great to get them all together.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

cabbles said:

They’re really good.

We won but I was ill

It's be great to get them all together.
    Agreed. The club should try and find the supporters who have done all these runs. Individually we probably know of some but not all. Collective recognition would be good
  • Options
    cabbles said:

JamesSeed said:

cabbles said:

They’re really good.

We won but I was ill

It's be great to get them all together.
    Agreed. The club should try and find the supporters who have done all these runs. Individually we probably know of some but not all. Collective recognition would be good
    Should be given a free season ticket to help mend their pain.....
  • Options
    Congrats Seb - what an achievement!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

They’re really good.

We won but I was ill

Yep if I went to that many games I would have the sex life of a monk.