Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Help!!!!!

My 8 year old just informed me she supports Arsenal now!! What do I do???

I blame Roland, katrien and Karel!

Comments

• sam3110 said:

Force her to buy a season ticket for them out of her own pocket money, that'll show her

After waiting 5 years on the list!
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Force her to buy a season ticket for them out of her own pocket money, that'll show her

I wish we had a waiting list
  • Just tell her that by the time she is 25, Charlton will be in the Champions League and Arsenal will be a clueless bunch. owned by a Belgian lunatic, managed by a complete nobody. All bollocks of course, but it'll be too late by then.
  • My 8 year old just informed me she supports Arsenal now!! What do I do???

I blame Roland, katrien and Karel!

Ha. Reminds me of when I was 9/10 and told my Dad that I wanted to support Spurs instead of the vermin filth he had been taking me to watch. 30 years later, he still hasn't forgiven me and nor has my uncle!

Must be the first year in the last 20 that my Uncle wasn't interested in a little wager that Spurs wouldn't finish above them.

In terms of your daughter. Do you smack? Wouldn't blame you if you did. Perhaps send her to her room for a week without food and water ;)

• edited December 2015
    Get her the Arsenal home shirt with Lookman on the back
  • edited December 2015

lol guys, I'm traumatised I half expected one of them to switch to Chelsea because of their dad but bloody Arsenal.

My grandfather on my father's side supported them when they played locally before they moved North of the river and guess what, yep my Dad picked Charlton in1933 and often had to take evasive action behind my gran after singing our praises over the Gooners.

What might have been, anyway the upshot is I was indoctrinated as an Addick and have had to suffer down the years as has my son so good luck to your daughter for making the break :smiley:
  • Sadly, she won't be any happier. All the Arsenal fans I know are just as miserable as their expectations are higher. OK, this season excepted, where they seem to be doing better than normal (except at Southampton) and we are relegation-bound without a clue.
  • As long as she is healthy and fulfilled Sadie. Nowadays there is little or no stigma attached to ones football orientation, it takes all sorts to make the world spin around...

Hold on!

Arsenal?

Leather the little blighter!
  • Sponsored links:

• lol guys, I'm traumatised I half expected one of them to switch to Chelsea because of their dad but bloody Arsenal.

You are facing the facts of life very early Sadiejane,
    The funny thing is your 8 year old lives in the present so Chelsea
    are just a team fighting relegation in the Premier to her.
    As for CAFC, that's just somewhere she gets taken to by mum
    when she misbehaves !
  • Even worse my grandson has said he now supports W Ham arrrrgh
  • edited December 2015
    She's young, she doesn't know any better
  • dancafc said:

sam3110 said:

I wish we had a waiting list
    We do... Try and call Roland at the moment, there is a queue of about 20,000 fans waiting to speak with him!!
  • Arsenal normally blow up by March, so he/she will probably be supporting Man City by the end of the season.
  • edited December 2015
    MrOneLung said:

Tell her Arsenal can be her Premiership club, but she will have to stick with Charlton as her League One club and that's final.

And Chelsea her championship club?
  • Imagine if she said palace.....no dont.
  • 1eyedtutt said:

Imagine if she said palace.....no dont.

If she had, she'd be up for adoption!