Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I'm watching Cardiff v Birmingham and we are better than both

It's in TV and despite having several offers to go out I'm in looking after the boy.

This game is woeful and despite looking like something I have to hose off my dog walking boots ourselves and despite losing, other then the Ipswich game that I didn't go to, we are well ahead of either of this pair of clubs in terms of talent.

A shockingly bad game

Comments

• well we beat Brum and were a bit unlucky not to get something at Cardiff .. the team is probably better away .. away from the booing and bullshit at the Valley

That's the reason we are terrible it's because we boo......

• how many people were booooing when we were 2-0 and 2-1 up against bolton .....
    and when it was 2-2 the booooooing started and we didn't let in any more goals

So what you're saying is, boo more and we won't concede?! ;)
  • The table doesn't lie ...
  • Yeah I realised about the table after posting. A terrible game though. I should have said that despite our results, our players are better than this dross
  • Yeah but their results are better than ours. Dream on, mate.
  • I sleep perchance to dream. Rowett at least is a proper man.
  • well we beat Brum and were a bit unlucky not to get something at Cardiff .. the team is probably better away .. away from the booing and bullshit at the Valley

The alternative view is that booing helps.
    Where do you stand?
  • Sponsored links:

The alternative view is that booing helps.
    Where do you stand?
    Stand? stand? siddarn!
  • If you want to stay up, you have to win your home games. After seeing the crowd on Tuesday, I honestly can't see us winning many more home games. There was far more atmosphere when Riga came in and far more spirit and determinination, now it's just flat and depressed. Charlton fans may well be sending out a message to KM and RD, but in the process of doing so, they may very well be consigning us to relegation, that's the very sad truth.
  • how many people were booooing when we were 2-0 and 2-1 up against bolton .....
    and when it was 2-2 the booooooing started and we didn't let in any more goals

Didnt score anymore either... Same against Sheffield Wednesday, there wasnt a single boo and it was the best performance of the season
  • If you want to stay up, you have to win your home games. After seeing the crowd on Tuesday, I honestly can't see us winning many more home games. There was far more atmosphere when Riga came in and far more spirit and determinination, now it's just flat and depressed. Charlton fans may well be sending out a message to KM and RD, but in the process of doing so, they may very well be consigning us to relegation, that's the very sad truth.

Cart before horse. It is not the Charlton supporters in charge of an inadequate and shite scouting system that sources a whole bunch of signings that have mostly failed for one reason or another, a thin squad, stupid gimmicks, mismanagement of away travel, season tickets, ticketing systems, disability access, catering, not having a competitive team with gaps with many positions, inadequate positions and a general level of incompetent amateur hour management.

You need to reconsider who has responsibility and the most influence on the current state of events. The Charlton crowd does support the team, and have pretty tolerant of some abysmal goings on.
  • From Luzon through to the Q and A, and then to recent comments by Fraeye, the blame for results seems to be placed firmly on the performances of the players. Whilst partially true this helps Katrien justify the player recruitment policy. They are ignoring all of the other factors, small squad, inexperienced, poor preseason preparation, players playing with knocks, needing to rest players etc.
  • johnny73 said:

From Luzon through to the Q and A, and then to recent comments by Fraeye, the blame for results seems to be placed firmly on the performances of the players. Whilst partially true this helps Katrien justify the player recruitment policy. They are ignoring all of the other factors, small squad, inexperienced, poor preseason preparation, players playing with knocks, needing to rest players etc.

In short, Fred Karno 's :wink:
  • edited December 2015
  • I watched it as well - and noticed that Watt was awarded MoM.....
  • vff said:

If you want to stay up, you have to win your home games. After seeing the crowd on Tuesday, I honestly can't see us winning many more home games. There was far more atmosphere when Riga came in and far more spirit and determinination, now it's just flat and depressed. Charlton fans may well be sending out a message to KM and RD, but in the process of doing so, they may very well be consigning us to relegation, that's the very sad truth.

Cart before horse. It is not the Charlton supporters in charge of an inadequate and shite scouting system that sources a whole bunch of signings that have mostly failed for one reason or another, a thin squad, stupid gimmicks, mismanagement of away travel, season tickets, ticketing systems, disability access, catering, not having a competitive team with gaps with many positions, inadequate positions and a general level of incompetent amateur hour management.

You need to reconsider who has responsibility and the most influence on the current state of events. The Charlton crowd does support the team, and have pretty tolerant of some abysmal goings on.
    Yes I know all that. But we have to strike the right balance between getting the message across whilst not harming our chances of staying up. That was the worst support I have seen in many years, going right back to the 70's. We didn't lift the players, in fact in the case of Big Mac, we were on his back from the moment he entered the field. It had all the atmosphere of a reserve game. That is not going to inspire the players, in fact it will drive most of them to look for new clubs. Our argument should be with the owners, not with the club and the team that we all love. We are cutting of our noses to spite our face.

• vffvff
    edited December 2015
    I always support the team, but it difficult having your enthusiasm and optimism crushed nearly every time you see such an overall dysfunctional outfit play. After all a while, you protect yourself by not being bothered one way or the other.

Your title is 'Queensland Addick' can I ask if you are in Australia ? Not attempting to dig you out, but you may understand how difficult it is to manufacture pretend enthusiasm when what you are watching is so all over the place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Arrived from Oz at 3pm on Tues, went straight to the Valley after 48 hours of travelling. Was shocked and disappointed at the support. Can fully understand people's frustration. I came back last Christmas as well, saw Peeters sacked, got thrashed at Watford, didn't see a single win in six games.
  • Arrived from Oz at 3pm on Tues, went straight to the Valley after 48 hours of travelling. Was shocked and disappointed at the support. Can fully understand people's frustration. I came back last Christmas as well, saw Peeters sacked, got thrashed at Watford, didn't see a single win in six games.

what CAN we say ? ..

please avoid games in future, cheers ;)

That Watford game is probably the worst feeling I've ever had leaving a football ground!

Back to the original point, it is possible for a team to play better football than other teams, but still do worse. Your attackers can have nice interplay and movement (I'm not saying we're Barcelona I hasten to add) but if you can't defend well enough or run out of steam after 70 minutes, you'll struggle.

Do not mean to be rude, but if you have not gone back yet, can you hurry up and do so
  • As the pundits love to say, over the season the table doesn't lie. And suspect that while both sides may have had an off night (didn't watch it) they have had far more good days this season than us.