Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best place for gym/fitness equipment?

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy gym/fitness equipment. Ideally somewhere I can go and try before I buy if possible. Now I've got my garage sorted out, I want to kit it out ASAP (alongside the dartboard and beer fridge of course!)

Comments

• Options
    gym ???...fitness ???...anybody know what language he's using ?...
  • Options
    lol, give up JD !!

Decathlon is meant to be good for this sort of thing, isn't it ??
  • Options
    I've got no idea, thats why I'm asking. I've got to do something about this weight piling on mate.
  • Options
    don't worry about, its the new fashion.

All women love a hunky chunky.

you're best bet will be to look in the local listings for 2nd hand stuff. Get that on the cheap first, then if you find you are using it regularly you can upgrade.
  • Options
    Go running & do crunches/press ups etc in Garden or down local park it's free, plus you don't put it in storage or regret paying money out for it later.
  • Options
    Decathlon is cheap - about £50 for a bench i think. Don't know about the quality though. I go through this a couple of times a year where i think about turning the garage into a gym but never get round to it.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Go running & do crunches/press ups etc .[/quote]

there goes another one...what's with this use of strange words on here...

try walking...there's no better exercise...all that exerting yourself will give you a heart attack and prematurley age you...definitely running will - it puts 10 years on your face straight away because your face muscles cant handle it...trust me on this one, walk to the pub and back, its the only way...
  • Options
    I'm with ketman- Running and generally being more active is the best way- especially as we go into the summer.

Only bit of Gym equipment i ever used regularly was an old punch bag got by a friend from a car boot sale that i hung in the garage and used to "box".

Brilliant exercise.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]I'm with ketman- Running and generally being more active is the best way- especially as we go into the summer.

Only bit of Gym equipment i ever used regularly was an old punch bag got by a friend from a car boot sale that i hung in the garage and used to "box".

Brilliant exercise.[/quote]

see, there's a good reason not to do these things or start these exercises...they're past tense...what you need is something that you can always keep present tense...ditch the car keys and walk everywhere that'll only take you 15 minutes...its something you know you can always keep up...
  • Options
    Did you play the rocky music whilst doing it Stan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Before I became a Dad, I was going out running every night for 40-45 minutes after getting home from work plus going swimming occasionally and I managed to get rid of the extra two stone I'm carrying now. Since fatherhood, I just dont get the time to go running now, especially when my Mrs goes out in the evenings and I get left at home babysitting. Converting the garage into a mini gym is the only option I've got to keep fit and baby sit at the same time.
  • Options
    I've an old punch bag you can have.

LTGTR- unfortunately it was the garage i lost! :-p
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Did you play the rocky music whilst doing it Stan?

Can't see lou carpenter doing that- could you!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Did you play the rocky music whilst doing it Stan?

Can't see lou carpenter doing that- could you!

Haha suppose not mate no!