Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

At least we have a good programme

Charlton’s official matchday magazine has been named runner-up for Championship Programme of the Year in Programme Monthly Magazine’s 2015/16 season awards
Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-valley-review-programme-of-the-year-runner-up-2862978.aspx#VLcTiLrG4QmYbjYK.99

Comments

• The idea of reproducing programmes from previous matches, in the middle section, is genius.
  • Does anyone still buy the programme?

Yeah, despite the cock up with the sales outlets it is still seen as important for a lot of people.

Let's face it, if you went to a league ground, or even a non-league ground and they didn't have a programme you'd think "what a two-bob club"
  • Top work from Olly and co.

Nice one.

Yeah, despite the cock up with the sales outlets it is still seen as important for a lot of people.

Let's face it, if you went to a league ground, or even a non-league ground and they didn't have a programme you'd think "what a two-bob club"
    Your spot on Henry, but i still think we're a two bob club.

:smile:
  • I am pleased people like Olly have been recognised for there hard work, a fan working for the club and achieving something erm sounds good that.
  • Well done Louie and the team...... Hopefully you have some assistance these days, and the club appreciate the excellent work you do?
    In my opinion the programme looks much better in design, and has evolved into an excellent read.
  • Is Katrien still out and about on match days flogging the programme ?
  • They cited Valley Review’s history pages as the standout feature of the magazine, and summarised that it is: “A very good issue, with a real effort being made to ensure strong presentation.”

Must have been the history of Charlton in 23 objects series that swung it. That's a great idea : - )

Well done to Olly and the rest of the team especially as you've been short-handed for a long while.

Keep up the good work.

I love the history pages, indeed when buying other clubs' programmes, they're usually the highlight.

One thing we've always had, which annoys me when missing elsewhere is cumulative stats for players.
  • Sponsored links:

• They cited Valley Review’s history pages as the standout feature of the magazine, and summarised that it is: “A very good issue, with a real effort being made to ensure strong presentation.”

Must have been the history of Charlton in 23 objects series that swung it. That's a great idea : - )

Well done to Olly and the rest of the team especially as you've been short-handed for a long while.

Keep up the good work.

I love the history pages, indeed when buying other clubs' programmes, they're usually the highlight.

One thing we've always had, which annoys me when missing elsewhere is cumulative stats for players.
    Treat the cumulative stats with a huge pinch of salt. Often wrong. Or simply changed years later when the club feels like it.
  • It is a very good programme. Well done Olly and team. Sadly, it's the only thing we will finish runner up in.
  • It is a very good programme. Well done Olly and team. Sadly, it's the only thing we will finish runner up in.

We could finish runner up in relegation
  • The programme is fantastic, shame I can never find anyone selling the f***ing thing!!
  • Shame it will be scrapped next season in League 1 as an unjustifiable cost.
  • Good to see this, I like the current format.
  • LordDofB said:

Shame it will be scrapped next season in League 1 as an unjustifiable cost.

It could be available as a download.
  • Sorry folks.
    After more than 40 years of religiously buying the programme I stopped a couple of seasons ago.
    When I glance at somebody else's programme occasionally it still looks like overpriced, oversized, badly written, un-informative and deliberately misleading dross tarted up by some pretty pictures on glossy paper.
    I would learn more about Charlton Athletic by buying the fecking Metro which is free anyway.
    IMHO
  • Well done @Ollywozere and the team
  • Well done comms team.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Sorry folks.
    After more than 40 years of religiously buying the programme I stopped a couple of seasons ago.
    When I glance at somebody else's programme occasionally it still looks like overpriced, oversized, badly written, un-informative and deliberately misleading dross tarted up by some pretty pictures on glossy paper.
    I would learn more about Charlton Athletic by buying the fecking Metro which is free anyway.
    IMHO

Really?
  • I think the programme is a big improvement on recent seasons, but on a regular basis it has glaring errors in it.

For some reason when they show the pictures from away games we are listed first as if we are the home team.
  • I think the programme is a big improvement on recent seasons, but on a regular basis it has glaring errors in it.

For some reason when they show the pictures from away games we are listed first as if we are the home team.

That might not be a glaring error - perhaps they know they're doing it and aren't mistaken that we are the away team after all.
  • PL54 said:

I think the programme is a big improvement on recent seasons, but on a regular basis it has glaring errors in it.

That might not be a glaring error - perhaps they know they're doing it and aren't mistaken that we are the away team after all.
    Never seen it in any other clubs programmes.
  • 1StevieG said:

seth plum said:

Sorry folks.
    IMHO

Really?
    Really.

Like promoting season tickets as building a better tomorrow together, or season ticket early bird discounts that are then extended.

Really.

• seth plum said:

badly written, un-informative and deliberately misleading

Good description of 95% of your posts on here Seth.

• seth plum said:

1StevieG said:

seth plum said:

Sorry folks.
    IMHO

Really?
    Really.

Like promoting season tickets as building a better tomorrow together, or season ticket early bird discounts that are then extended.

Really.

I am pretty sure the folks who put it together aren't responsible for that sort of content. I thought you meant something along the lines of sending folks to Coventry next weekend......
  • seth plum said:

badly written, un-informative and deliberately misleading

Good description of 95% of your posts on here Seth.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, although why you should choose this moment to state it is interesting is it not?

Keep up the good work.

Could be your reason for your criticism of what I write on Charlton Life is cunningly concealed in this particular post.

No, I'd rather they got inside the ground and saw our empty stadium, latest unknown interim manager, the lazy, unfit, lacklustre squad, the sofa, and us to let in 3 soft goals before I want them to make that conclusion.