Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Terror attack?? Bromley Glades

Newspapers reporting an incident today. A man running through the centre with a 2ft machete

Comments

• Apparently police are looking for a second suspect who dropped a knife and ran. Worrying
  • On the BBC.
    One man arrested with a HUGE machete.
  • Not being treated as a terrorist incident. Fight between two young blokes. One arrested for affray the other dropped a machete and legged it when the police turned up.
  • Nephew was over there earlier, around 4, and was just leaving when people started running for the exits. As he was driving out, armed police were all over the place.

I remember the days when Bromley was a sedate little town.
  • must have been planned cos i doubt too many chaps carry a 2ft machete around on the off chance
  • Who remembers the coffee shop back in the 60's and 70's.

And the Bromley Little Theatre before it burned down.
  • Bromley Little Theatre is by the Railway pub.

There's been loads of knife attacks there but they're usually at night time and not in a shopping centre. Bizarre that people would think a terrorist would use a knife.

There's been loads of knife attacks there but they're usually at night time and not in a shopping centre. Bizarre that people would think a terrorist would use a knife.

Erm.... Leytonstone ring a bell?
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:

Bromley Little Theatre is by the Railway pub.

You think that was a terrorist attack? Wow!

29 families in Kunming don't thin it's so bizarre.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack

You'd be surprised. Implement of choice in xinjiang. Check it out
  • Like someone said in a earlier post. Why can't can't they have a straightner. If I was the police or government I would give anyone caught carrying a gun or a knife they would get an automatic 10 yrs in prison no questions asked. They were carry it so they must have been prepared to use it. This way it would stop most stabbings and gangs .
  • How you doing Siv? Enjoying being back in the land of sit down toilets?

And the Bromley Little Theatre before it burned down.

Coffee Importers. The smell of coffee when you walked past was fantastic.
  • Loved that smell....just down from Bonieparts ( sp ?) records in the square.
  • Sponsored links:

I remember it well. My sister used to have a Saturday job there, until she got the sack. It went down hill after that.

I remember it well. My sister used to have a Saturday job there, until she got the sack. It went down hill after that.
    Spill the beans?

Spill the beans?
    I've heard she did, and that's why she got the sack
  • TelMc32 said:

I remember the days when Bromley was a sedate little town.

Me too. Then we started allowing folk from ghettos of the likes of Downham and Bexley freedom to visit and it's become like a holding pen for Jeremy Kyle guests.

I saw a fat man in a tracksuit there last week. Ghastly.
    I know what you mean,when people from Bromley drifted into Petts Wood and Orpington it was like the gypos had moved in ehh.
  • A teenage boy has been charged over a Boxing Day row between youths at a shopping centre that allegedly involved a 2ft-long machete.

The 16-year-old was arrested at the Intu shopping centre, formerly The Glades, in Bromley, southeast London, after the fight sparked rumours that a gunman was on the loose.

Armed police were called to the scene just before 4pm on Saturday and found the boy with a head injury. Two knives were also discovered in the area.

The teenager has been charged with common assault, violent disorder and possession of an offensive weapon and was remanded in custody to appear before Bromley Magistrates' Court on Monday morning.

A second teenager, also 16, was detained at his home in Lewisham on Sunday morning and arrested on suspicion of affray.
  • The scaremongering seems to work, any nutter

Taxi_Lad said:

You don't think that was a terrorist attack? Wower!!

It was a mentally unstable guy, anyone that thinks it was a 'real' terrorist attack needs to stop reading the sun and get a grip

• edited December 2015
    shine166 said:

The scaremongering seems to work, any nutter

Taxi_Lad said:

It was a mentally unstable guy, anyone that thinks it was a 'real' terrorist attack needs to stop reading the sun and get a grip

Perhaps you should read a dictionary and learn what terrorism is before spouting nonsense on a public forum.

Terrorism: The unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Now that you have been educated, do you still think a man attacking people with a knife screaming "This is for Syria" isn't terrorism?
  • Sorry to read about Kunming. That's terrible.
  • shine166 said:

The scaremongering seems to work, any nutter

Taxi_Lad said:

Perhaps you should read a dictionary and learn what terrorism is before spouting nonsense on a public forum.

Terrorism: The unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Now that you have been educated, do you still think a man attacking people with a knife screaming "This is for Syria" isn't terrorism?
    What if they claim insanity?
  • Then they are an insane terrorist.