Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Force Awakens. Spoilers

For those who have seen the movie. Spoil away!

Comments

• It's set in space.....sorry.
  • The title is very misleading, I wanted to watch a war with actual stars
  • I fell asleep watching it and had a forced awakening at the end when they wanted to clear the cinema
  • LOVED IT! I don't want to believe that Han died but what a comeback for Star Wars. Can't stop thinking about it the following day. Rey with a lightsaber! Didn't expect that compared to the trailers. Am I the only one who found her hotter when she had it? haha
  • Great flick, lived up to the hype!
  • Just got back. Loved it!
    As soon as Han set foot on that bridge I thought he was a dead man.
    Loved the sadness in Luke's eyes at the end.
  • I really like it, it was great fun. But I have an issue with JJ's storytelling. He rushed through the plot so much, I wanted it to slow down sometimes. To breathe. At the end, they've been searching for Luke for ages then bam - we got the map, we will find him inside 25 seconds. That just seemed so rushed, like much of the plot. It was break-neck speed.

They're making a full on prequel for how the original death star plans were stolen. In this movie, that plot thread took five lines of dialogue. A couple of guess and bam, they've blown up a planet.

Disney are so obsessed with setting up a franchise now that the movie doesn't entirely stand on its own two feet. It's not an isolated story, and that was unsatisfying. It'll be fine when we have a Blu Ray box set at home, but right now, I am disappointed it wasn't more standalone.

But it was a lot of fun, really entertaining and had some amazing touches and moments. 3.5/5 for me.
  • edited December 2015
    Loved it.

A trip down memory lane with a fresh twist, people in the cinema started clapping and cheering when Harrison Ford first appeared , I think they were well up for it.

I liked the 2 new main characters, I thought they were good, loved the new super sized Death Star mark 2, can't wait to go back and see it again.

I tried my Jedi mind tricks on the guy at the counter serving drinks, to see if he would give them to me for free, but he wasn't having any of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    Anyone else think that rey is Luke's daughter? Just me?
  • I met hans today he ain't dead

He has a reindeer his bird will be Queen one day and the land is full of snow
  • sammy391 said:

Anyone else think that rey is Luke daughter? Just me?

No, I feel like it's the same thing.
  • Not entirely related to this movie, but what's with audiences applauding? Find it pointless and irratating, but I am a miserable bastard............
  • The title is very misleading, I wanted to watch a war with actual stars

Harrison Ford.
    He's a star.
    What more do you want?
  • The actress who played Rey...a quite breathtaking woman.

It was great. Only year and a half till the next one!

Hans solos son needs a slap. He's quite pathetic for a villain.

• Was okay, not brilliant.
  • PopIcon said:

Was okay, not brilliant.

What would have made it brilliant in your opinion
  • Loved it. Was brilliant despite the worst audience I have ever sat and watched a film with (at the cinema). Parents bringing young children (3 to 6 year olds). Who took ages to settle down and then got bored an hour later. Almost constant sounds of sweet bags being opened but especially noticeable during quieter scenes. AAARRRRGGGHHH.

John Boyega and Daisy Ridley were fantastic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dave2l said:

PopIcon said:

Was okay, not brilliant.

What would have made it brilliant in your opinion
    I know you weren't asking me but...

- Focus on the current story and less setting up of sequels.

- More development on major plot details (the Starkiller base plan of attack scene was almost a comical parody).

- Carrie fisher to still be an actress

- Properly developed backstory, rather than open spaces left for an animated TV show to fill in.

- Luke's involvement being more than just a cliffhanger

- A real sense of time and space. It took a few seconds to travel everywhere.

- I didn't like the CGI monsters on Han's weird ship.

- Snokes seemed to come from a different franchise entirely.

- Domnhall Gleeson was awful. Hammiest performance in the SW universe.

I like it, but this stuff kept it from being a five-star classic.
  • edited December 2015
    I think Samuel L Jackson's performance was far hammier. Basically turned up, putting on a dressing gown and channeled the same character he plays in every other film.
  • Jackson's been phoning in performances for years. Gleeson should be better than that. He was trying, he just pitched it to the wrong audience. As he was effectively filling the boots of Peter Cushing, he should probably have avoided ham.
  • Just back - really liked it.

Positives - Ridley & Boyega were amazing (and they're British which is even better !)

Harrison Ford was great as always

Killing off Han Solo was a risk to take and it probably paid off

I actually thought Adam from Girls (not sure what his name is) did a good job with his role, I'm sure he'll be far more Vader esque in the next chapter

The not so good

I thought the whole "member of the Skywalker clan goes over to the dark side" felt a bit rehashed, as did the bad guys building a device that can blow up planet

The ending felt rushed

I'm concerned the next episode will be very Empire Strikes back
  • I thought it was great, far better than the prequels. I don't think Darth Jr was bad, he's weak now but will get stronger as the films go on, I expect.

Rey is definitely Luke's daughter!
  • Ren looks nothing like Han or Leia. In fact, he looks more like one of the cannabis growers from Lock, Stock. And about as ominous without the helmet on!

Still, loved the film. That's what the prequels needed to be and it's sad that the creator of this magnificent saga was unable to achieve that.
  • I thought it was great fun

My wife drove me mad prodding me and asking who obi wan kenobi was (she thought he was r2d2) kylo was a bit of a pussy until he killed his dad which I could see coming and I'm not sure I liked that twist but practically he went through the mill making this film and will be even older when it's time for the next one

Thought daisy Ridley was fantastic
  • Great movie but would love to know how much Mark Hamill was paid for less than 30 seconds and no words
  • Great movie but would love to know how much Mark Hamill was paid for less than 30 seconds and no words

Sums up my love life.