Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins is a Charlton hero

Comments

• Options

Leuth said:

His effort and commitment are never in doubt. His ability to pass or control the ball always will be. I think he'll end up playing in defence, which would suit his skill-set more

Isnt a bad shout... After seeing him at Right-Back against Hull I wonder if its worth playing him in Defence alongside Bauer whilst Diarra sits in Midfield with Jackson rather than the other way round.
    Diarra and Jackson have a lot of qualities to offer - but at their age to play together in midfield, they need young legs alongside them. Cousins plays that role; maybe Ba could if he can add consistancy and concentration to his game.

With Kashi, Ceballos and JBG injured, we so desperately need new midfield options.
  • Options
    He should be vice captain no question as I think he has a roy keane - like presence inside him and I think he should be allowed to express himself more. Great character who gives everything
  • Options
    Why do we make excuses for everyone? To much being asked of him? Leave it out. Bloke ain't pulled his weight for ages. Playing crap and really ain't much cop at his best!
  • Options
    Tom said:

Why do we make excuses for everyone? To much being asked of him? Leave it out. Bloke ain't pulled his weight for ages. Playing crap and really ain't much cop at his best!

Assume you will not be voting for him at the POTY ceremony
  • Options
    No mate. Just my humble opinion and I'm sure most disagree but I just don't see it. Think we have been spoilt by some real quality centre mids over the year. Need more than a good engine.
  • Options
    He is charlton.

The good things we love about charlton.
  • Options
    Probably find out that there were people watching him yesterday, only reason why the numpty that is running the team played him, cash is king and all that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015

Probably more than any of our young academy graduates he has been overplayed imo.
    He should be developing in our midfield, not expected to carry it.
    How he could do with a proper manager to nurture him right now.
    He may have it in him to raise his game to Prem League level, I don't know.
    Maybe not, but I doubt he's in an environment where he'll be given the right advice or platform.
    I think it more likely his potential will be crushed under the current regime

The bit about carrying our midfield is so true . But, I think in the long term in won't do him any harm - it will add to his experience. However, to get the best out of him now, we can't ask him to be the legs of the midfield on his own. There is a balance between quality and energy. Because we need his energy too much, it dilutes the quality a bit. It's as simple as that.There is a good player, no a very good player in there. If you just watch games you might not see it, but if you really watch them you will. The fact that he is loyal and gives his all is a credit to the lad. I usually squirm when I see players kiss the badge. When he did it last season, I didn't because it was genuine. He is one of our own. Never has a player song been more appropriate.
  • Options
    First name on the teamsheet at 21, great engine, organiser of other players...any decent coach should be looking at him, thinking "I'm going to work on his distribution and turn this guy into a top player"
  • Options
    JC does represent "Our Charlton" but he has been poor. However he has been a victim of being part of a weak squad as well as his own energy over technical ability.

Whilst it was worth exploring playing JC in the middle his shortcomings are more apparent at centre midfield than at full back or left mid due to the intensity in the central midfield position.

JC can develop into a quality full/wing back or continue to struggle in midfield, either way he needs to be coached correctly to fulfill his potential, which is unlikely under the current regime.
  • Options

JC does represent "Our Charlton" but he has been poor. However he has been a victim of being part of a weak squad as well as his own energy over technical ability.

Whilst it was worth exploring playing JC in the middle his shortcomings are more apparent at centre midfield than at full back or left mid due to the intensity in the central midfield position.

JC can develop into a quality full/wing back or continue to struggle in midfield, either way he needs to be coached correctly to fulfill his potential, which is unlikely under the current regime.

Jason Euell seems to have done a good job coaching the young players in the U21's. Given a bit of time, he might start to get through to some of the young first teamers too.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Man of the match by such a long way today. So many examples today of a player with determination, guts and skill. Most important player we have.

POYR ? Can't see anyone is going to touch him.

Indeed, Redrobo.

No-one to touch him for Player of Your Rear ....

:wink:

• Options
    Player Of The Year? Can't fault his effort but no, sorry. He doesn't do enough to affect games. You could argue none of them do, but I'd still say Bauer is miles ahead.

Whoever plays best from now on will probably deserve it, anyway.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Does not do him any favours having Jackson along side him. Until we find better Ba should be Cousins midfield partner, Yes Ba does make silly mistakes but he makes a difference because he can burst FORWARD with the ball with pace which in turn causes panic to the opposing team , something Jacko can no longer do.
    Apart from our opening two home games the midfield pairing have been awful, Kashi has imo been a big loss this season.
    Anyway would prefer Cousins at RB
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The passion for Cousins is inspiring people, but aside from work rate and endevour there's really not a lot there, he does nothing with the ball, we haven't had a proper CM since Reid.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The problem with cousins is that he is currently expected to provide the work rate and creativity - it is the player playing with him that is the issue - I am sorry to say! Only from a footballing perspective I must add.
  • Options
    Our best player.
  • Options
    the hero returns for QPR u23s today - not sure if he's returning from injury, but hardly set the world a light at QPR.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    cabbles said:

the hero returns for QPR u23s today - not sure if he's returning from injury, but hardly set the world a light at QPR.

Must be coming back from injury...

Only played 18-games for Queens Park Rangers and hasn't been involved in the slightest since the turn of the year

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-midfielder-speaks-frustrating-injury-13652904
  • Options
    Always thought he was over rated.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Really??? He was outstanding for us and was getting rave reviews at QPR at first. Let's see

I heard from a QPR fan at work that he's just not getting selected at the moment and he's "useless", which I find hard to believe. Hope he's just trying to wind me up!

Would love to see JC do well.
  • Options
    he was the next big thing when playing for the England school boys but then had to endure that court case and I do wonder how much that set him back?

imo was a great player for us never quite reached the level that was talked about when he was playing with England U16/17/18/20's