Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Supporters can now submit the names of family, friends and colleagues for Charlton's annual memorial

Fans can send in names for the memorial by emailing richard.willgoss@cafc.co.uk or calling 020-8333 4000.
Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-annual-memorial-game-2846152.aspx#4BHwTrWvFVQfV8qL.99

Comments

• I know this might sound a silly question but do they have to have been a Charlton fan??
  • dancafc said:

I know this might sound a silly question but do they have to have been a Charlton fan??

There isn't really a vetting process. I guess some people might ask why would someone who wasn't a fan want to be included but without knowing the circumstances I don't see why not.

If you feel it is appropriate then go ahead and put their name forward.
  • edited December 2015
    It was my dad he was a spurs fan but went to more Charlton games than spurs games he also used to trot about in a Charlton wooly hat when it got cold
  • Do it Dan.

I put my mum on it and Charlton was probably one of the main causes of arguments in our household when I was growing up! She wasn't a "fan"

Was a nice moment.
  • WSS said:

Do it Dan.

I put my mum on it and Charlton was probably one of the main causes of arguments in our household when I was growing up! She wasn't a "fan"

Was a nice moment.

Done mate
  • Good stuff @dancafc and RIP your dad.
  • Good stuff @dancafc and RIP your dad.

Thanks mate
  • dancafc said:

It was my dad he was a spurs fan but went to more Charlton games than spurs games he also used to trot about in a Charlton wooly hat when it got cold

Hi Dan

Glad you added your Dad's name. Sorry to hear you lost him this year. My Dad died in August and although he didn't go to many games after the 1947 Cup final (quit while you're ahead!) he always looked out for the results and followed them via me - so his name will be up there too.
  • dancafc said:

Hi Dan

Glad you added your Dad's name. Sorry to hear you lost him this year. My Dad died in August and although he didn't go to many games after the 1947 Cup final (quit while you're ahead!) he always looked out for the results and followed them via me - so his name will be up there too.
    He died in September sudden of a heart attack on holiday in Cornwall he had only just turned 60 so it was a massive shock.but like you say about your dad always looked out to see how we were getting on and was always more optimistic than I was about Charlton I just thought it was a nice thing for me my brother and son to have that minute to be together