Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watford v Liverpool (goalie needed)

For those that moan about Pope they should watch this game, Mignolet out, Bogdan in. He is so bad, gifted the first goal, and you can see how nervous the Liverpool defence are. Looks like they will be buying a goalie in January

Comments

• Called it in real time that it was a foul, haven't seen a slo-mo replay that's changed my mind.

Don't get me wrong it was a shocking mistake but still a foul. He had the ball in two hands and Ake poked a toe between his hands and flicked the ball out.
  • Called it in real time that it was a foul, haven't seen a slo-mo replay that's changed my mind.

Don't get me wrong it was a shocking mistake but still a foul. He had the ball in two hands and Ake poked a toe between his hands and flicked the ball out.

But he dropped it in the first place, if Pope did that, he would be slated
  • ross1 said:

Called it in real time that it was a foul, haven't seen a slo-mo replay that's changed my mind.

But he dropped it in the first place, if Pope did that, he would be slated
    Yeah, I know I agree with you mate.

I did say it was still a shocking mistake.
  • He probably is being slated by their own fans. Why would you slate him when plays for another team?
  • Don't give a crap.
  • edited December 2015
    Watford 1 point off the champions league places and Leicester 5 points clear at the top - good to see.

Watford were bit of a 'network experiment' that worked and have changed managers a few times over a short period with success. Take note Roly.

• It seemed to me, the difference between the teams was team work. All the Watford players worked for each other, closing Liverpool players down as soon as they got the ball, Liverpool looked like they expected to win, and did not think you have to earn it. Our only hope is to do the same, but unfortunately, our players do not seem fit enough to chase and win the ball for 90+ minutes. I only started this thread to show what a team like Watford can do, so can others
  • edited December 2015

Watford 1 point off the champions league places and Leicester 5 points clear at the top - good to see.

Watford were bit of a 'network experiment' that worked and have changed managers a few times over a short period with success. Take note Roly.

With the exception of being part of a network an treating managers like clean underwear, Watford and Charlton have done almost everything else differently. One keep their talismanic striker, the other sold theirs. One has focussed on bringing in top talent from Europe, including other clubs in the network that play in the top divisions of the top European footballing nations, the other has focussed on cast offs from a second rate league and promoting promising youngsters too early.

Watford have focussed on getting the football right, Charlton have worked on everythin accept the football.
  • A year ago Watford stuffed us. Now they are seventh in the PL...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30757223
  • edited December 2015

A year ago Watford stuffed us. Now they are seventh in the PL...

Now that was embarrassing 0-5 and KM got grief on the train home. GL was in attendance but not actually in charge because of delays with his work permit IIRC.
  • Sponsored links:

• One has focussed on bringing in top talent from Europe, including other clubs in the network that play in the top divisions of the top European footballing nations, the other has focussed on cast offs from a second rate league and promoting promising youngsters too early.

That is why people like Holloway complained so much - because we were bringing in good quality players making us very good (for that season anyway)

We've just been very consistent at the back and clearly got 2 strikers in great form with the team in general being pretty much the same each week.

Actually quite a few from last season still get in the side so the fear of our team being flooding with new players hasn't come to fruition.

• Liverpool???? So desperate to recapture former glory, as are it seems the media & TV pundits! Mr klopp arrives and results (with the odd exception) are no better but every exception is heralded as the big turnaround and LFC gets touted as top4/champions material. I just don't get it
  • RedChaser said:

A year ago Watford stuffed us. Now they are seventh in the PL...

Now that was embarrassing 0-5 and KM got grief on the train home. GL was in attendance but not actually in charge because of delays with his work permit IIRC.
    That game was a complete shambles, one of the worst defeats I've ever seen. That the goalscorers included Ighalo and Deeney (plus Cathcart) shows how good Championship teams can continue into the PL.
  • Ah, there's nothing like discussing the stellar rise of a comparable sized club when yours is dissapearing down the shitter faster than last nights dodgy meal of Moules-frites laced with 6 bottles of Arend Blond!