Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester Tickets on Restricted Sale (Tuesday 15/12/15)

Comments

• oh great. well done everyone! now I wont be able to get a ticket.
  • Selling away tickets for high demand games would not be the same without the club f****** it up somehow.
  • Well done the club. A very sensible rethink. I'm pretty confident we'll get 2,000 if we need them & everyone will be able to go. But at least the club have ensured the S/T holders & VG members won't miss out.
  • So if I am a season ticket holder AND Valley Gold, can I get 4?

(gets out tin hat and takes cover) :wink:
  • TelMc32 said:

So if I am a season ticket holder AND Valley Gold, can I get 4?

(gets out tin hat and takes cover) :wink:

You know the answer to that, don't you?
  • Blimey that was easy..............straight through and two tickets bought..............what's going on
  • the fact they are advertising the match day prices tends to suggest there will be plenty available
  • so if you get on the coach at Gravesend (v near the M25) you leave at 10.10am and then leave Charlton at midday ?!?!?!?

who on earth worked that out !
  • Sponsored links:

• so if you get on the coach at Gravesend (v near the M25) you leave at 10.10am and then leave Charlton at midday ?!?!?!?

Everything is planned so they can only run one coach. They should be starting one at Bromley and one in Kent. It's not rocket science.

Everything is planned so they can only run one coach. They should be starting one at Bromley and one in Kent. It's not rocket science.
    Is there scope for more? That's really poor for a game when we'll be taking (say) several hundred. In the past when I've been on the only coach it's been for somewhere rather undesirable.

For a trip to Essex you'd quite rightfully expect not to do a tour of SE London first. I'm in a group of 9 going so I expect demand for this fixture will be half-decent.
  • Sold over 250 at 2PM.
  • edited December 2015
    RedPanda said:

so if you get on the coach at Gravesend (v near the M25) you leave at 10.10am and then leave Charlton at midday ?!?!?!?

Is there scope for more? That's really poor for a game when we'll be taking (say) several hundred. In the past when I've been on the only coach it's been for somewhere rather undesirable.

For a trip to Essex you'd quite rightfully expect not to do a tour of SE London first. I'm in a group of 9 going so I expect demand for this fixture will be half-decent.
    They are killing the numbers in part by doing the runaround. You would easily fill two coaches (probably four) for this and take about £300 per coach more than hire cost at £16. However their preference is to run one double-decker, which is cheaper to hire than two single-deckers. There are circumstances when that's sensible, but a game like this isn't one of them. I think the main problem is that the decision makers have no feel for the likely level of demand. It is very difficult not to make money from away travel over the season. They are doing their best to make as little as possible, however.
  • RedPanda said:

so if you get on the coach at Gravesend (v near the M25) you leave at 10.10am and then leave Charlton at midday ?!?!?!?

They are killing the numbers in part by doing the runaround. You would easily fill two coaches (probably four) for this and take about £300 per coach more than hire cost at £16. However their preference is to run one double-decker, which is cheaper to hire than two single-deckers. There are circumstances when that's sensible, but a game like this isn't one of them. I think the main problem is that the decision makers have no feel for the likely level of demand. It is very difficult not to make money from away travel over the season. They are doing their best to make as little as possible, however.
    Surely if we take 1000 or more, they'll rethink this? It makes no sense at all, a game like this will attract an decent away following, and with the A12 outside the M25 being a reasonable road and the ground next to it, more people will be going by road than rail...

Apart from anything else, if they're only running one coach, wouldn't it make more sense to start at Charlton then pick up last at Gravesend, before crossing at Dartford?
  • edited December 2015

RedPanda said:

Surely if we take 1000 or more, they'll rethink this? It makes no sense at all, a game like this will attract an decent away following, and with the A12 outside the M25 being a reasonable road and the ground next to it, more people will be going by road than rail...

Apart from anything else, if they're only running one coach, wouldn't it make more sense to start at Charlton then pick up last at Gravesend, before crossing at Dartford?
    They'll run more than one coach - the problem is that they insist on settng up for one, which makes most of the times nonsense and puts people off. I know they've been told this by the stewards and some of the passengers, but as with other things down there some people simply will not listen. All it needs is to use Charlton or Bexleyheath as a hub - you can then use it to fill up a Sussex coach if required too. There is no financial risk.
  • who is making these sort of decisions at the club now?
  • edited December 2015
    redman said:

who is making these sort of decisions at the club now?

This Don Goodman bloke
  • Tickets can be purchased by visiting the Valley's ticket office in person, by calling 03330 14 44 44 or by going online. Those purchasing tickets online during the first two days of sale must log in and then refresh the page in order to book.

Eh? I've logged in, but after refreshing nothing changes and I still can't see the Colchester game
  • Any idea how many we've sold for this s waiting till pay day to purchase 5 tickets with coach travel ??
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    Tickets for Charlton's third-round FA Cup tie at Colchester United on Saturday, January 9th will be available to buy online only, as of 9am on Thursday, December 17th.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-tickets-colchester-united-2854811.aspx#DBSAjvXspYTvTsbd.99

Next stage of closing the ticket office altogether.

However, if you want to use the coach service you'll still have to ring them up after booking your match ticket online because they haven't got round to setting up coaches online.
  • Well done the club. A very sensible rethink. I'm pretty confident we'll get 2,000 if we need them & everyone will be able to go. But at least the club have ensured the S/T holders & VG members won't miss out.

You joking yeah?
  • weirdly I still think we'll take a very healthy away following...we have a strange obsession with the FA Cup
  • Tickets for Charlton's third-round FA Cup tie at Colchester United on Saturday, January 9th will be available to buy online only, as of 9am on Thursday, December 17th.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-tickets-colchester-united-2854811.aspx#DBSAjvXspYTvTsbd.99

Next stage of closing the ticket office altogether.

However, if you want to use the coach service you'll still have to ring them up after booking your match ticket online because they haven't got round to setting up coaches online.

Whereas if you want to book today, you can't use the online service (despite what the earlier instruction said)
  • weirdly I still think we'll take a very healthy away following...we have a strange obsession with the FA Cup

Helps us forget about the league. Also, this is a game we could actually win because they appear to be even worse than us!
  • Tickets can be purchased by visiting the Valley's ticket office in person, by calling 03330 14 44 44 or by going online. Those purchasing tickets online during the first two days of sale must log in and then refresh the page in order to book.

Eh? I've logged in, but after refreshing nothing changes and I still can't see the Colchester game

Yep. I tried to book online and they were not there.

However, they were still advertsing for sale the Leeds & Bolton tickets.

I'm almost starting to believe that they want to drive away all the supporters and shut the club down.

I've been unable to book tickets online all season. An absolute pile of cack !
  • Anyone actually managed to find these tickets online yet?
  • No, I looked at 9.45, but as the ticket office is shut on Thursdays perhaps someone has forgotten to flip the switch.
  • edited December 2015
    After sending an e-mail to the ticket office, I received a phone call and the procedure is, on the page where banners for future games, there is a tab at the top the page that says tickets you click on that, you then get a page with tabs at the top which states away tickets, home tickets, FA cup tickets, season tickets you then click which one you want. Easy :-)
  • Sweet, cheers for that Dansk.