Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Burnley 4-0 Charlton

many thanks to 15 Lifers who gave marks, you might notice that I haven't given marks to Vaz Te and Sarr, this is because they were only played for 29 and 28 minutes respectively. We have always used the rule that a player had to play for at least 30 minutes to receive a mark, unfortunately AFKA in his enthusiasm for our magnificent performance included the players, I shall be giving him extra training to ensure that such errors do not reoccur :)

Comments

• Bergdich is lucky to get 2.92 so bad was his performance, I think Mak's a tad unlucky to be awarded less than a six but theme the marks.

One of the few benefits of being part of a tiny away crowd is your mark golds more sway although as a percentage (15/230 = 6.5%) of the people actually there this must be one of the most representative ?

Top work as always LL.
  • Why was JBG playing in an international instead of for us, I thought he was injured:-)
  • ross1 said:

Why was JBG playing in an international instead of for us, I thought he was injured:-)

that's Apple spellcheck for you and my wish to get the job done quickly, or maybe wishful thinking, thanks Ross for pointing it out I'll amend the original.
  • good example of how stats can give a very misleading view of the real game. Possession, on target shots, corners, fouls .. all pretty much equal .. However, the reality is that we were hammered where it really counts: goals (of course), technique, passing, organisation, team work .. we never gave up, but at this level, that is simply not enough
  • also interesting is that Bergdich had 100% passing success with 18 passes, not what I thought having watched him!
  • also interesting is that Bergdich had 100% passing success with 18 passes, not what I thought having watched him!

I've kept this to myself .. until NOW (exclusive lol).. he's nowhere near so bad as many on here portray .. he gave it a right good go on Saturday, lost the ball a few times but what CAFC player didn't ? .. the snarls he got from many of the away faithful were bad enough .. IF it'd been the valley the abuse would have been deafening .. scape and goat are words that spring to mind

I've kept this to myself .. until NOW (exclusive lol).. he's nowhere near so bad as many on here portray .. he gave it a right good go on Saturday, lost the ball a few times but what CAFC player didn't ? .. the snarls he got from many of the away faithful were bad enough .. IF it'd been the valley the abuse would have been deafening .. scape and goat are words that spring to mind
    Shit and footballer are two others... :-)
  • Jeez. What does it say for the team when we lose 4-0 and the keeper is man-of-the-match...!
  • cafc-west said:

Jeez. What does it say for the team when we lose 4-0 and the keeper is man-of-the-match...!

There was sweet FA going on in front of him..............after the 44th minute. :open_mouth:

What on earth ? The bloke is absolutely terrible, isn't he on the transfer listed ? Imagine how bad you have to be to get transfer listed on this squad !
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

also interesting is that Bergdich had 100% passing success with 18 passes, not what I thought having watched him!

What on earth ? The bloke is absolutely terrible, isn't he on the transfer listed ? Imagine how bad you have to be to get transfer listed on this squad !
    it could be that he's on the list because he can't stand the ridiculous abuse he gets .. you were at Burnley on Saturday, if you can honestly say to me that during his brief appearance he was any worse than any other player, my retort would be .. get your eyes checked, or your prejudices

lol .. perhaps another case of expecting the worst and adjusting eyesight to fulfil that expectation ?
  • you are possibly right Lincs, he did put himself about a bit and maybe should have been booked for a tackle early on
  • you are possibly right Lincs, he did put himself about a bit and maybe should have been booked for a tackle early on

at last, someone with a good word about Bergie ... you are dead right, he did have a good go .. I wrote elsewhere about no bookings/lack of passion from our players on Saturday .. Bergdich did bring a bit of oomph .. but alas, few CAFC fans would ever admit to it
  • se9addick said:

also interesting is that Bergdich had 100% passing success with 18 passes, not what I thought having watched him!

it could be that he's on the list because he can't stand the ridiculous abuse he gets .. you were at Burnley on Saturday, if you can honestly say to me that during his brief appearance he was any worse than any other player, my retort would be .. get your eyes checked, or your prejudices
    I honestly thought he was terrible on Saturday, even worse than Fox. No need to get your eyes tested its all opinions and it would be boring if we all thought the same.

But I'm right !
  • edited December 2015
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

I honestly thought he was terrible on Saturday, even worse than Fox. No need to get your eyes tested its all opinions and it would be boring if we all thought the same.

But I'm right !
    lol .. oh no you're not .. look out behind you .. I didn't think Fox was outstandingly bad .. the whole team was just (I will type again) overpowered and outplayed by a side, the majority of whom were playing in the Premier League last year ..

last word on Bergdich AND, I am NOT having a go at the other named player here, Bergdich did more during his time on the field than did (say) Ahearne-Grant, but the latter young man, rather like Cousins, is akin to a sacred cow on here, because ..all together now.. he's one of our own .. on Saturday, no-one was very, bad, terrible or useless, they were mostly just poor and second best .. I rest my case
  • Ahearne-Grant and Cousins have both been dog poo in their last few games.

Sadly I think Ahearne Grant will fade away, Lookman has pounced on his opportunity whereas KAG seems to be scared to.
  • KAG badly needs to go out on loan to a lower league club and play regularly instead of being a sub' at Charlton.
    He needs to hone his undoubted skills with 1st team games, good coaching and encouragement.
    He won't get what's required all the time we are light in striking options. Lookman top League scorer after 5 games says it all.