Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What do we do now?

Not going to lose my temper as much as the other night, as many pointed out that achieves nothing, we need to stick together and not let the owners get the better of us.
I've made the decision that I won't be bothering to replace the season ticket that I've managed to lose, and won't be until something changes in the running of the club.
I'm not going to mention any suggestions of protests because different people have different opinions/ extremeness of their opinion. I'm just interested to hear what other fans would like to see happen. As for today, I can accept a defeat at the hands of a very good team like Burnley, what I can't accept is a 4-0 humiliation in which the likes of Bergdich and Sarr are subbed on, obviously Bauer was injured so we didn't have much of a choice in regard to Sarr (other than, you know, signing a capable CB) but bringing on Bergdich is an insult, I can let see it being anything other than an attempt by Roland to get him in the shop window as even the most clueless football fan would see how inept he is.

If Fraeye even has a shred of dignitary he'd resign tonight, I'm sure he's a very nice person and could eventually turn in to a decent coach, but at this point he's tarnishing his reputation and quite simply embarrassing himself.

Comments

• We start looking forward to the players that we get in in January that will have a combined age that will be 10 times more than the combined age of our bench today.
  • What can you do? Owner doesn't seem bothered if we lose and we have an incompetent/arrogant CEO and manager.

Any normal club wouldn't let this happen but sadly for us we exist in a parallel universe.
  • tom- k said:

for the first time in my life and 30 years as a fan I've stopped caring. I have a season ticket and no longer go, I check the scores, sigh and continue what I was doing. This owner clearly doesn't give a shit about the club, he's earning profit selling all of our talent. It has that ex girlfriend feeling, when you both move on but the emotion has gone

I've got a season ticket, I've not been since September 19th Huddersfield. Just got so many better things to be doing.
  • Increase the match day protests
    Get the national press involved somehow to increase awareness of what's going on and how fucked off we are.
    Anyone who's stopped going, write to KM and tell her why. She may/may not read it and she probably doesn't care anyway but it's a start
    Start a website similar to the sackpardew.com one that Newcastle fans created. if enough people sign up to that, then it'll be clear to KM it's not just '2%'
  • I still care, I still check the results and check news daily but I have all but stopped going. It's too depressing to watch such a car crash and to pay (in money and time) to witness it. I have a horrible feeling we are banging our heads against a very big brick wall. We have CEO who is so dreadful and arrogant she simply couldn't care less about anyone's views other than her own, and an owner who quite possibly hasn't a clue what's happening and how bad things are (anyone got any evidence to the contrary?).

As to what we do? I really don't know. It was clear in the dark days of Selhurst and Upton Park what was needed and we all pulled together. But we are up against a faceless and uncaring opponents this time.
  • I really don't get the connection between the club being run into the ground, being in the most desperate state in living memory and not caring.
    Surely if you love Charlton Athletic, you feel the pain of every shambolic performance and every defeat, caused in large part by the Board's gross mismanagement and ulterior motivation.
    If we don't care, the arseholes running our club have won their most important battle and will find their decisions questioned less and less.
  • This is my idea. It will always be the active 2% that protest so they win. We need to use something wider and more powerful and turn it viral in the football world
    the power of Facebook. We set up a site explaining what these asset strippers are doing and promote this to the wider football world. Our friends and friends of friends. Real football fans will Like our plight. Send it global and really shame them and their wider business. I think we could 200k people to support us. Real football fans like we would support Brighton or Blackpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• I too have had a season ticket for more years than I can remember ... but once relegation is confirmed that's it for me. Let's face it, this isn't CAFC anymore, it's barely a football club. The players have obviously given up so why shouldn't I? Might just as well be called Greenwich Strollers, any resemblance to my club and what's going on now is purely coincidental. It's just possible if some clever Lifer can set up a website that we can all access and generate publicity to the wider football community it night help, but I just feel that this is a battle we can't win. Two-chalets and his buddy simply have no real love for our club, it's traditions and history. Throughout the years there have been many dark hours for OUR club but this is without doubt the worst, with no hope in sight. Sadly, it's all about money and unless some multi million pound sheikh fly's in on a magic carpet, we are f****d!
  • addick05 said:

I too have had a season ticket for more years than I can remember ... but once relegation is confirmed that's it for me. Let's face it, this isn't CAFC anymore, it's barely a football club. The players have obviously given up so why shouldn't I? Might just as well be called Greenwich Strollers, any resemblance to my club and what's going on now is purely coincidental. It's just possible if some clever Lifer can set up a website that we can all access and generate publicity to the wider football community it night help, but I just feel that this is a battle we can't win. Two-chalets and his buddy simply have no real love for our club, it's traditions and history. Throughout the years there have been many dark hours for OUR club but this is without doubt the worst, with no hope in sight. Sadly, it's all about money and unless some multi million pound sheikh fly's in on a magic carpet, we are f****d!

We are f****d if we all give up. Our supporters have fought and won before. It was the media campaign that was our strength. Elections and posters. The modern world is social media. Either that or get Anonymous to take Roland down.
  • but these Belgians are strong Luke.

their powers of fabrication, arrogance, ignorance and blind stupidity are too much for us mere mortals.
  • Macronate said:

but these Belgians are strong Luke.

their powers of fabrication, arrogance, ignorance and blind stupidity are too much for us mere mortals.

Deluded they are.

• What can you do? Owner doesn't seem bothered if we lose and we have an incompetent/arrogant CEO and manager.

Any normal club wouldn't let this happen but sadly for us we exist in a parallel universe.

Very well put sir
  • edited December 2015
    kafka said:

addick05 said:

I too have had a season ticket for more years than I can remember ... but once relegation is confirmed that's it for me. Let's face it, this isn't CAFC anymore, it's barely a football club. The players have obviously given up so why shouldn't I? Might just as well be called Greenwich Strollers, any resemblance to my club and what's going on now is purely coincidental. It's just possible if some clever Lifer can set up a website that we can all access and generate publicity to the wider football community it night help, but I just feel that this is a battle we can't win. Two-chalets and his buddy simply have no real love for our club, it's traditions and history. Throughout the years there have been many dark hours for OUR club but this is without doubt the worst, with no hope in sight. Sadly, it's all about money and unless some multi million pound sheikh fly's in on a magic carpet, we are f****d!

We are f****d if we all give up. Our supporters have fought and won before. It was the media campaign that was our strength. Elections and posters. The modern world is social media. Either that or get Anonymous to take Roland down.
    Anonymous is a good idea but I think they are busy with ISIS at the moment.
  • We will all have different approaches, so we have to get behind a leader and follow their direction. We want our Charlton back.
  • Face bothered !

Lost the will to care !
  • Roland is quite a bit older than me, so I'm just going to wait.
  • Drove home listening to Talksport and Colleymore once again mentioned Charlton. Before I stopped for food he was calling out for Charlton fans to ring in and tell the nation what's going wrong at The Valley. Not sure if kanyone did but our plight is slowly grabbing people's attention outside of the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• jamescafc said:

Drove home listening to Talksport and Colleymore once again mentioned Charlton. Before I stopped for food he was calling out for Charlton fans to ring in and tell the nation what's going wrong at The Valley. Not sure if kanyone did but our plight is slowly grabbing people's attention outside of the club.

From comments that I've read on here, nobody did call in. I guess if that's the sort of response Collymore gets on the subject, he probably wont bother again.