Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Present / Worst Present / Random Present

Let's hear your tales of present highs and lows today!

Comments

• Bike track day voucher.

A bag of these old Charlton Life favourites:
  • edited December 2015
    I bought a star for my wife and named it after her nan.i also bought her a title she is now legally a lady
  • Best - Meindl stalking boots

Worst - Mum gave me a second hand leather wallet one year, turned out it was already my wallet

Random - Lynx deodrant
  • Sometime today i'm going to lose an eye to a remote controlled helicopter.
  • My stepdad got my mum a completely non ironic pair of sacoteurs
  • Best - Meindl stalking boots

Worst - Mum gave me a second hand leather wallet one year, turned out it was already my wallet

Random - Lynx deodrant

Lynx is far from random, it's been a Christmas staple since 1992

• Pretty sure my mother-in-law got a briefcase when she was 10 years old. That's quite strange.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:

Best - Meindl stalking boots

Random - Lynx deodrant

Lynx is far from random, it's been a Christmas staple since 1992

Gift box maybe, but a bottle of deodorant?
  • All Highs.....a few I asked for but some were surprises.

New Kask Cycling Helmet
    New Garmin for the bike
    80s Originals Ellesse Bobble Hat
    Original Penguin Gingham Shirt
    Le Coq Sportif Trainers
    Signed (Limited 500 Print Run) Stuart MacBride Xmas Short Stories
    Couple of other books
    Enough Gillette razors for the year
    Tickets to see Bill Bailey on 3/1/16

Well pleased.

And my daughter was absolutely buzzing with the El Hadji Ba Poppy Shirt! Beat the gaming laptop as her fave present.
  • Worst present ever was a Mickey Mouse teapot from a close relative. I was 37 at the time. I don't think it even made it home.
    Best present was probably a scalectrix about 2 years ago. Apparently I'd told the family I had always wanted one as a kid, but Santa just didn't like me enough.
    So they clubbed together and got me one. It was a brilliant present.
    Oh and a light sabre last year to fight my 6 year old with. I should point out he got one too ;-)
  • Worst present - 48 pack of Jaffa cakes, would have been alright but 12 had been eaten.

Best present - travel, accommodation and tickets for England v Wales Euro 2016.
  • Best: 3d blu ray player.
    Worst: A Santa snow globe. However it was from my 6 year old daughter and so I'll cut her some slack.

Both my girls loved their main presents. Signed poster from the Avengers actors for the eldest (She is 18).
    My youngest daughter received Sylvanian Maple Manor house plus furniture / families. She jumped in the air when she saw it. Magic moment.
  • Best this year so far is tickets to Silverstone British GP
    Worst is a bottle of Lambrini from mate at work
    Most Random is a Beano Album from "Santa"
  • Ticket for The Who at Wembley in Feb. She also got the old goodwood motor racing programme I got Stirling Moss to sign when I met him last month framed. Best present is a spongebob squarepants soap from my daughter.
  • Not my present but had to share this as a "best" present.

• Best Gloves for when the cold weather hits us.
    Worst Hearing fireworks going off today and its not old year new year yet.
    Random Mate just rang us up he has brought himself an old juke-box and i will have to help him unload it on Tuesday next week.First record he is going to play on it will be by The Rocking Berries and he whats me to get the record signed by the band.That means me going up to Birmingham to see the lead singer,thats a hardship going up to Birmingham i mean,not meeting up with a good old rock en roller.See you later Paul.
  • I first Christmas day in forever I don't have to do the driving. Mrs Plum is about to drive us to my brothers for the nosh (veggie for me and sister in law), and I have the shampoo and wine...and Lindor chocs because they are the best, the balls.
  • Sponsored links:

• A big pricey watch.. Too big, leather strap, hate it :) best was latest Battlefront game and hoody

Wife hated pressies I gave her except the pefume she wanted..
  • seth plum said:

I first Christmas day in forever I don't have to do the driving. Mrs Plum is about to drive us to my brothers for the nosh (veggie for me and sister in law), and I have the shampoo and wine...and Lindor chocs because they are the best, the balls.

With you on the Lindor balls. I got my wife some and have my beady eye on them, waiting for her to open them.
  • Wish my wife had her eyes on mine
  • I now own a car... :-)

What colour(s) is it?

Gis a go
  • Random for me was a Christmas scratch card, which actually turned out to be a £500 winner.

I concur Lynx is a Christmas staple.
  • I got one present... Some hot sauces... And my gran died yesterday.

Still, the kids are having fun so actually its not a bad day.
  • We the oldies decided this year not to do presents, just get them for the kids.

A lot less hassle and just the joy of watching the little ones open theirs.