Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The silence from the club is deafening !

Comments

• cafctom said:

Still waiting for them to tell us which club Karel Fraeye came from.

Tom I believe he sent Roland his champions league winning season with Ebbsfleet on Football Manager from the 2014/15 season. He showed Roland how he took Ebbsfleet from the conference, all the way to European glory. He signed Vetokele as a free agent in 17/18 and Vetokele scored 35 goals in the Championship that season. Roland was amazed. He thought if he can get Vetokele scoring 35 goals in a simulated game, whilst KF just sat in his room for days, on his own, then that is the manager for him
  • RedChaser said:

Fumbluff said:

stonemuse said:

Is the perfect storm arriving, the coming together of three dramatic events?

First we had the web summit video, then the PV email exchange ... one more to go!

That'll be the trust buying a tank then...
    This is all very well and I'm happy to contribute to the purchase but have we got someone to operate it? My late uncle was in the desert rats and used drive one and was 5'6", how tall are you? :wink:
    Are we getting Jorge Costa in as manager?
  • I think it's quite telling really.

To me it's saying. "We actually don't give a shit what supporters think" "if you don't like it don't come" etc, etc.

It shows you the regard that these tossers treat people with.- "now sit quitelty and enjoy the match day experience - the football part will be shit, but at least you can have a nice pie"

All this circus act has done is run the club in to the ground and rub supporters noses in the dirt.

People like Richard Murray are not far off the Belgians in my opinion. I've met him in a couple of occasions and have always held him in high regard. He can do one as well. Mind you, alarm bells started ringing with him when he started point scoring with that orange faced mug from our "friends" down the road.

I don't know what the deal is with any of it, but whatever it is, the supporters deserve so much better.

Besides even if they did speak out in an attempt to placate the fans, I think that A) nobody would believe them anyway - even if they were telling the truth, and B ) it's too late the damage has been done.

I stopped going a while ago, but have nothing but admiration for the supporters that still attend. Everybody has their tipping point and people that I know, ones who I thought would not stop going no matter what have.

What a complete and utter mess. A change of coach or the addition of a couple of players isn't going to change it. The only way to stop it is for the cancer to be removed - that's you Roly and Pinocchio.

This. For all the good RM did for OUR club in the curbs era I think the man is a prick. Not least for the fact that when Palace were relegated at the valley in 2005 he apparently told Simon Jordan to enjoy the championship, wanker. I have left off speech marks as it may not have been word for word but to me that shows a lack of class. That and the apparent collusion with the Belgians mean I would like him out the club as well.
  • obviously waiting until February when the Communication Manager arrives

His first job will be to explain why we only signed the players we did and they will get us up the league. Big job on his hands
  • I read somewhere on here that Relegation Roger is on his way back.
    yay
  • Really unfair criticism. The fragrant Miere has graced us with a North Korean-style stage-managed Q&A session and designs to grin at us most weeks. It is unreasonable for anyone to expect such a brilliant CEO to waste time on the 2% of (mainly old) customers who don't appreciate how lucky we are to have her.
  • jamescafc said:

cfgs said:

Silence except from "highlights", rallying calls and loads about the departing doctor. Feel for the players being used to spout sound bites.

It was interesting after the game last night as I waited to get a few pictures with my son. A few protestors had a large flag with We Want Our Charlton Back or words to that effect. They were asking the players to sign it as they left the ground (more in jest than anything else) and their varying reactions were very revealing - you could see a few were clearly very fed up with the way things are going.
    They would have to have be really dopey to not be unsettled and pissed off by it all.
  • edited December 2015
    Really dissapointed with Murray. He's not quite up there in the hated status that Roly and The witch hold in my estimation, but he isn't far off. Shame really as it completely undoes all the good stuff he did at the club. He will now just been remembered as a member of the Belgian Naffia. Cheers Muzza.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really dissapointed with Murray. He's not quite up there in the hated status that Roly and The witch hold in my estimation, but he isn't far off. Shame really as it completely undoes all the good stuff he did at the club. He will now just been remembered as a member of the Belgian Naffia. Cheers Muzza.

Agree. He's crossed over to the other side in my mind.
  • edited December 2015
    To me the silence is deafening because they have been found out as being inept and out of their depth. They have donned their tin hats are sitting under the boardroom table and hoping the enemy within will go away....there is no way they can come out of the 'email fiasco' with any self-esteem now. We are slowly seeing that they can be got at, they have no Plan B on the pitch and no Plan B off it!!
  • drewman said:

I think it's quite telling really.

To me it's saying. "We actually don't give a shit what supporters think" "if you don't like it don't come" etc, etc.

It shows you the regard that these tossers treat people with.- "now sit quitelty and enjoy the match day experience - the football part will be shit, but at least you can have a nice pie"

All this circus act has done is run the club in to the ground and rub supporters noses in the dirt.

People like Richard Murray are not far off the Belgians in my opinion. I've met him in a couple of occasions and have always held him in high regard. He can do one as well. Mind you, alarm bells started ringing with him when he started point scoring with that orange faced mug from our "friends" down the road.

I don't know what the deal is with any of it, but whatever it is, the supporters deserve so much better.

Besides even if they did speak out in an attempt to placate the fans, I think that A) nobody would believe them anyway - even if they were telling the truth, and B ) it's too late the damage has been done.

I stopped going a while ago, but have nothing but admiration for the supporters that still attend. Everybody has their tipping point and people that I know, ones who I thought would not stop going no matter what have.

What a complete and utter mess. A change of coach or the addition of a couple of players isn't going to change it. The only way to stop it is for the cancer to be removed - that's you Roly and Pinocchio.

Not least for the fact that when Palace were relegated at the valley in 2005 he apparently told Simon Jordan to enjoy the championship, wanker.
    As far as I'm concerned, this is one reason why he achieved legend status at Charlton.

• RedChaser said:

Fumbluff said:

stonemuse said:

Is the perfect storm arriving, the coming together of three dramatic events?

First we had the web summit video, then the PV email exchange ... one more to go!

That'll be the trust buying a tank then...
    This is all very well and I'm happy to contribute to the purchase but have we got someone to operate it? My late uncle was in the desert rats and used drive one and was 5'6", how tall are you? :wink:
    I'm 6'zip, are we saying that's too tall to drive the thing? I don't mind someone smaller driving, I'd probably accidentally end up crashing the thing through the West stand anyhoo
  • Stig said:

The three Belgian Buffoons were spotted together this morning:

Club Not Listening

Dopey, Grumpy and Sleazy.
  • Stig said:

Club Not Listening

How usual. She is grinning like a moron.
  • mogodon said:

Stig said:

Club Not Listening

How usual. She is grinning like a moron.
    A leopard cannot change it's spots
  • I genuinely don't think we will hear from KM again. She may be CEO for a time to come but I just think they will keep quiet.
  • Huskaris said:

I genuinely don't think we will hear from KM again. She may be CEO for a time to come but I just think they will keep quiet.

New Comms head starts next month ...what a shitstorm he is walking into :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Pity, if only we could get the media to interview her on what's happened in the last 24hours
  • dingdong said:

Pity, if only we could get the media to interview her on what's happened in the last 24hours

Yes, she normally can't wait to get her grinning mug on the tele!
  • dingdong said:

Pity, if only we could get the media to interview her on what's happened in the last 24hours

She doesn't have the bottle ...plus too arrogant as she would have to admit to mistakes and harm her CV
  • KM - "What protests? I didn't see any protests..."
  • Huskaris said:

I genuinely don't think we will hear from KM again. She may be CEO for a time to come but I just think they will keep quiet.

Yes, my feeling is they will not respond. Partly because they might be unsure how to handle it but also to give us nothing to rail against, or exploit to the media as the folly it is likely to be. Not deign to reply or acknowledge any of this. I doubt there will be any dialogue, the lines have been drawn, I think a war of attrition is our only course of action, and basically it might be a case of who tires of it first. RD can probably afford to try to sit it out. But if we can make it all more trouble and expense than it is worth, and generally tiresome, then he might just walk away from it, blaming us for not understanding his vision.
    But I think most of us would be quite happy to take the blame there, RD it's not you it's us. ;-)

• stonemuse said:

Huskaris said:

New Comms head starts next month ...what a shitstorm he is walking into :smiley:
    Not if he/she reads Twitter and has any sense. ;)
  • It's almost as if she is under instruction to shut up! A bit late now Roland!
  • edited January 2016
    dingdong said:

They'd need one hell of a long room to conduct that in otherwise her nose will be pushing out windows :wink:

• In the first programme of the season Katrien Meire says there is no one to hide behind any more.

Ah

But

She then got in a sofa.
  • 3blokes said:

Huskaris said:

Yes, my feeling is they will not respond. Partly because they might be unsure how to handle it but also to give us nothing to rail against, or exploit to the media as the folly it is likely to be. Not deign to reply or acknowledge any of this. I doubt there will be any dialogue, the lines have been drawn, I think a war of attrition is our only course of action, and basically it might be a case of who tires of it first. RD can probably afford to try to sit it out. But if we can make it all more trouble and expense than it is worth, and generally tiresome, then he might just walk away from it, blaming us for not understanding his vision.
    But I think most of us would be quite happy to take the blame there, RD it's not you it's us. ;-)

I agree, I think there is a lot of ways that we can cost the club a lot of money. An example is last night's protest, I am sure that the policing bill (I saw at least 3 police vans) would have been sent to the club?