Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Went to the ticket office today.

13»

Comments

• edited December 2015
    We're only a third of total revenue though according to our respected CEO, so if they can just increase revenues in other areas by 50% they can shut down the ticket office, be done with it and ban all "customers" anyway.
  • edited December 2015
    PL54 said:

It is beyond me why we cannot have a ticket office open between 9-5 like everybody else.

How many days in a season are the people in the office unable to 'cope' with the demand of fans/customers/mugs(delete as applicable) paying them a visit during the week?

I think that's the point - nobody turns up randomly at 1148 on a Friday trying to buy tickets so why have a front of house ticket office open when the world at large buys stuff on line and over the phone.

I've never bought a CAFC ticket online by the way but I hear the system isn't intuitive for 'all'. I've never failed to buy what I want over the phone or on the day and the service has always been great.

Get your moans prioritised. Having to buy tickets over the phone is not a biggie and nor is having a sofa in the ground.

November 29 edited November 29
    PL54 said:
    This puppy has arrived and she's adorable.

How do you stop them howling and screeching in the night though ? Seriously all night yesterday and banshee like.

We won't be having her in our room for sure so she is downstairs in a pen with a very comfy cage, food and water.

During the day she has been very confident and (shit and piss aside) seems absolutely fine.

T.C.E ........
    Separation anxiety, she's just come away her siblings so she's scared. With Bailey we kipped downstairs for a couple of nights. Do it for too long and you'll make her worse, give her an old teeshirt (worn) to snuggle up to or a toy but be careful of children toys, put the radio on a talking channel for her.
    She has food and water in her crate?
    If thats the case you'll never house train her, 8 week old puppies are the same as babies all they do is eat and S***, water should be available at all times but if its in their sleeping quarters she'll use a particular area although that will be last thing she'll want to do, as soon as she wakes up or as soon as she has a drink whip her outside for a p*** likewise after feeding, three times a day at first..... Unfortunately you've chosen the worse time of year to house train her, because you should stay outside until she goes and lots of praise when she does.
    Flag Quote · 1Like
    LOL

What I should have said was
    "Get your moans prioritised, the wailing and screaming or the pissing and shitting"

but I helped because I could, as my old Mum used to say, If its not constructive stay quiet.
  • T.C.E said:

PL54 said:

It is beyond me why we cannot have a ticket office open between 9-5 like everybody else.

How many days in a season are the people in the office unable to 'cope' with the demand of fans/customers/mugs(delete as applicable) paying them a visit during the week?

I think that's the point - nobody turns up randomly at 1148 on a Friday trying to buy tickets so why have a front of house ticket office open when the world at large buys stuff on line and over the phone.

I've never bought a CAFC ticket online by the way but I hear the system isn't intuitive for 'all'. I've never failed to buy what I want over the phone or on the day and the service has always been great.

Get your moans prioritised. Having to buy tickets over the phone is not a biggie and nor is having a sofa in the ground.

November 29 edited November 29
    PL54 said:
    This puppy has arrived and she's adorable.

How do you stop them howling and screeching in the night though ? Seriously all night yesterday and banshee like.

We won't be having her in our room for sure so she is downstairs in a pen with a very comfy cage, food and water.

During the day she has been very confident and (shit and piss aside) seems absolutely fine.

T.C.E ........
    Separation anxiety, she's just come away her siblings so she's scared. With Bailey we kipped downstairs for a couple of nights. Do it for too long and you'll make her worse, give her an old teeshirt (worn) to snuggle up to or a toy but be careful of children toys, put the radio on a talking channel for her.
    She has food and water in her crate?
    If thats the case you'll never house train her, 8 week old puppies are the same as babies all they do is eat and S***, water should be available at all times but if its in their sleeping quarters she'll use a particular area although that will be last thing she'll want to do, as soon as she wakes up or as soon as she has a drink whip her outside for a p*** likewise after feeding, three times a day at first..... Unfortunately you've chosen the worse time of year to house train her, because you should stay outside until she goes and lots of praise when she does.
    Flag Quote · 1Like
    LOL

What I should have said was
    "Get your moans prioritised, the wailing and screaming or the pissing and shitting"

but I helped because I could, as my old Mum used to say, If its not best to constructive stay quiet.
    :smile:

So appropriate
  • We're only a third of total revenue though according to our respected CEO, so if they can just increase revenues in other areas by 50% they can shut down the ticket office, be done with it and ban all "customers" anyway.

It would be somewhat less, if they ran the club properly and got it into the premier league.
  • We're only a third of total revenue though according to our respected CEO, so if they can just increase revenues in other areas by 50% they can shut down the ticket office, be done with it and ban all "customers" anyway.

It would be somewhat less, if they ran the club properly and got it into the premier league.
    To increase most revenue streams you need supporters. Most supporters purchase tickets. Tickets are purchased at the ticket office. Oh wait a minute....
  • cafc999 said:

We're only a third of total revenue though according to our respected CEO, so if they can just increase revenues in other areas by 50% they can shut down the ticket office, be done with it and ban all "customers" anyway.

To increase most revenue streams you need supporters. Most supporters purchase tickets. Tickets are purchased at the ticket office. Oh wait a minute....
    I meant the money from TV would dwarf any increase from ticket sales.
  • cafc999 said:

I meant the money from TV would dwarf any increase from ticket sales.
    It was a dig at KM Guinness.