Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What we need

Similar post already but I'll also start this one. Karel is a good bloke but seems out of his depth in the Championship. What we need is a manager with not just Championship experience but also a calming in the dressing room who can put his arm round the players at the right time. Somebody that would have fitted that mould well would have been Brian McDermott but he has just gone back to Reading. Of course we could do with more players with Championship experience too to suppliment some of the players we have. But certainly an experienced Championship manager with that calming influence.

Comments

• Nothing will change until RD realises his experiment has failed. When he accepts this and abandons it or goes things can change.
    By definition KM goes ( absolutely hopeless on all levels, but alienating fans worst crime)
    Grovel to Curbs to be Director of football. Then let him appoint a manager.
  • Nothing will change until RD realises his experiment has failed. When he accepts this and abandons it or goes things can change.
    By definition KM goes ( absolutely hopeless on all levels, but alienating fans worst crime)
    Grovel to Curbs to be Director of football. Then let him appoint a manager.

I know tell me about it. This is an ideal world but it won't happen.
  • We need a director of football and a new manager with knowledge and experience of the Championship.
  • We need a director of football and a new manager with knowledge and experience of the Championship.

More chance of Roly selling up and leaving than him handing over power to someone else.
  • What we need is another 6 or 7 championship quality players. Our bench yesterday was testament to just our weak our squad really is.
  • I agree with Andy 217 that the manager/head coach is not the main problem. The fact that we have had so many recently proves the problem is at the very top. How can a man who never watches us play live ever possibly understand what is needed? I know our results should give him a clue, but he clearly fails to notice or indeed refuses to which is even worse. Appointing a CEO who understands the club, its fans and if possible football life in the Championship is a necessity, instead he prefers his mouthpiece, who despite her intelligence in other fields, is perfectly happy to spout whatever rubbish he tells her to.

How the hell we make this clear to him, and tell him his master plan isn't working, I have no idea. If he does not wish to come over here to find out, then he should do the decent thing and sell the club to someone who does wish to make the effort to learn about it and invest the money needed to attract the right calibre of players (and enough of them for a squad, not just a team), plus a manager and coaches who are up to the job.

As it is, I really am starting to believe he is running the club into the ground, in order to sell the land to be used for another purpose other than football, as it seems he is clearly not bothered that long term fans are leaving in droves, and with our form are unlikely to attract any new/younger ones.

Roland please listen and act, or go!
  • The potholes filling in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Welcome Andy 217 to CL and stop putting such intelligent comments on here, we need one's to disagree with
  • edited December 2015
    I'd settle for a bit of honesty right now.

Even if it's not what we want to hear. Much rather that than silence or bullshit.

I'm not really sure the 'interim' tag helps carol or the players.

The whole thing from top to bottom is a complete and utter shambles.

More chance of Roly selling up and leaving than him handing over power to someone else.

In my wildest dreams........
  • edited December 2015
    A new, competent owner.
    A new, competent CEO.
    A new, competent manager.
    A better first team.
    More strength in depth.
    To get rid of the sofa.
  • I'd settle for a bit of honesty right now.

Even if it's not what we want to hear. Much rather that than silence or bullshit.

I'm not really sure the 'interim' tag helps carol or the players.

The whole thing from top to bottom is a complete and utter shambles.

Trouble is I just can't believe a word KM/RD says.

It's like when someone has cheated on you and says they wont do it again and maybe, just maybe, you give them a second chance. When they do it again and promise that they wont do it again you just know they're always going to no matter how much you want to believe what they say is true.

To carry on with this analogy, some people would leave the frst time their partner cheated, no matter what they said. Others might give a second chance but be out the door the next time. Then there are some who keep coming back for more, time and time again, in the vain hope that something really has changed - that this time will be different. IMHO these poor, deluded people are like the Trust.
  • I'd love to have Mic McCarthy at Charlton.
  • Let's face it, the Belgian is first and foremost a businessman. He has no real interest or affection for CAFC and certainly couldn't give a toss about you me and the rest of the club's fans. When he first took over it was quoted that Charlton were to be 'part of the family' well if that's the case with him as a 'parent' it's a wonder a social worker hasn't ordered the club into care! Hopeless situation with no sign of anything changing as we lurch from one defeat to another on our inevitable journey into Div 1.
  • cafc999 said:

What we need is another 6 or 7 championship quality players. Our bench yesterday was testament to just our weak our squad really is.

Absolutely spot on. Half a dozen real championship player added to the squad and they would carry the current interim cardboard cut-out leaving him free to write his post match drivel.
    I'd settle for 2 decent CB's, maybe then we would stop leaking 3 or more goals each week.
  • edited December 2015
    if Roland wanted to make a go of this as mentioned we need a few experienced players 6/7 we dont have a bad sqaud entirely there are a few that i think with additions wouldnt be a bad side.

henderson, diarra, solly, jacko ( impact sub ), lookman, cousins,

then there are a few who quite clearly are nicking a living

sarr and ba to name a couple.

get some experience in weed out the shit that cant/dont want to play and i think we could genuinely finish mid table, but will this happen probably not we will get billy no name from a network club and probably be in a relegation scrap till end of the season where the inevitable will happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• We need a group of wealthy Charlton fans to form a consortium and buy Douchebag out of our club. Cant stand the stripey nigels but you have to say since Parish and pals took over,theyve gone from strength to strength. They make decisions not just as businessmen but also as fans and have managed to keep everyone happy!
  • if Roland wanted to make a go of this as mentioned we need a few experienced players 6/7 we dont have a bad sqaud entirely there are a few that i think with additions wouldnt be a bad side.

get some experience in weed out the shit that cant/dont want to play and i think we could genuinely finish mid table, but will this happen probably not we will get billy no name from a network club and probably be in a relegation scrap till end of the season where the inevitable will happen.

We need a few players AND a new manager in my opinion. Fraeye is not cut out for this. A good manager would have us more organised and would be getting more out of the players. Fraeye is a big part of our problem, as was Luzon, as was Peeters. You can't keep throwing third rate managers at something like this. I'm not confident that a few new players will stop the rot.
  • if Roland wanted to make a go of this as mentioned we need a few experienced players 6/7 we dont have a bad sqaud entirely there are a few that i think with additions wouldnt be a bad side.

We need a few players AND a new manager in my opinion. Fraeye is not cut out for this. A good manager would have us more organised and would be getting more out of the players. Fraeye is a big part of our problem, as was Luzon, as was Peeters. You can't keep throwing third rate managers at something like this. I'm not confident that a few new players will stop the rot.
    priority would be to get the players in as this can only be done in the transfer window the manager of course should be looked at this guy is quite obviously not very good, not a personal attack on him just hes so far out of his depth.
  • We obviously need the players, but without someone to manage them effectively, it's pointless. This regime like to sack managers in January (Powell/Peeters), so there is still hope that Fraeye could be gone just after Christmas.
  • A new, competent owner.
    A new, competent CEO.
    A new, competent manager.
    A better first team.
    More strength in depth.
    To get rid of the sofa.

In order of importance (to save us from the drop):

1. To get rid of the sofa.
    2. A new, competent manager.
    3. A better first team.
    4. More strength in depth.
    5. A new, competent CEO.