Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell says ''He would consider'' coming back to Charlton...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

Dave2l said:

Riviera said:

If we need anyone back at Charlton at the moment; it's Jermain Defoe.

A nice example of ex promising youth player that can lecture our current youth how to get the f*ck out the club with minimal development and Charlton gain nothing.

RD would like Defoe.
    He scores goals.
    ......he can still find the net - apparently he is off to the Cherries.
  • Options
    If you see this Man as the answer to your problems, I truly feel sorry for you, I really do (I was cringing watching your fans sing his name outside tbe ground).

As an earlier poster states, 6 wins in his last 33 matches with us. Wagner, 4 wins in his 9 matches with the same Players (and the football to watch is like chalk and cheese, an absolute pleasure to watch under Wagner, total garbage under Powell).

I actually think you will appoint him as a move by your Chairman to try and gain favour with the fans.

• Options
    Dave2l said:

If you see this Man as the answer to your problems, I truly feel sorry for you, I really do (I was cringing watching your fans sing his name outside tbe ground).

As an earlier poster states, 6 wins in his last 33 matches with us. Wagner, 4 wins in his 9 matches with the same Players (and the football to watch is like chalk and cheese, an absolute pleasure to watch under Wagner, total garbage under Powell).

I actually think you will appoint him as a move by your Chairman to try and gain favour with the fans.

I don't know what it's like being a Huddersfield fan, quite generally shit I'd imagine but we are at rock bottom and protesting for a reason. Any manager would be better then what we've got at the moment, Chris Powell would be a huge step up in comparison to this dickhead in charge you may have heard of, Karel fraeye. He managed in the Belgian 3rd division before joining us and was doing badly there at that club whatever the f*ck they are called!

Chris Powell maybe not everyone's cup of tea and the jury's still out on his football management ability, as is still a young manager and learning.

He is a club hero as a player and got us promoted out the depths of league 1 as a manager with a record point tally and finished 9th following season in the championship with more or less the same squad.

You may also remember he managed us when we blocked that questionable unbeaten league run you was on.
    No proper footall fan takes pleasure in seeing another Club run so badly as you are at the moment. I like Charlton and hope you find a way forward (difficult to see though under the current regime). Seeing what is going on at Blackpool also, well its just scandalous. I have no idea why the current owner bought you and what is his plan / end goal?.

If though you think the football is bad at the moment, wait till Powell gets the gig. Fraeye must be shambolic to see this as a step forward.

Re your comments about being a Huddersfied fane being generally shit. Trust me, it was way worse than shit turning up when Powell was in charge. Thoroughly enoyable now though!.

• Options

Dave2l said:

I don't know what it's like being a Huddersfield fan, quite generally shit I'd imagine but we are at rock bottom and protesting for a reason. Any manager would be better then what we've got at the moment, Chris Powell would be a huge step up in comparison to this dickhead in charge you may have heard of, Karel fraeye. He managed in the Belgian 3rd division before joining us and was doing badly there at that club whatever the f*ck they are called!

Chris Powell maybe not everyone's cup of tea and the jury's still out on his football management ability, as is still a young manager and learning.

He is a club hero as a player and got us promoted out the depths of league 1 as a manager with a record point tally and finished 9th following season in the championship with more or less the same squad.

You may also remember he managed us when we blocked that questionable unbeaten league run you was on.
    No proper footall fan takes pleasure in seeing another Club run so badly as you are at the moment. I like Charlton and hope you find a way forward (difficult to see though under the current regime). Seeing what is going on at Blackpool also, well its just scandalous. I have no idea why the current owner bought you and what is his plan / end goal?.

If though you think the football is bad at the moment, wait till Powell gets the gig. Fraeye must be shambolic to see this as a step forward.

Re your comments about being a Huddersfied fane being generally shit. Trust me, it was way worse than shit turning up when Powell was in charge. Thoroughly enoyable now though!.

FFS - why do we have to read this absolute crap??

We get you don't like him Colin II. In my opinion he did make a mistake going up to Huddersfield - where some folk are a bit funny about those sort of things.

Just move on.
  • Options
    I loved the Cp years at Charlton and continued supporting him went most on here wanted him out, sadly Ihave to admit that if Riga hadn't of come in we would of been relegated. I want to see a strong Charlton, under new directors playing fast flowing attacking successful football. I couldnt care less what country the manager is from or if Ihave heard of him, what's important is his ability, confidence, and track record. Let's continue supporting the team, spearheading a change of owners, and stay in this division.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In our promotion season, we dicked just about everybody - it was exciting at times, pragmatic at others. What is demonstrably true is that Powell was a record-breaking success.

The following season our total attacking signings amounted to Marvin '23rd in League 1' Sordell and a sponge-footed fuckwit.

The season after that, the Belgian naffia turned up and dumped a selection of players on Powell that could be mistaken for extras for a movie remake of the bash street kids. It was made abundantly clear that he wasn't wanted or valued by the regime.

Bearing all of that in mind. Have a quick think about why the quality of football nose-dived...
  • Options

This , i like Powell the man but to have him back ......no thanks.
    Anyway not going to happen because their are loads of clubs after him.
  • Options
    I saw a lot of the team in the League One promotion season and I have to say at times they felt tactically limited. The plan basically seemed to be either get it out wide, or try to get BWP in behind, and nick a goal or two. Not terrible mind, but somewhat lacking. I was there on a cold Tuesday when Rochdale turned up, sat deep, let Charlton have the ball and we looked like we had no idea how to break them down. Same with Stevenage the following week.

He's a top man, true passion for the club, but he's still quite young and at the beginning of his coaching/management career and I think he needs more experience as a coach. He's one I'd love to see get a job as a coach for a Premier League side, or even, god forbid, going abroad to get more perspective and experience. I think that would do him a world of good, and with that kind of experience I think he'd could be a very good manager.

For us, I think it's too soon. At some point in the future, perhaps after some form of the above has happened, then yes, absolutely. But for the short term future, with the state that we're in, I fear it wouldn't end well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would take Curbs with CP as assistant but not CP as manager. At the moment it feels just a dream though.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

As much as I love the man, many don't.

Touting him as our next manager could have a devisive effect on further protest numbers.

Let's just concentrate on getting the Belgian rabble out.

They don't like him one iota on The Forum That Must Not Be Named.
    They didn't like Rick either until he was needed to pull us all together to unite against the common foe.
  • Options

Of course he'd 'consider' coming back - there aren't likely to be many other clubs queuing up for his services.....6 wins in his last 33 games for Huddersfield.

Fleet Badgers
  • Options

You feel sorry for us yet your posting on another teams forum at 3:15am? Haha good one. As far as I'm concerned you can keep your sympathies and stick em up your arse. Funny how you went missing when you got called out but now your back having another dig.
  • Options
    Damn it..............just when I'd finally started to move on.....
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

As much as I love the man, many don't.

Touting him as our next manager could have a devisive effect on further protest numbers.

Let's just concentrate on getting the Belgian rabble out.

They don't like him one iota on The Forum That Must Not Be Named.
    Take a look on there today. Not a happy camp.

• Options

With the right support and direction Chris powell said he would consider a return to Charlton as manager.... (From C5 Football show)

yer clutching at straws mate, what do you expect him to say. the regime wouldn't have him back regardless and chris would be out of his mind to even consider it under the present set up!
  • Options
    Would be the biggest sign ever that they are beginning to get it. Would have me skipping. A united crowd behind him would galvanise the players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SCP will be in charge of Derby County tonight as Nigel Pearson has been suspended by the club!. very strange but good luck Chris.
  • Options
    Got to be a fair chance of him getting the gig there, assuming Pearson goes, if he has the support of the players and has made a decent impression on the owner
  • Options
    Surely it's time Roland eat humble pie and asked Sir Chris to return!
  • Options
    Roland doesn't know what humble is