Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Nottm Forest | Sat 02 Jan | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Charlton Athletic v Nottingham Forest
Saturday 02 January 2016 … 3pm Kick-Off
Referee: Trevor Kettle (Rutland)

Introduction

Well here we are ladies and gents… As 2015 draws to a close its time to look forward and see what 2016 brings us, the biggest rumours are already coming out for next year which notably sees the Match-day Programme turning into a 10-page list of adverts, and it’s not just the programme that will be adopting this approach, after a CharltonLife meeting, the owners of this forum have decided to take the very same approach.

In true Charlton fashion, today we’ll be sponsoring the following: Quality never goes out of style (Levis)… Save money, live better (Walmart)… Keep on going and going and going (Energizer)… See what we mean (Canon)… Make the most of now (Vodafone) and finally; When you care enough to send the very best (Hallmark).

Of course none of the above brands are favoured by all Charlton fans, so if you have your own favourites (Nikon instead of Canon maybe), this is CharltonLife so without doubt you will probably be judged… Oh and by the way, we’re playing Nottingham Forest this Saturday.

The Opposition
Name: Nottingham Forest | Manager: Dougie Freedman
Ground: The City Ground | Nickname: The Forest

With all teams now faced at least once this season, we have of course already played Nottingham Forest this season… The battle of Valley Floyd Road (ours is better as how can you sing to the slow tune that they play?) was fought on 18 August 2015… It was just our third game of the season and we were coming off the back of a win against Queens Park Rangers and a hard fought draw at Derby County.

At the time of meeting, Charlton were in the dizzy heights of fifth place (Getting a nose bleed just thinking about it), Nottingham Forest on the other hand were a further six places down in eleventh… With the first transfer embargo in place, it was always going to be difficult for our opponents to mount a serious challenge for promotion and losing Mikael Antonio to West Ham certainly didn’t help (Britt Assombalonga remains side-lined after a yearlong injury).

The match though back in August should have seen Charlton returning to London with all three points, sadly wasteful finishing in front of goal meant that the points were shared in a 0-0 match, since that day, the Addicks have dropped like a stone and now sit just second from bottom (they can drop to bottom should Bolton beat Huddersfield this Saturday), on the other hand Nottingham Forest remain around mid-table, their last win was against the MK Dons, whilst their last win on the road came against Birmingham in September (one of only two wins away this season).

Charlton Team News
Once again injuries seem to be returning to South London so hopefully the owners decide to open their cheque books this summer, the likes of Tony Watt / Franck Moussa / Zacharya Bergdich and Callum Harriott are expected to move on in the next month so hopefully there are the players to replace them.

Ademola Lookman was forced off on Monday with a hamstring injury, so will surely be out for some time (Will we see him in a Charlton shirt again?) whilst Tarieq Holmes-Dennis was beset by cramp in that same match (a result of why squad depth is so important in the Football League), hopefully though we’ll have the likes of Alou Diarra and Jordan Cousins back in the side after both missed the match against Wolves… We were pleasantly surprised to see Cristian Ceballos returning in that match yet with a lack of minutes, he’ll surely be restricted to the bench.

Henderson
Solly … Sarr … Lennon … Fox
Cousins … Diarra
Gudmundsson … Jackson … Ghoochannejhad
Vaz Te

Substitutes Bench: Pope … Holmes-Dennis … Ba … Moussa … Charles-Cook … Ceballos … Ahearne-Grant

Prediction
Charlton Athletic 1-1 Nottingham Forest

Have a Happy New Year everyone; see you all in 2016… Drink, be merry and once again… Stay safe!!

Comments

• Options
    Blimey is there a match on as well on Saturday?
  • Options
    You mean Kettle ain't bloody retired yet?
  • Options
    Defensive errors lead to another demoralising home defeat and the protests against manager and owners get turned up a few decibels.

Charlton 0 Forest 2
  • Options
    During the protests can we protest against Trevor kettle as well, most inept ref ever
  • Options
    I'm not sure we'll see Diarra or Gudmundsson back just yet (if at all with JBG!) so my expected side is -

Henderson
    Solly
    Sarr
    Lennon
    Fox
    Cousins
    Jackson
    Holmes-Dennis
    Ghoochannejhad
    Makienok
    Vaz Te

Substitutes Bench: Pope, Konsa, Ba, Moussa, Charles-Cook, Ceballos, Ahearne-Grant
  • Options
    Another defeat, chanting for the Belgians to go and a good protest outside.
  • Options
    Good initiative by the club. Provide some dubious quality entertainment to enhance the Protest experience.

7-6 (poor decisions by Kettle)

1-1 (goals)
  • Options
    I predict getting home late.
  • Options
    Comfortable home win 4-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    given the state of fan discontent, boycott and lethargy, I am not expecting a good outcome ON OR OFF THE FIELD on Saturday.
    The players when playing at home seem demotivated, worn out, at a loss, perhaps affected by the hubbub around the club and most importantly confused by the tactics imposed by a manager who is just not up to the job... Injuries real or imagined have only served to make the situation worse.
    I can't bring myself to suggest another home loss, even a draw would not really be acceptable even against a club with the pedigree that Forest has

CAFC ? V Nottingham Forest ?
  • Options
    If we win it will be by a goal. Surely we have to win at some point. But even if we do, don't expect decent football. I am more looking forward to the post-match 'celebrations'!
  • Options
    I predict all saleable assets will be struck by mystery injuries and will not available to play. More academy hopefuls drafted into the first team to showcase. An expected disjointed display resulting in a comprehensive loss. Happy days ):
  • Options
    Charlton 0 - Nottingham Forest 1
  • Options
    Pinocchio's Playthings 0 Forest, pick any number between 3 and 7.
  • Options

I predict all saleable assets will be struck by mystery injuries and will not available to play. More academy hopefuls drafted into the first team to showcase. An expected disjointed display resulting in a comprehensive loss. Happy days ):

Spot on. If the players have been told they are on the way then they won't want to play in case they get injured, nor will the club want them to play for the same reasons. Fraeye, meanwhile, will be left scratching his head at the sudden injury glut, because he will not have encountered that in Belgian Div 3.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I predict a riot.

1-3 Forest. Lennon, Fox and Sarr with their goals
  • Options

Blimey is there a match on as well on Saturday?

A minor sideshow.
  • Options
    Forest are coming into form quite nicely so difficult to see anything other than an away win sadly.

• Options
    Charlton 1 Forest 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone know if there will be tickets available on match day for this one?
  • Options
    Wonder if Igor Vetokele may be on the bench?
  • Options
    With a team that struggles to create chances and has a tendency to give soft goals away every game, it is difficult to look beyond a 2-0 defeat. Oh, that is almost exactly what I said before the Wolves game. As Forest are a bit better than Wolves IMO, I will change it to a 3-0 or 4-0 defeat!
  • Options
    0-3 obviously
  • Options

Anyone know if there will be tickets available on match day for this one?

About 15000 I should think!
  • Options
    1-0 after 3 mins
    1-4 final score
  • Options
    I can see the after match comments now.

The crowd getting on the players backs does not help them, the fans need to show their support.

Blah f****** blah.
  • Options
    Has there ever been a pre match summary predicting a Charlton defeat

Absolute nailed on away win
  • Options
    1-2 loss, match thread from 1.45..will try and report if possible on the protests as well
  • Options

Has there ever been a pre match summary predicting a Charlton defeat

Absolute nailed on away win

It's the hope that kills you.