Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New first team regulars since RD took over

Since the January 2014 take over - and up to last weekend - the following have emerged as first team regulars under the new regime (by ''regulars'' I'm looking at 10+ league games in any one season), I've appended my own views:

2013-2014

Adjarevic - Good, but didn't relish playing in a second tier side fighting the drop
Ghoochannejhad - Good
Poyet - (Parkinson/Powell signing) - Good. Sold and now loaned out to similar sides as ourselves. Should have stayed at SE7.
Obika - (Powell signing, originally the previous season) - OK

2014-2015

Henderson - Good
Ben Haim - Good. Wish he'd stayed but maybe wanted to return to Israel for sentimental reasons (?)
Bikey - Good, at first, but major drop in form later
Gudmundsson - Good
Buyens - Good. Wish he'd stayed but RD quitting Standard Liege probably blocked that
Tucudean - CV OK But not up to this level
Vetokele - ? Jury out now?
Fox - OK
Moussa - ?
Gomez - Good. Sold and now crocked for the season.
Bulot - Good, as per Buyens.
Watt - Great (potentially) but unable to apply himself
Johnson - Good. Should have been retained
Eagles - OK. Should have been retained
Diarra - Good, and still worth his place at 34

2015-2016

Pope - Second choice 'keeper only
Bauer - Good
Kashi - Good
Ba - Seemed OK in August. Uncertain now
Ahearne-Grant - OK/Good ?
Makienok - Hard to tell. Good CV. But ultimately is he better/will score more goals than Church?
Bergdich - Like Ba, seemed OK in August. Not sure now
Sarr - I think he's OK actually but not a sufficient replacement, by himself, for Johnson + Bikey + Gomez

That's 27 players in 23 months. To be fair 14 (more than half) of these have been good and only 5-6 questionable (I'd say Tucudean, Moussa, Ba, Bergdich are the weakest of the ''regulars'' since the takeover).

What strikes me is that RD has placed a lot of fairly high quality players at Charlton - and most have been OK. The problem appears to be that the new recruits this year are not as good as last year. Is this mainly due to his dropping Standard Liege from his network? IE No more top flight loanees?

Comments

• What about Thurman?
  • What about Thurman?

Didn't play 10+ games for us
  • naby sarr and ba should be no where near a professional football team.
  • edited December 2015

Poyet, Fox, Gomz, KAG really have little to do with the owners / CEO and jury very much still out on Fox and KAG as well.

I thought the owner picked the team ?

• PL54 said:

Poyet, Fox, Gomz, KAG really have little to do with the owners / CEO and jury very much still out on Fox and KAG as well.

The jury must be inebriated

PL54 said:

• What about Thurman?

Didn't play 10+ games for us
    He was supposed to!
  • Ajdarevic... 6/10 : He had fitness issues and struggled to last a match, he's the type of player we're missing
    Ghoochannejhad... 7/10 : He had the famous issues by wanting to go elsewhere but he's improving now
    Obika... 3/10 : Second spell ... less said the better

Henderson... 7/10 : He was good last season despite injuries... This time round he hasn't been as strong for me
    Ben Haim... 7/10 : We're missing him
    Bikey... 5/10 : Would have marked him higher but you cant go missing like that in a season
    Gudmundsson... 7/10 : Great first season... Needs to up his game this year though
    Buyens... 7/10 : Wish he'd stayed, when he was out of the side last season it showed
    Tucudean... 4/10 : Too lightweight for the Championship, has gone and done a Reza
    Vetokele... 6/10 : Wasn't his fault he played most of last season injured, we're feeling it now
    Moussa... 3/10 : Very disappointed with him
    Bulot... 7/10 : Biggest loss this season, he'd have excelled with our attacking side this term
    Watt... 6/10 : Great start but went missing far too often, hence the low mark
    Johnson... 6/10 : Added the experience that we needed at the time, would be good alongside Bauer
    Eagles... 5/10 : Good start but quickly faded, not fussed that he didnt get a Contract
    Diarra... 7/10 : Excellent in Midfield but we need Defenders in so he can play where he should be

Bauer... 6/10 : Needs to work on his discipline his Red Cards are costing us
    Kashi... 6/10 : Would have got a (7) but his injury has pushed him down a mark
    Ba... 4/10 : He's very hot and cold at the moment, needs a bit of consistency
    Makienok... 5/10 : Started well but his injury has left him out of Form
    Bergdich... 2/10 : Extremely disappointed with him, not the player I thought we'd signed after his time in Serie A
    Sarr... 5/10 : There is a Footballer there, just needs to be more composed
  • Sponsored links:

• I think there's a difference here, people like to rate their players on the quality they see, the potential they see Hence what makes players like Reza great because he looks like he's ready to set the Championship alight, he hasn't yet.

YET. We shouldn't be waiting for this YET. We're also rating players that we got rid of before we did see the potential, or we already knew were good enough, which totally negates it all. TBH to name one of a few. Also we're signing bundles of players with injury problems or with extra baggage, what do we expect when they re-pick up an injury or their low fitness causes an injury. It really is no surprise.

We've essentially been going through a transition period for 2 years, simply because the owner and his recruitment team are inept.
  • Far too generous and what about all those who didn't play ten games or more? Most of them weakened the side whilst playing in the games they did feature in.
  • What about Thurman?

Charlton legend
  • What about Thurman?

Una?
  • What about Thurman?

Una?
    Or Uma maybe?
  • What about Thurman?

Una?
    Or Uma maybe?
    That's the one.