Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Parkes at Bromley Addicks *** CANCELLED ***Chris Parkes Unwell

edited December 2015 in General Charlton
Unfortunately Chris is unwell and won't be able to attend.

Apologies to anyone who was planning to come but more importantly get well soon Chris.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Bromley Addicks

Comments

• Get well soon Chris.
  • Yep absolutely. Get well soon.
  • Get well soon, Chris. Can't he send his missus instead .... ;0)
  • get well soon Chris

*the sceptic in me tells me he's fine
  • get well soon Chris

*the sceptic in me tells me he's fine

Sorry, I understand the scepticism but in this case I believe it is unfounded.
  • All the best Chris and hopefully your admission to hospital will be a short one.

Here's to a speedy recovery. Your health is more important than the on going nonsense at the football club.
  • 100% get well soon Chris.
  • edited December 2015
    Get well soon Chris . Is he in hospital .
  • I honestly hope he gets better soon...

Else if he's off work unwell and we get into January, how are we going to sign all those players?

Else if he's off work unwell and we get into January, how are we going to sign all those players?

Don't worry.
    There's so many experts on the Facebook page that know everything about how agents and transfers work.

Get well soon Chris.
  • Sponsored links:

• Get well soon Chris.

Colin?
  • Get well soon Chris from all your friends in Holland.
  • Chris is determined to get to Burnley at the weekend. At the point when we left Sue at The Valley tonight he was still waiting for a scan. A blood test showed that it seems to be pancreatitis, rather than anything more serious, thankfully. The scan should confirm this.
  • SO sorry to hear of Chris' illness.

Get well soon, young man !
  • Charlton through and through are Chris & Sue. Lovely couple, get well soon Chris.
  • Chris is determined to get to Burnley at the weekend. At the point when we left Sue at The Valley tonight he was still waiting for a scan. A blood test showed that it seems to be pancreatitis, rather than anything more serious, thankfully. The scan should confirm this.

As you say Perry, Pancreatitis which can be very painful and nasty but as he's in hospital I expect it is being dealt with.

best wishes Chris, don't go risking your health for this lot, though.
  • Thank You.
    I would like to just say a big thank you to all of you for your kind wishes with regard to Chris's illness, they are much appreciated and I have passed them all onto him. He was taken ill at work on Monday and admitted to hospital later that day. At present I'm not sure how long he will be in there or off work. His biggest regret was missing the game last night - first home game he hasn't attended for 28 years! I was at the game, I had my 'orders' to attend so that today I can give my report and assessment of same to him when I go to the hospital.

Thank you all again, Sue.
  • Speedy recovery to Chris, and i will email my questions to the hospital instead !
    28 years without missing a home match, WOW;
    Even Nelson Mandela only served 27 years.

I hope your back to 100% health soon, and back at the matches,

Relaxing Xmas to Chris and Sue.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was on jury service with Chris a couple of summers ago and he came across as a thoroughly decent guy. I hope that he makes a speedy recovery and is home in time to enjoy Christmas (personally I wouldn't jeopardise any recovery by going to watch that shower play at Turf Moor on Saturday).
  • Thank You.
    I would like to just say a big thank you to all of you for your kind wishes with regard to Chris's illness, they are much appreciated and I have passed them all onto him. He was taken ill at work on Monday and admitted to hospital later that day. At present I'm not sure how long he will be in there or off work. His biggest regret was missing the game last night - first home game he hasn't attended for 28 years! I was at the game, I had my 'orders' to attend so that today I can give my report and assessment of same to him when I go to the hospital.

Are you sure? ;)
  • Wishing Chris a speedy and full recovery - not great to be in hospital anytime, let alone this time of year.
    We need Chris back, as he is one of the few vestiges left of "our Charlton"...
  • get well soon Chris, if you get to Burnley hope they produce a performance for you, best wishes.
  • Thank You.

Being admitted to hostiple does have its good points after all.

get well soon Chris
  • Speedy recovery to Chris, and i will email my questions to the hospital instead !
    28 years without missing a home match, WOW;
    Even Nelson Mandela only served 27 years.

Charlton - it's not a word, it's a sentence.
  • Met him with RM at a Basingstoke meeting - lovely guy
    Hope you are better so you can join us all at Turf Moor
  • Is there any news on how Chris is?
  • All the best Chris