Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What got me about Saturday

Just want to say that however bad the state of the club has got, it is genuinely reassuring that all of us fans remain pretty much unified.

Even though Saturday was completely awful, that one moment when the whole ground stood up in response to the chant against the owners, I must say I did find myself getting slightly emotional. Sitting in the north upper and seeing the east and west rise to their feet really did remind me that we are Charlton Athletic and we will still stand together and fight against this toxic establishment that are ruining our club.

Apologies for the beer fuelled soppy post but just wanted to say that that really was a great moment.

Hope everyone has a great new year.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed mate. Had to hold a tear back myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    ;)
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

It was Monday

Lol alright well it felt like a Saturday you know how hard it is to keep track of the days during Christmas..
  • Options
    I was pleasantly surprised by how fervently we supported the team (either side of the first goal). Please, everyone, keep it up.
  • Options

Agreed mate. Had to hold a tear back myself.

It was a watershed moment as it showed the unhappiness was not a minority (despite that woman's amateur attempts to spin it as such) and it also indicated that people are now willing to show their displeasure en masse. More of the same please.
  • Options
    Agree. From our seats in the WU, the original stand up for the 2% afew weeks ago only had about 30-40% around me joining in with a few shouts of siddarn. Monday by contrast had more like 70-80% standing with no dissenting voices
  • Options
    Let's keep this up, non-stop on Saturday - never thought I'd find myself saying this but not bothered whether we win or lose on the day (we are going down anyway) the situation at OUR club is bigger than one game. These people that are killing Charlton must be left in no doubt as to the feelings of the fans - not customers by the way! And this should just be the start of a concerted campaign to get the Belgian mafia out. I would take relegation plus administration if it meant we rid ourselves of these arrogant money-grabbing scum and new owners coming in and restoring the pride I once felt for CAFC instead of the downright shame and embarrassment it now means to support the Addicks!
  • Options
    Monday's #standupifyouwantthemout reminded me of the VFR when judas scored against us when we dropped out of the premiership.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes it was a defining moment, but I was really disappointed that it lasted all of a minute or two.

We are so passionless most of the time. I really hope on Saturday, all Charlton fans, can find some passion and turn up at either the pre or post match demos or preferably both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    The only defense of Charlton Folk is that after seeing more defeats than wins at the Valley since returning to the championship and with the last year of TJ and Slater as well as Romeo and Juliet's Tenure (WTF) ?
    Only Colin doesn't think It's a Fuc#ing Tragedy.
    Some people are so punch drunk, that they just sit on their hands and the lights are on but no ones at home.

A small step for man but a giant leap for Charlton fan's. (finding your voice isn't rocket science)
    Even if Saturday is not the catalyst, let's hope it's Cathartic for all supporters
    who will find their Mojo, even if they have forgotten where its been for a while.