Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

8th December 1980

John Lennon murdered 35 years ago today. I remember it very well.

Comments

• Riviera said:

John Lennon murdered 35 years ago today. I remember it very well.

Sadly me too. Wore a black armband to work. Was a very sad day - felt like the end of an era...
  • Tempus Fugits
  • The man was god
  • dancafc said:

The man was god

Aye to that mate
  • I have a portrait tattoo on my leg of him
  • Would now be 75 yrs old - sadly missed.
  • dancafc said:

The man was god

Ironically wasn't it the quote about being bigger than Jesus cited by that Chapman freak as motive for shooting him.

Love the Beatles and used to live just off penny lane up in Liverpool. Filmed a couple of their vids in knole park Sevenoaks I read the other week

• dancafc said:

The man was god

Ironically wasn't it the quote about being bigger than Jesus cited by that Chapman freak as motive for shooting him.

Love the Beatles and used to live just off penny lane up in Liverpool. Filmed a couple of their vids in knole park Sevenoaks I read the other week

You are bang on mate.he had the right ideas about world peace maybe if people had taken notice the shit going down nowadays wouldn't be happening
  • Arrived for my first time in America (Miami) that day on the Freddie Laker cheap flights. Watching tv when this came on the news and a shoot out was happening down town. I was thinking what am I doing here. The Americans were very considerate wherever we went saying "sorry to hear about your buddy". There was real emotion going around of this loss.