Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protest part viii

As part of the protest campaign, would Requesting the club to remove all contact details from their database or unsubscribe (until satisfied the club is run properly)? This action would soon bring home the twindling support under this regime......just a thought....any mileage?

Comments

• I prefer FFVIII to be honest.
  • Up for that if you can find a way of unsubscribing.
  • edited December 2015
    On the CAFC newsletter there is a link to unsubscribe; there are check boxes of what to unsubscribe. I've clicked all of them. It says that you can subscribe again.
    I'm surprised that nobody is interested in doing this easy protest. Surely, CAFC Communications keeps stats on the number of subscribers to the newsletter and how many unsubscribe? Sir Henry or Rick is this so?
  • Every time I try and unsubscribe it keeps saying oops there is an error try again later
  • It's a good idea. They are obliged by law to comply with any request to cease direct marketing and there is an additional admin burden in re-sorting their (already inaccurate and compromised) marketing database. Email subscription handling is automated, it's the Data Protection Act compliance that is the ball-ache.

As well as unsubscribing from club emails, a direct email request should be sent to the club to remove yourself from their marketing database. If in future you receive a direct marketing email/phone call from the club they will be in breach of Data Protection Act and subject to possible sanction.
  • Good idea, will unsubscribe.
  • Would unsubscribing mean you couldn't purchase tickets online ?

Probably not, but thought I'd check.
  • Nicholas said:

Every time I try and unsubscribe it keeps saying oops there is an error try again later

Just mark it as SPAM then. I would have my unsubscribe worked fine.

Paying my 2nd visit of the season tomorrow. White hankie treatment will be order of the day (no response required from Mehmet..)
  • edited December 2015
    Fanny I think unsubscribe to the Newsletter but on taking that action it lists three options. I can't recall now what they are but one does mention commercial partners. I think subscribing will then affect their advertising but as I've never run a football club I don't know how effective this action would be. Rick or others that have been on the inside should be able to say what the impact would be if 1000,s unsubsribed.
    All I am saying is that this action should be a sign to the club of our discontent and once we feel we, as fans, are satisfied with the direction the club take then we just subscribe
    Could you nudge Rick or whoever on whether this is a worthwhile goer?
  • Don't get any emails from the club, unfollowed them on Facebook though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

Fanny I think unsubscribe to the Newsletter but on taking that action it lists three options. I can't recall now what they are but one does mention commercial partners. I think subscribing will then affect their advertising but as I've never run a football club I don't know how effective this action would be. Rick or others that have been on the inside should be able to say what the impact would be if 1000,s unsubsribed.
    All I am saying is that this action should be a sign to the club of our discontent and once we feel we, as fans, are satisfied with the direction the club take then we just subscribe

Thanks, Solidgone.

Not sure whether I'm the right person to nudge AB, though !

• He's probably a kip.
    Not a youngster like (Sir) Henry.
  • Solidgone said:

Thanks, Solidgone.

Fanny I apologies if I've not made myself clear if you could alert Rick or others about this post. It just goes to show how not to mix up an ordinary nudge with a wink wink nudge nudge because that would be rude. And while apologizing, nor am I insinuating that Rick or others have been detained under Her Majesty's Service [inside]. ;0)
  • Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

Thanks, Solidgone.

Fanny I apologies if I've not made myself clear if you could alert Rick or others about this post. It just goes to show how not to mix up an ordinary nudge with a wink wink nudge nudge because that would be rude. And while apologizing, nor am I insinuating that Rick or others have been detained under Her Majesty's Service [inside]. ;0)
    LOL.

Point taken.

I'll see if he's awake....

• Solidgone said:

Solidgone said:

Thanks, Solidgone.

LOL.

Point taken.

I'll see if he's awake....

I thank you.
  • keep your friends close but your enemies closer

• edited December 2015
    cafc999 said:

keep your friends close but your enemies closer

We all have the same objective to change the current owners direction. How we go about applying our limited pressure to do so requires total support in what we do do (I think adding a secondary do makes it sound funnier and probably adds another meaning). Anyway, It's pointless trying to do something that "we" think is right but has a negative or negligible impact. Therefore we need to call in all support to ensure what we do do has an impact. Hence the call for the insight from those that have knowledge within the club. Oh shit, I'm beginning to sound really serious and that's probably because our situation is. We are fucked unless we try every possible way to get our current owners to change their tact otherwise it's goodnight Eileen. Come on, let's all pull together...for the sake of our club.
  • I'm not sure whether this unsubscribe function works as i received another Charlton newsletter today.
  • Finally got around to unsubscribing. Now to see if i receive any more junk mail from the club.
  • Has anybody else started to unsubscribe?
  • Sponsored links:

• yes but it takes about 7-10 days as they have sacked all the admin staff!!!!!
  • It was going to junk anyway, so just unsubscribed. Every little helps...
  • Unsubscribed.
  • Not sure why but doing this makes me feel a traitor. Needs must though. :0((
  • Unsubscribed.