Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Copenhagen

Just booked up a weekend in April, 3 nights. Any recommendations on what to do with 4 days to explore?

Thanks in advance travel gurus!

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Tivoli gardens and Rosenborg castle are worth a visit.
    Really nice part of the world.

Eating and drinking wise - loads of options but can highly recommend this place. http://m.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/brewpub-kobenhavn-gdk412261
  • Find an internet cafe and spend all day on Charlton Life.

Haha love that.
  • Find an internet cafe and spend all day on Charlton Life.

Fortunately I am with three so I can check charlton life to my hearts content whilst exploring the sights
  • I can't remember the month but I went to an England game there probably 12+ years ago and it was very very cold. Quite expensive too.
  • And the Mermaid thing is a lot less impressive than it might be - it's about 3 foot tall
  • edited December 2015
    I can second Tivoli Gardens, cracking of an evening. I went there in December mind so it was very christmassy, but I imagine it'll be really nice in April too.

Stroget (a really long pedestrianised road) has a few nice bars and places to eat too, there's also (or was?) a brilliant Karaoke bar. Open until 5am, even on Sundays IIRC - I fell in love with that place.

If they don't close the bridge off you can also pop in to Malmo (Sweden) in about half an hour on the train.
  • edited December 2015
    +1 for Tivoli Gardens. +1 for quite expensive.

Nice place though.

Been twice, once with an Arsenal supporting mate who had no-one else to go to the European Cup Winners Cup Final think it was 1994 and Alan Smith scored. And a few years ago for a weekend.
  • Carslberg Brewery Tour :-)
  • Loads to do, Blue Planet Aquarium, Christiania,Bakken Amusement park,Zoo, even go to Malmo for a visit.
  • There is a steakhouse near Tivoli Gardens where you can get a steak called a mountain man. It is 1 kg of very nice beef
  • Sponsored links:

• If you're liberal minded go to Cristiana Garden.
  • Badger said:

Loads to do, Blue Planet Aquarium, Christiania,Bakken Amusement park,Zoo, even go to Malmo for a visit.

Badger said:

Loads to do, Blue Planet Aquarium, Christiania,Bakken Amusement park,Zoo, even go to Malmo for a visit.

Malmo ar bra. Men Sverige's bastre stad ar Boras!!!!!!
  • Maybe drop Vetokele a message?
  • A strong recommendation from me too for Tivoli Gardens. I went afternoon through to evening. Free Christiana was a surprise to me seeing such heavy dudes and balaclavas. Worth a visit but don't take photos.
    The bridge to Malmo was fantastic, although Malmo was boring, the hour or so I spent there was enough even for the 50 Euros it costs to ride a motorbike across.
    Found an inexpensive hostel that was really nice and bought food from a supermarket and it was even a good value trip.
  • Spunk bar - cheapest beer you'll find out there.

Been twice with England - beautiful City. Cold as fuck in the winter.
  • What are you after? Exceptional Sunday brunch at the national museum is a true winner. Tivoli wont be open. Further afield you could take the train to Louisana modern art gallery in Humlebæk, 30 minutters North of conpenhagen for an amazing collextion of contemporary art like Picasso and Warhol but Their more obbsscure Work. Sankt Hans Torv In Vesterbro has Greet bars, Nyhavn is picture post card prototype, O'learys In central station Will show premiership games on the Saturday, for brasing sea side air go to Dragør old fishing Village at ens id metro line.
    Canal tour at nyhavn will give you great tour of all the sites but use the service on rhs of nyhavn and not dfds, which is half the price.
    Christiania, Christianshavn metro station, is a crazy hippy commune.
    Your four days will go quickly.
  • @moutuakilla drop me a PM mate. I live in Copenhagen