Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Board games / games for Christmas

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good board game for Christmas Day. Always enjoy family games at Christmas, getting kids off their phones/ tablets /tv etc..
Been playing Linkee last couple of years which is great but would like a change.
Any suggestions?

Comments

• Have you seen the video of that custard pie game? That looks a hoot

Personally though, I don't think you can beat Trivial Pursuit meself
  • I've been plying a lot of Settlers of Catan recently, it's a great game.

Bang is also a very fun card game.
  • Pictionary... classic...

DONT play Monopoly or Risk!!!
  • If you can get it ... Pie Face. It's the only way to eat a Black Forest Gateaux
  • Always enjoy a game of Scattergories on Christmas Day and the ever reliable Uno cards.
  • Perudo - excellent game
  • Articulate and Balderdash
  • edited December 2015
    Pass the Pigs - requires skill but all ages can play.....
  • Pictionary - don't play against twins though...
  • Sponsored links:

• Cards against humanity, but you'll probably want to get that out when the kids are watching TV/asleep
  • we've bought the Chase and Tipping Point, not really for the kids - but both good games
  • edited December 2015

Cards against humanity, but you'll probably want to get that out when the kids are watching TV/asleep

A winner of a game...brilliant....dont tell the easily offended....or offended on behalf of sad buggers.........!
  • Exploding Kittens is great fun. Telestrations is a good family party game (pictionary meets chinese whispers). Camel Up is a great game too.
  • not a board game but we had linky last year that was quite fun.
  • I would recommend Monolopy Empire, much easier and quicker than the usual Monolopy.
  • I would recommend Monolopy Empire, much easier and quicker than the usual Monolopy.

But does it end with the board being upended and thrown across the room.....?
  • Greenie said:

I would recommend Monolopy Empire, much easier and quicker than the usual Monolopy.

But does it end with the board being upended and thrown across the room.....?
    Thats why its quicker
  • We utilised the yes/no game. Brilliantly simple and anyone can get involved
  • Cards against humanity, but you'll probably want to get that out when the kids are watching TV/asleep

for anyone who hasn't played/heard of It

https://cardsagainsthumanity.com/
  • Sponsored links:

• Pictionary in the dark - a game we made up.

Turn the lights off. 30 seconds to draw your picture. Lights go on. Everyone shouts.
  • Carter said:

We utilised the yes/no game. Brilliantly simple and anyone can get involved

Not everyone B, my wife can't say yes.

I love Monopoly, my wife bought me an old wooden style set a few years ago.

Certainly not one for the kids!!
  • Pointless book provided hours of Xmas in hour house last your

bought this, LOGO and the Pointless Game (not really a board game as such) and look forward to my grandchildren wiping me out and taking all my money over the new year .. well a little bit of it anyway ((:>)
  • edited December 2015