Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• I seem to recall in his autobiography that he said he really enjoyed his short time here.
  • I always enjoy calling him 'Charlton legend, John Barnes', to Liverpool fans.
  • I remember that time when he was playing for Liverpool against Charlton in the cup just after we got back to the valley and during the pre-match warm up he went into the covered end and signed autographs for some of the kids...and didn't he wear the sticker and mention charlton's anti-racism campaign in its early years ?
  • But would he be welcomed as our Manager ?
  • Even though his legs had gone when he played for us, his touch and short passing were still sublime. Was a pleasure to see in a Charlton shirt (as long as he didn't have to break into a run). I think Curbs learnt a lot that year and didn't turn to knackered vets the next time we went up.
  • edited December 2015
  • PL54 said:

But would he be welcomed as our Manager ?

Cliff Barnes would be welcome as our manager atm
  • I've not heard of either Cliff or Clint
  • Off Dallas
  • PL54 said:

I've not heard of either Cliff or Clint

we need Clint Eastwood
  • Sponsored links:

• Tim Westwood
  • Off Dallas

I'm not old enough to remember that
  • PL54 said:

Off Dallas

You missed out
  • PL54 said:

Off Dallas

Yeah, right.
  • edited December 2015

Tim Westwood

How about Vivienne Westwood - we'd still be crap but boy would next year's kit be interesting!
  • PL54 said:

we need Clint Eastwood
    Cliff Richard will do.
  • PL54 said:

we need Clint Eastwood
    Cliff Richard will do.
    too far Dave, too far
  • He wouldn't get a chance to sing Congratulations.
  • edited December 2015
    iaitch said:

He wouldn't get a chance to sing Congratulations.

Yeah he would, he could sing it over the tannoy every time we scored.
  • Vincenzo said:

Even though his legs had gone when he played for us, his touch and short passing were still sublime. Was a pleasure to see in a Charlton shirt (as long as he didn't have to break into a run). I think Curbs learnt a lot that year and didn't turn to knackered vets the next time we went up.

That's what I remember - glimpses of real class - it was a buzz to see him in a Charlton shirt even if he was past his best.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:

He wouldn't get a chance to sing Congratulations.

Yeah he would, he could sing it over the tannoy every time we scored.
    As iatch was saying...
  • PL54 said:

But would he be welcomed as our Manager ?

Under normal circumstances, probably not. Under the current regime I'm sure most would absolutely jump at the chance.
  • edited December 2015
    always remember the fantastic goal he scored for Charlton against Brazil in a pre-season friendly at the Maracana.