Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name two players that have had their name on the front and back of their shirts,

A silly one cos I really need to do some work this PM.

Name two players that have had their name on the front and back of their shirts, i.e. the sponsor was the same as their name.

Comments

• Options
    Lee Sharpe?
  • Options
    CR Smith sponsored both Rangers and Celtic I think - they might have had a Smith at the time.
  • Options
    that's what i was thinking sco, but i can't think of any !
  • Options
    When Viv Anderson was at Sheff Wed they were sponsored by sANDERSON so technically he did!
  • Options
    Ian Walker at Leicester
    Talal El Llanera at Charlton
  • Options
    Steven Ireland playing for Ireland... or does it say eire on their badge?
  • Options
    Only ones I can think of are Lee Sharpe when Sharp sponsored Man Yoo and Ian Walker when Walker's sponsored Leicester.

However...

Walker arrived at Leicester in the summer of 2001, the same summer that the Foxes abandoned Walker's crisps as a sponsor and replaced it with LG Electronics, so he never actually wore a shirt with his name on both sides in the Premiership.

Lee Sharpe, meanwhile, and being pedantic, the spellings are different, thus ruling him out too.

The one case could be former Middlesbrough striker Hamilton Ricard, who had been playing for Danubio in Uruguay. Danubio are sponsored by Ricard - a brand of chocolates - and although player names are not printed on shirts in Uruguay, the sponsor's logo is blazoned across both the chest and back of Danubio's strip, meaning that Ricard's name is, indeed, on both sides of his shirt.

Unless there are any others?