Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton And Spurs

Tottenham Hotspurs require a football ground until their new ground is built. Would it be in our regime's interest to consider the financial benefits to share for a few years bringing in much needed revenue to the club and surroundings. In that wonder simple use of a word often quoted by a great lifer that knew how to start a thread. Nolly would have said; DISCUSS.......

Comments

• 27k max is no good for Spurs, they have waiting lists for s/t holders
  • The Boleyn?
  • Leuth said:

The Boleyn?

Will be a building site by the time spurs need it (2017/18 season i think)
  • 27k max is no good for Spurs, they have waiting lists for s/t holders

They're apparently considering MK Dons which is just 3,000 more, but over 50 miles from WHL, as opposed to 12 miles to The Valley. I get they're taking into account the fact that they have fans who will leave further north & closer to MK, but wouldn't have thought it would be inconceivable that Charlton would be a consideration.
  • Mk dons has been mentioned but quite a trek.
  • TelMc32 said:

27k max is no good for Spurs, they have waiting lists for s/t holders

They're apparently considering MK Dons which is just 3,000 more, but over 50 miles from WHL, as opposed to 12 miles to The Valley. I get they're taking into account the fact that they have fans who will leave further north & closer to MK, but wouldn't have thought it would be inconceivable that Charlton would be a consideration.
    Didn't realise stadium MK has such a pony max

• With a lot of their fans out Hertfordshire way, and their training ground our there, they might find it easier to go to MKD rather than fighting their way through the Blackwall Tunnel!
  • Don't think they would be too keen sitting on red seats for a start......
  • Can't see why they wouldn't think about The Valley .
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    If I was a Spurs fan I'd probably favour Vicarage Road tbh

EDIT: No, it's tiny. Otherwise great
  • lot of possibilities here .. perhaps Arsenal will let them share the Emirates (JOKE) .. Chelsea and Spurs are supposedly having a battle over renting Wembley for the duration of new stadia building .. I wonder if, given Chelsea's implosion and potential uncertainties, the Stamford Bridge development will go ahead. Answer .. probably yes

MK Dons stadium capacity, as stated above, is around 30,000, White Hart Lane's capacity is about 37,000. Joe Lewis might stand the income loss for a couple of years hoping that on the assumption that Spurs maintain the recent improvement and potential; he'll get his dough back fairly quickly from the punters filling the mooted new 61,000 stadium. Lewis must be praying that Pochettino stays for a while.
    I don't think that the Valley is a potential home, the New Den might be a consideration though ((:>)
  • The Olympic Stadium.
  • lot of possibilities here .. perhaps Arsenal will let them share the Emirates (JOKE) .. Chelsea and Spurs are supposedly having a battle over renting Wembley for the duration of new stadia building .. I wonder if, given Chelsea's implosion and potential uncertainties, the Stamford Bridge development will go ahead. Answer .. probably yes

MK Dons stadium capacity, as stated above, is around 30,000, White Hart Lane's capacity is about 37,000. Joe Lewis might stand the income loss for a couple of years hoping that on the assumption that Spurs maintain the recent improvement and potential; he'll get his dough back fairly quickly from the punters filling the mooted new 61,000 stadium. Lewis must be praying that Pochettino stays for a while.
    I don't think that the Valley is a potential home, the New Den might be a consideration though ((:>)

The Spurs development is far more advanced that Chelsea's. Spurs might even be able to use Wembley before Chelsea need to use it?
  • Surely a club the size of Tottenham should be playing their home games at Wembley.
  • Wembley surely ?
  • Wembley i reckon. Chelski got turned down for Twickers didn't they? They must be at least a couple of years behind the Spuds timeline wise...
  • Would think Wembley.
    Unless the people in charge at the Olympic stadium suggest to West Ham London Olymic Ions that allowing the spuds to use it would somehow cool the campaign for clarity on the deal for a couple of years.
  • Wembley i reckon. Chelski got turned down for Twickers didn't they? They must be at least a couple of years behind the Spuds timeline wise...

Oh yeh and do Chelski need a big stadium as they are potential relegation candidates.

(Typing with smile on face)
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon Brentford will be big enough for Chelski in the Championship.
  • When the fixtures come out, i may get my dates wrong...............on purpose.
  • Peculiar, isn't it, that the Olympic Stadium isn't the hands down option returning a few more million to the public purse. Especially when you have Sullivan sounding off that they are "only there for 25 days, so there are 340 days more when it can be rented out" And when everyone knows that even if Spurs are charged double what West Ham pay, that is less than half of what Wembley are asking, (£11m plus overheads)

Peculiar, isn't it? What on earth could be stopping them from pursuing this nailed on best choice?

Do tell. I'm too tired to try and work it out.
  • Peculiar, isn't it, that the Olympic Stadium isn't the hands down option returning a few more million to the public purse. Especially when you have Sullivan sounding off that they are "only there for 25 days, so there are 340 days more when it can be rented out" And when everyone knows that even if Spurs are charged double what West Ham pay, that is less than half of what Wembley are asking, (£11m plus overheads)

Peculiar, isn't it? What on earth could be stopping them from pursuing this nailed on best choice?

Do tell. I'm too tired to try and work it out.
    It's in the rental contract. It says "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" (redacted on grounds of commercial confidentiality, even though you're paying)