Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emile Heskey

Does anybody else remember seeing him play at the Valley for Leicester in around 1996, when as a young 17 year old playing on the left wing, he tore Matt Jackson to shreds?

Think that Claridge may have gone on to score the winner for them in a 1-0 win - though could be wrong.

Absolutely astonishing that he is still knocking around nearly twenty years later!

Comments

• Decent finish too... Bugger.
  • Was it? I honestly can't recall the goal.

What I do remember from that game was Heskey, and a very young Neil Lennon (peroxide hair and all), giving wanker signs to the covered end as they trooped off at the end of the game.

It started a long life dislike of him, that persists to this day.
  • Not surprised. He is class player. No wonder not scored since Boxing Day until came across our team.
  • Played a blinder tonight our centre backs couldn't get anywhere near him, particularly their 1st goal!!!!! He showed all his attributes, strength, awareness and linking the play. I was giggling when I saw him on their team sheet but he was a class above our front 2/3.
  • Did Steve Walsh clear one off the line from David Whyte by hooking it clear?
  • drewman said:

Did Steve Walsh clear one off the line from David Whyte by hooking it clear?

Yes - right in front of the Covered End.
  • Remember him for Birmingham against us in the Premiership, we couldn't get near him that day. Led the line and held it up well.
  • Does anybody else remember seeing him play at the Valley for Leicester in around 1996, when as a young 17 year old playing on the left wing, he tore Matt Jackson to shreds?

Think that Claridge may have gone on to score the winner for them in a 1-0 win - though could be wrong.

Absolutely astonishing that he is still knocking around nearly twenty years later!

Remember that game well for some weird reason. He was so quick!
  • Every time I think of Heskey, I just think of the great Jacko and Hamer wind up that caught journos out on deadline day. Those were the days.
  • A real player's player. The best donkey work striker this country's produced? On his day and fired up he would tear down the most brick wall of defences.
  • Sponsored links:

• He rolled back the years last night winning the majority of the headers he went for, in the second half our players realised that they weren't winning anything so decided to stand off him which didn't work either because he really controlled the ball well... Not criticising Makienok here (as I like him) but he could learn a lot from Heskey last night.

Only thing I didn't like was when Lennon managed to out jump him for a header in the First Half... Heskey instantly dropped to the floor and won a free kick yet was unbelievable that someone of his size could go down so easily.
  • gonna get stick for this but fuck it, he caused our backline all sorts of problems last night, worked hard, and put a real shift in for his team. If only half of our team had the same commitment as him. Not a great player, but gave his all and was rewarded with a goal. fair play to him.
  • The chant now is "2-2 even Heskey scored...."
  • Looked finished two years ago playing in Oz, but still good enough to cause us havoc last night.
  • cafc4life said:

gonna get stick for this but fuck it, he caused our backline all sorts of problems last night, worked hard, and put a real shift in for his team. If only half of our team had the same commitment as him. Not a great player, but gave his all and was rewarded with a goal. fair play to him.

Fair comment
  • When he saw the glistening pitch, empty Valley and our complete capitulation he must have thought "Christ, I'm having this!"

I'm sure he got home and said "Honey, you're in for it tonight! I'm 18 again!"