Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

if you thought it couldn't get worse

Bowes the shoe shop in Charlton village has closed down.
Those of us brought up in Charlton would know its where you got your first DMs, Monkey boots and Desert boots.
Another Icon gone.

Comments

• Only place I used to go for desert boots when j lived Sth

• edited December 2015
    Shit, Adidas kicks were staples from there growing up.
    Sad
  • Blimey, they've been there forever.
  • Bowes the shoe shop in Charlton village has closed down.
    Those of us brought up in Charlton would know its where you got your first DMs, Monkey boots and Desert boots.
    Another Icon gone.

Remember sitting in there trying them on and me mum saying
    "Now you're sure they fit"
    "Wiggle your big toe"
    "Walk up and down"

And I think they supplied me and me bruvs stanford sport shoes for the elite athlete, which were put to good use on the climbing apparatus at Fossdene Prep School
  • Roland has bought it deliberately.
  • Utterly amazed it stayed open as long as it did!

Shame though.
    Another Icon gone.

"Wiggle your big toe"
    "Walk up and down"

And I think they supplied me and me bruvs stanford sport shoes for the elite athlete, which were put to good use on the climbing apparatus at Fossdene Prep School
    are Stanford sports shoes posh plimsolls?
    Another Icon gone.

"Wiggle your big toe"
    "Walk up and down"

are Stanford sports shoes posh plimsolls?
    Yeah ; )
  • edited December 2015
    Nooooooooo. Another part of my childhood gone. Still at least there'll always be CAFC......
  • Utterly amazed it stayed open as long as it did!

Shame though.

agree
  • Sponsored links:

• Don't know what happened to my suggestion of what I thought would become of the shop now? Just vanished into The Charlton Triangle.....
  • Another bit of my childhood gone, Runouts on the ferry, Crackling from the chippy, Lagertop in the Bugle, Football for Anchor Athletic and Springcourt, bunking in at the laundry by the Sam Bartram entrance.