Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

** To all Charlton Fans- PLEASE READ**

edited December 2015 in General Charlton
This article from the voice of the valley

http://www.votvonline.com/

Spread the word.

See you Saturday, for this:
http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70577/saturday-jan-2nd-5pm-sit-in-protest-at-the-valley/p5

Comments

• Re-tweeted
  • Inspirational stuff from Rick which gives hope. Fully behind the idea of the sit down AFTER THE GAME as other forms of protest (2% posters excluded) are in my opinion detrimental to the players, particularly booing and sarcastic jeers.
  • Disgusting and unprofessional behaviour from Charlton here (re:email chain). Very impolite and showing a distinct lack of respect for Varney. Meire and Duchatelet are just plain ignorant
  • edited December 2015
    I think these emails prove that they have no interest in making this club great again it's simply just a way to move his money around.if we get this scum out the club I think 20000 is very realistic even if we don't push for promotion it's the passion on and off the pitch we fans want to see again
  • Sent the link collymore on Twitter hopefully he may retweet to his followers
  • Just an observation but, reading the email exchanges, I think Peter has shot himself in the foot by the tone of his last email to the owner. I understand why he is frustrated but we have learned that the RD and KM are obstinate (at best) and bloody minded so 'attacking' emails like Peter's will never be well received or achieve a positive outcome. I am not digging Peter as I have the utmost for him but I fear that it will be very difficult to make that meeting happen now. I am up for any protest or action in an attempt to bring about the sale we so desperately need but, my honest view, is that he is using a Charlton as a loss-making outfit to offset other business losses and, therefore, has no reason to want to sell up.
  • ...I meant offsetting business profits not losses but you get where I am coming from.
  • She finds our loyalty to Charlton “weird”
    Sorry I couldn't be bothered to watch the web summit video. Could anyone tell me what was the context of that comment? What did she mean by saying that?

As for the emails, like I said yesterday, totally unacceptable behavior from the CEO and the owner. They're probably the most arrogant people that have ever worked here. We used to be humble and modest as a club. They represent the very opposite of the values that we hold dear. They may not know it but they're doing everything they can to damage the image of Charlton Athletic.
  • Sponsored links:

• meldrew66 said:

Just an observation but, reading the email exchanges, I think Peter has shot himself in the foot by the tone of his last email to the owner. I understand why he is frustrated but we have learned that the RD and KM are obstinate (at best) and bloody minded so 'attacking' emails like Peter's will never be well received or achieve a positive outcome. I am not digging Peter as I have the utmost for him but I fear that it will be very difficult to make that meeting happen now. I am up for any protest or action in an attempt to bring about the sale we so desperately need but, my honest view, is that he is using a Charlton as a loss-making outfit to offset other business losses and, therefore, has no reason to want to sell up.

I don't see anything wrong with the last email. Had it been me, I would have been totally pissed off by then. I think Peter Varney did it very well there despite the fact that he had been played. He made himself clear how he felt about the whole thing without sounding arrogant or angry even one bit. Very professional.
    Absolutely correct Jessie. I actually think he came across very mildly. He was pretty much fobbed off.
    They had no intention in attending any meeting.

Seems the Belgian Naffia fob anybody with any interest In charlton off.
  • That e-mail trail is truly staggering. Both it and KM's off-guard comments at her (obviously very highly important) web summit regarding the fact that they see this club as simply a development academy for Premier League clubs and that all talk of getting us promoted amounts to just one more of a series of bullshit lines that we have been fed must be disseminated as far and wide as possible. Not only does everyone in the media need to know of these developments (hopefully it will lead to greater exposure and yet more embarrassment for KM and RD), but every single Charlton fan needs to know about them too.

Well done Airman and all those involved in spreading the message. Thanks to you, hapless Ms Meire, it will a lot more than 2% of fans that want you and your delusional boss to get out of OUR club.
  • Has this info been sent to the Evening Standard et al and copied to the Kentish Independant ;0)
  • Solidgone said:

Has this info been sent to the Evening Standard et al and copied to the Kentish Independant ;0)

If not it needs to happen now
  • meldrew66 said:

Just an observation but, reading the email exchanges, I think Peter has shot himself in the foot by the tone of his last email to the owner. I understand why he is frustrated but we have learned that the RD and KM are obstinate (at best) and bloody minded so 'attacking' emails like Peter's will never be well received or achieve a positive outcome. I am not digging Peter as I have the utmost for him but I fear that it will be very difficult to make that meeting happen now. I am up for any protest or action in an attempt to bring about the sale we so desperately need but, my honest view, is that he is using a Charlton as a loss-making outfit to offset other business losses and, therefore, has no reason to want to sell up.

I don't see anything wrong with the last email. Had it been me, I would have been totally pissed off by then. I think Peter Varney did it very well there despite the fact that he had been played. He made himself clear how he felt about the whole thing without sounding arrogant or angry even one bit. Very professional.
    Peter Varney does NOT suffer fools lightly !!
  • Well, the fact that they have not replied to Peter's last email suggests they have nothing more to say to him. I am simply saying that, if it were me, I would have forced them to actually tell me that they are not interested in a deal which has not happened, in my view, because of the tone of his email. Clearly there appears to be no scope for any further contact from where things were left.
  • edited December 2015
    Solidgone said:

Has this info been sent to the Evening Standard et al and copied to the Kentish Independant ;0)

Can we get the guy on here who works for 'Sky' get it them, they may use it for the Sky HQ 'investigation, piece?
  • Sponsored links:

• By the way, great post Airman; well timed and very informative. It shows them up for exactly what they are.
  • edited December 2015

Solidgone said:

Can we get the guy on here who works for 'Sky' get it them, they may use it for the Sky HQ 'investigation, piece?
    Varneys son Alex works for Talksport I believe.

There's Mark Kleiman at Sky news.
  • I know Patrick Collins has retired from writing for the Sunday Mail but he must still have loads of contacts in "Fleet Street". Anybody able to contact him and ask him to get the message out to his contacts?
  • I know Patrick Collins has retired from writing for the Sunday Mail but he must still have loads of contacts in "Fleet Street". Anybody able to contact him and ask him to get the message out to his contacts?

I was just about to post the same. Is the journalist Mick Collins related to him, I know he's a Charlton fan too.
  • I know English is not her first language but I would expect better from a supposed CEO particularly a lawyer.
  • Brilliant from Rick. Let's do this!
  • Anyone got contacts to Kelvin? He loves slagging us off in his papaer column. This could be a little more "ammo" for him.
  • Rick is not everybody's cup of tea and has been known to rub people up the wrong way in the past, however, 'Cometh the Hour Cometh the Man'! I can think of nobody better to galvanise our fans - not frigging 'customers' - then him in clearing this cancer from our club. Publicity is a key factor and these peoples' disgraceful antics must be put before a wider audience than on this site. There must be Lifers out there with access to the media - just think what certain redtops would make of this fiasco, a headline writer's dream! As Rick says, if we don't stand up now there will be no CAFC in a few years' time. Then what will we do with our Saturday's?
  • Great article. I actually think a massive sit in would be preferable and far safer. I would be happy to participate along with my kids, but I would be reluctant to involve them in a big crowd outside reception. We could get much of the stadium to join in by singing at the end of the match "if you love Charlton, don't leave, If you love Charlton, don't leave" or something similar.
    This is my last home game before I go home, so I would be honored to play a part.