Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

#WeWantOurClubBack

Very grateful if peeps on Twitter could retweet the below, or if they are putting out similar subject posts themselves include the hashtag #WeWantOurClubBack to help others (journos hopefully) pick up and follow the story, cheers

Comments

• Options
    Should make this the main 'sticky' at the top of the page
  • Options
    We've more stickies at the mo than you can shake a sticky stick at
  • Options

What the hell is a 'sticky'?
  • Options
    I obviously understand the sentiment behind #wewantourclubback, but for non-charlton types, it really doesn't mean anything.

Is there not a better way of clearly relaying our issues with the club's management?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

@Redmidland At the risk of being 'whooshed', It's what threads have on them (Announcement) so that they stay to the fore like your Match commentaries for ease of following, then get removed when the topic is no longer of current importance.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

@Redmidland At the risk of being 'whooshed', It's what threads have on them so that they stay to the fore like your Match commentaries for ease of following, then get removed when the topic is no longer of current importance.
    I'll not whoosh you @RedChaser, I genuinely had no idea, I must be getting old mate....thanks for letting me know
  • Options
    edited January 2016

RedChaser said:

@Redmidland At the risk of being 'whooshed', It's what threads have on them so that they stay to the fore like your Match commentaries for ease of following, then get removed when the topic is no longer of current importance.
    I'll not whoosh you @RedChaser, I genuinely had no idea, I must be getting old mate....thanks for letting me know
    I didn't think you would for a minute mate but knowing my luck there could be a troll lurking. Us oldies have got to look out for one another as the current regime aren't fussed about us :disappointed: .
  • Options

RedChaser said:

I hate to ask - and this is a serious question - I have no idea what to be whooshed means. I have seen it here and there but felt too silly to ask. Now might be a good time? (I also didn't know what a sticky was. @Redmidland I suspect we are from the same era....)
  • Options

you've obviously never been to Benidorm.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

I hate to ask - and this is a serious question - I have no idea what to be whooshed means. I have seen it here and there but felt too silly to ask. Now might be a good time? (I also didn't know what a sticky was. @Redmidland I suspect we are from the same era....)
    @Arsenetatters, I think 'whoosh' means that someone posted a 'joke' post and people fell for it....I think. I'm nearly 61 mate, but still young at heart, even though mine gave up this time last year!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

Essentially, people say 'whoosh' to someone to mean 'I made a joke and you didn't get it / you fell for it'.
    It's often based on being ignorant ironically.

So in this instance, RedChaser was wondering if Redmidland was only joking when he said he didn't know what a sticky was. If so, Redmidland might have said 'Whoosh', meaning 'I did know what a sticky was, I was pretending to be ignorant and you fell for it.'
  • Options

RedChaser said:

@Arsenetatters, I think 'whoosh' means that someone posted a 'joke' post and people fell for it....I think. I'm nearly 61 mate, but still young at heart, even though mine gave up this time last year!!
    Thanks @Redmidland. This means you know more than me about this techno stuff! I remember your posts about your heart problem - hope you are feeling as well as possible (the current off pitch and on pitch problems probably don't help though..)
  • Options
    edited January 2016

you've obviously never been to Benidorm.
    Ha, ha stag do but the groomsman advised us all to stay at the back in case he lost one of us in the black hole.
    Edit; Please don't ask me to elaborate on this one @Arsenetatters :blush:
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Essentially, people say 'whoosh' to someone to mean 'I made a joke and you didn't get it / you fell for it'.
    It's often based on being ignorant ironically.

So in this instance, RedChaser was wondering if Redmidland was only joking when he said he didn't know what a sticky was. If so, Redmidland might have said 'Whoosh', meaning 'I did know what a sticky was, I was pretending to be ignorant and you fell for it.'
    Thanks @Powell Is Pleasant, much better explanation than mine!
  • Options
    Thanks @Arsenetatters, feel much better now, and I'm up for this fight against the current owners.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Whoosh, it's gone over your head. You didn't get the joke or the point.