Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Players To Hit Form In 2016?

Ok before you phone for an ambulance hear me out..

12 months ago , no one would have thought Freddie Bulot would show the form that he did after Christmas and help smooth our passage out of the relegation mire.

12 months ago no one would have believed you if you'd have said Leicester would be top this Christmas, and Jamie Vardy would have broken the Premier League record for goals scored in consecutive games.

Surely there's got to be one or two Charlton players who are going to raise their game and step up to the plate for the 2nd half of the season?

So no messing about, who is it going to then ?

I'm going for Bauer and Gudmundson to step up, show their class, and get us out of this mess.

Comments

• edited December 2015
    It'll take more than two mate I'm afraid and it's a bit like pin the tail on the donkey.
  • Ademola Lookman will be sensational........but not for Charlton
  • edited December 2015
    A few players will hit form as soon as they start playing for someone else. I'm thinking Gudmunson, Lookman, Vaz Te, and Watt. the rest will carry on as long as they get paid. Solly, Jackson and Cousins will limp on for another season and a half before leaving to play for Portsmouth or similar. Hendo will probably end up subbing at f***ng Leeds.
  • let's hope it's all of them
  • "A few players will hit form." Hit form? Bloody hell, Lookman has only played a handful of games; does he look out of form? Vaz Te the same has looked promising - not his fault he and our other so called 'forwards' don't get any service from a poor midfield. Watt IS in form, ask the Cardiff fans! We could bring in Messi and we'd still get relegated. As for Igor, well you tell me.
  • Whichever players go out on loan
  • I'll have whatever you're drinking
  • Ok before you phone for an ambulance hear me out..

12 months ago , no one would have thought Freddie Bulot would show the form that he did after Christmas and help smooth our passage out of the relegation mire.

12 months ago no one would have believed you if you'd have said Leicester would be top this Christmas, and Jamie Vardy would have broken the Premier League record for goals scored in consecutive games.

Surely there's got to be one or two Charlton players who are going to raise their game and step up to the plate for the 2nd half of the season?

So no messing about, who is it going to then ?

I'm going for Bauer and Gudmundson to step up, show their class, and get us out of this mess.

Christ, you really are clutching at straws!
  • Sponsored links:

• Harriott usually turns it on for us at the back end of the season.
  • I take your point but I liked Bulot from the off.

In answer to the question, Jordan Cousins for me.
  • I expect that wrong un Tony Watt to have a good rest of the season just not for us.
  • I was expecting the first post on this thread to be by Colin. Bauer has already stepped up but so parlous is our defending and the central midfield's inability to offer any protection that he won't save the day. JBG could do a lot more but he looks to me like his heart's no longer in it. No doubt he is regretting having re-signed. Allow Diarra may step up in centre-mid but whose going to score the goals post Lookman? Vaz Te will nick a few if he stays fit but I'm struggling beyond that. Reza and Ahearne-Grant aren't good enough week in and week out in this division.
  • Tony Watt. I never wanted to leave this club and now all I want to do is help the boys out. Hmmm.
  • From knowing JBG quite well (knowing his brother and friends of his brother) I genuinely think he's long past caring for us as a Club to move forward with, he's now playing at most to get signed by another Club. He knows very well that well respected managers like Dick Advocaat and even Guus Hiddink rate him as a winger, so he'd have no problems signing for a fairly respectable team. He's currently being coached by a Belgian Sunday League coach and it's showing in his match, it's careless. He has big ambitions to play in the Premier League, right now he probably couldn't feel further away.
  • From knowing JBG quite well (knowing his brother and friends of his brother) I genuinely think he's long past caring for us as a Club to move forward with, he's now playing at most to get signed by another Club. He knows very well that well respected managers like Dick Advocaat and even Guus Hiddink rate him as a winger, so he'd have no problems signing for a fairly respectable team. He's currently being coached by a Belgian Sunday League coach and it's showing in his match, it's careless. He has big ambitions to play in the Premier League, right now he probably couldn't feel further away.

I wish you waited until the 25th to post this.
  • Keep him till the summer...

I've always known we'd lose Johann after the Euros so he can be our yearly sale whilst we can build a squad around Lookman for an extra year
  • I'm sorry and I don't wish to be rude, but is this serious thread ? We have an owner who thinks he is the God, and who has appointed an utterly useless CEO. We are heading into the lower leagues again. Roland's network is about as relevant as Kojak's hairnet.

Mind you JBG has done little all season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Under the clown in charge at the moment - nobody
  • edited December 2015
    Granpa said:

I'm sorry and I don't wish to be rude, but is this serious thread ? We have an owner who thinks he is the God, and who has appointed an utterly useless CEO. We are heading into the lower leagues again. Roland's network is about as relevant as Kojak's hairnet.

Gramps, I'm trying to look on the bright side (foolish me) and hope against hope that the players can get a kick up the arse from somewhere , show a bit of personal pride in performances & results instead of moping and feeling sorry for themselves turn things around, maybe I'm hoping for the impossible, but you never know.

It's not in me to boo players, but I will get really angry and vocal if they don't put in a shift at Bristol City, I'm not happy with mediocrity.