Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel saying we defended well on Sat....did we?

Leeds missed two sitters without a Charlton defender in sight. In my eyes a good defence is one that doesnt allow the opposition any clear cut chances, we didnt do that on Sat. If we were playing anyone from the top 5 with the same defensive performance we could of conceded 2 or 3.

Comments

• agreed, should have conceded at least two and if we'd have been playing Boro, Brighton etc it would have been four or five.
  • edited December 2015
    We didn't concede... Can't see how we can defend much better... Teams will always have chances in a match, its impossible for them not to.

I also remember the chance that hit the post but don't remember the second clear cut chance without a Defender in sight though? - Leeds did only have one other shot on target though...
  • edited December 2015
    Even when there were defenders in sight the clearances and headers were so poor they landed right back on a Leeds player, inviting further pressure.

I dont think you can say you defended well when it was really the poor finishing of the Leeds players that prevented a goal...
  • Our defending has let us down at numerous times this season. There have been some excellent blocks, tackles and good positional play on occasion, but these have been fleeting. Combined with our lack of goals scored, this places us where we are in the league table. We dug in well with ten men at Brighton and were unlucky to concede two late goals (the first, before Bauer's sending off, being the result of awful defending). We were fortunate not to concede against Leeds and I think KF's comment is wishful thinking.
  • We've defended worse many times this season. We've also played teams 100% better.

Not sure whether there is praise due for the 0-0, certainly not critiscm, but I feel defence cant be considered our strongest position by any stretch.

Maybe he's trying to give some confidence to Lennon and THD?
  • and if my Auntie had balls she be my Uncle.

Do we have to pick at everything the bloke says?

are we talking about your auntie or uncle?
  • The defence was very stretched in the last 15 minutes, this had more to do with the midfield being unable to retain the ball and protect the defensive 4. The midfield lose all shape and composure when the momentum of the game goes against us meaning every Leeds possession led to a chance or panic.

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else in public, but privately he can't be happy with the defensive aspect of our play.