Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spell it Out's Christmas Presents - Free Scarves

I've been away for a few days and really depressed to hear of the events that have occurred.

The general consensus from the fallout seems to be that we need to really drive the black and white theme - so that's what we're doing!

So, as it's Christmas time we have decided to give Charlton Fans a present...

We will be giving away 250 black and white scarves before the Wolves game on Monday the 28th of December.

These will be given away on a first come first served basis outside the club shop from 2:30pm.

Why black and white scarves?

We've been asking the club to Spell it out in Black and White. We want the owners to communicate with fans, listen to fans and realise that their experiment of how to run a football club isn't working on the pitch and isn't working off the pitch either. Change is needed because we are only heading one way.

If you are currently unhappy with the running of the club, please come and take one as a signal of your dissatisfaction.

We need help with distribution so please inbox me if you are willing to give up some time to help. It will be greatly appreciated so please get in touch.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas from Spell it Out in Black and White,

Joe.

Comments

• I'll be there to help give them out Joe.
  • Great! I was planning to buy one for that game anyway. You mean 28th of December though!
  • Great! I was planning to buy one for that game anyway. You mean 28th of December though!

Ta.
  • great idea Joe and the lifer's who made those two large donations get a vote of thanks too. Will inbox you if I can help.
  • Excellent initiative young lad - good on you.
  • Great idea, best of luck with your continuing efforts with this campaign.
  • Great idea, Joe, and you are shining light in the Charlton gloom at the moment. Well done.
  • Nice touch, Good idea.
  • Well done, again, young Joe.

By the 28th, you could be fighting off more than 250 fans looking for a way of protesting....
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck, hope it gets taken up well.
  • Well done Joe ...such a welcome alternative to the keyboard warriors/cynics on here
  • stonemuse said:

Well done Joe ...such a welcome alternative to the keyboard warriors/cynics on here

I haven't bothered saying who they are as you all know.
  • edited December 2015

Judging by the way the attendances are going everybody going on the day will get a scarf(:

Seriously though. Top work mate.
  • edited December 2015
    Trouble is to get one of 250 I would have to arrive early which would then mean spending time in the fans bar giving my hard earned to the regime!

How about also encouraging a boycott then I can turn up at my usual time of 5 mins before kick off and still pick up a scarf.

Great work, keep it up.
  • Top work Joe and everyone involved.
  • Have you considered buying more than 250? I'm sure people would chip in to cover the cost. Way things are going I can see demand being huge!
  • jamescafc said:

Have you considered buying more than 250? I'm sure people would chip in to cover the cost. Way things are going I can see demand being huge!

Ha, fair enough, but I think from a logistical point of view 250 is best.

Some kind words on this thread. Obviously can't take all the credit but the support is really appreciated, thank you.
  • I think we're gonna need a bigger box of scarves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Trouble is to get one of 250 I would have to arrive early which would then mean spending time in the fans bar giving my hard earned to the regime!

How about also encouraging a boycott then I can turn up at my usual time of 5 mins before kick off and still pick up a scarf.

Great work, keep it up.

Agree about not giving them the cash (astounded that people still do), but get their early, get a scarf and go to either the Oak or the Lib if you need to pass the time.
  • Bump.

Some offers of help would be greatly appreciated to help the whole thing run smoothly..

I'm not sure what to expect really, if there will be a rush at 2:30 or not, but it would be great to be prepared incase there are a lot of people wanting them at the same time.

Thanks.

Joe

Merry Christmas ...
  • I'll help hand some scarves out Joe. I'll be there about 2.20. Top effort
  • mart77 said:

I'll help hand some scarves out Joe. I'll be there about 2.20. Top effort

Cheers mate - top man.

Did a great job last time!
  • Me too.

Anyone want to lead a hand.

JOSE RIGA'S BLACK AND WHITE ARMY
  • edited December 2015
    It wouldn't help to pressure people for a contribution.
    To be honest, if anyone takes one they should have a bit of decency to contribute something.
    I really admire what you are doing joe.
    Believe it or not, I am doing something similar (although not football related - Essex al will understand)
    You have my full admiration.
  • Great idea and to those who don't get one, they are £7 at the stall opposite where I got mine; small price to pay to get a message across. The more people who wear the black and white scarf which after all is a respectful and POSITIVE way of protest then the better. If a thousand people wore the scarf at every home game then it would start to gather more momentum so rather than target 20k in the ground we should target 1k black and white scarves at every home game and then take it from there. These are the things the WE CAN DO as actions (as opposed to the singing of obscenities).
  • Idea???

Every match! Fold the scarf in half and spin it round your head on 2 min mark!

2% army!