Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Is Roland The Worst Owner We've Ever Had?

Doesn't come to matches.& seems completely emotionally unattached to the club.
Doesn't really care about the fans happiness at the 'product' he's offering on the pitch
Doesn't seem too bothered what division we're in
Seems overtly interested in money, selling key players without a 2nd thought.
Has appointed an inexperienced ceo and 'interim' manager, purely on cost cuttin measures.

Have we really had a worse owner in your lifetime?

Comments

• Undoubtedly, given his resources. He must be looking to cut and run.
  • Forgot to add I can't remember a Charlton fan base more divided and apathetic as it is now.
  • edited December 2015
    To early to tell. Good things done for the clubs infrastructure but team policy and rapport with the fans couldn't be much worse. Other owners have taken us to league one. Ask me again in five years.
  • Forgot to add I can't remember a Charlton fan base more divided and apathetic as it is now.

You are probably too young to have been at the first Supporters Club meeting after we moved to Selhurst...

You are probably too young to have been at the first Supporters Club meeting after we moved to Selhurst...

Move on!

Joke btw, just to avoid any doubt!
  • No. Was never "officially" revealed who our last owner was and he just pulled the plug leaving us in the lurch and so can go fuck himself for that whoever it was.

Think that anonymity meant he escaped criticism . Just another non- football prick in it to make a quick buck out of a club and leaving before realising he wouldn't.... probably based on fabrications he'd been told.

Can't say this lot are worse than that really. That might change if they end up dragging us down the leagues slowly or just cutting the funding overnight when he gets bored of his weird little experiment and realises it's not working which is a big concern.
  • Phew -best lol I've received thanks PA!
  • Yes. First owner for whom football is not the goal.
  • kentred2 said:

Yes. First owner for whom football is not the goal.

Well the first owner since Kevin Cash anyway. See @RodneyCharltonTrotta post just above yours.

• Sponsored links:

• We've had a few shit owners so it's hard to say. Glikstien the later years. Hulyer. Fryer & Co. Cash and now RD.

For football I would say definately RD but financially he doesn't come close.
    Depends on what you want from.an owner.
  • kentred2 said:

Well the first owner since Kevin Cash anyway. See @RodneyCharltonTrotta post just above yours.

We will never know. He may have been
    there every week. His money was used for promotion and buying footballers.
  • edited December 2015
    kentred2 said:

kentred2 said:

We will never know. He may have been
    there every week. His money was used for promotion and buying footballers.
    He wasn't. The positive football things were down to Jiminez and Slaters' backing of Powell who love them or hate them understood what was required for success in a modern football club (on the pitch anyhow).

Yes the bloke funded it but turned it off just as quickly causing an utter shit storm at the club and...more importantly.... on here... for many painful, scary months which saw the zealous use of CAPS LOCK and ****s on an unprecedented scale. Shouldn't rake up old graves but they were dark days of forumming and many of us never thought we'd make it out the other side unscathed, let alone live to ever see another "Whos rack" or book thread. Dark, dark days indeed.
  • We have never had a CEO with such pathetic ideas, such perceived contempt for the Club and supporters. Such, obviously, unsuitable managers who are not appointed on purely football reasons.
    But then again up to the last few years who ever heard of the CEO. If you had one they did the admin. Although my understanding is Peter Varney was an excellent CAFC man.
    The only person you ever heard of was the manager.

Roland brought us when Slater and Jimminez were taking us to bankruptcy. Roland has put his own money in to the club, the money that Jimminez, Slater and Cash used the money from Jenkinson and did not put anything into the infrastructure, Fryer took us to Selhurst.
  • Roland is lending the club money at 3%, which is a pretty good rate of interest. Where else would you get that sort of return?
  • No, don't think he is the worst in many areas, but he is for arrogance and refusal to see what is in front of his eyes. The really appalling ones were largely asset stripper, which he might still turn out to be, of course ...
  • Have none of you heard of Mark Hulyer ?
  • Sponsored links:

• No. Fucking. Way.

This is how it is fellas. Strap yourselves in and get ready for bumps.
  • kentred2 said:

Unlike, who,? Kevin Cash? Behave.
  • Could have been Josh Harris who has just bought 70% of Palace with another person for £100m, £50m of which will go on players. But that is right, according to Murray, he was not right for us
  • Still can't believe two years in and people still giving him the benefit of the doubt. Oh well let's wait a bit longer then.
  • We have had a lot worse. And if only we had the Internet back in those days when we had some proper dodgepots running this club.
  • edited December 2015
    colin1961 said:

People forget Gliksten who pulled the valley from under our feet because of massive full out with Hulyer

The Glikstens overall brought football success The Valley. 76000. Firmani. FA Cup. League runners up. Bartram. Leary. Hales. Campbell. Curtis etc etc.

Ie a FOOTBALL OBJECTIVE just like all the others except this leech.

Eg Hulyer went for the football stars not a break even and personal gain. He gave us Simonsen, a Chief on the Board etc. FOOTBALL OBJECTIVE

Eg Frier and Sunley had FOOTBALL AIMS. They brought Lennie, Humphrey ,top division football etc (even though I didn't go to Sellout)
  • ross1 said:

Could have been Josh Harris who has just bought 70% of Palace with another person for £100m, £50m of which will go on players. But that is right, according to Murray, he was not right for us

When did Murray say that?

I understood that Harris never made any bid. Just as he didnt bid at a couple of other clubs he was linked to. And these Yanks never spend big, so Ill believe those figures when they are reality