Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ovo and 1st Utility.

Just wondering if any of you good people have had any dealings with these energy companies, looking at changing from Eon.

Comments

• Options
    I'm with 1st Utility. I got a good deal when I switched about 18 months ago. No idea if they are still much if any cheaper. Customer service seems ok.
  • Options
    If switching a fixed contract with these I would suggest it is worth checking that it is fully fixed and not pass through.

A few of these companies will pass through third party charges as they increase.
  • Options
    Left Scottish power for first utility but moved back. Their customer service was at least 10 times worse than Scottish power's
  • Options
    I'm with First Utility and so is my mum. Been about 6 months now, no issues but not had to phone them up, apparently their customer service ain't great.
  • Options
    I am with Ovo, very good, reasonable, can control everything account wise from your phone app.
  • Options
    Am with First Utility, and have been for a couple of years at least on two properties (one's mine, one's hers). Good fixed deals but they do keep trying to get you to fix for longer at higher rates,which I've always ignored. The 12/18 month deals are decent value.
    Was with Ovo before, but they whacked their prices up too much after the fixed period, so I switched and havent regretted it.
  • Options
    Personally: I'm with Ovo & pretty happy with them
    Professionally: I'm a market researcher, and on the whole people answering our surveys have good things to say about Ovo

• Options
    I'm with OVO. No complaints from me. Prices have come down since I renewed my fixed plan. Do everything by the App too.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help...OVO sounds good and my sister in law backs up what has been posted on this thread.
  • Options
    I moved from Ovo to First Utility ... and am now with EoN.
    Switched each time to get a better price at the end of the fixed price period.

First Utility customer services were difficult to get through to the one time I needed to speak to them, but apart from that have found them all to be much of a muchness
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another vote for OVO. They keep things nice and simple with great customer service.
  • Options
    Switch every year and been with most of the companies now. These 2 are at the extremes of them all. Ovo are best and First Utility the worst and I will never switch back to them no matter how cheap they are.

• Options
    Was with Ovo - good service.
    Switched to First Utility for better price - not bad.
    Have just switched to GB energy for much better prices.
  • Options
    Been with Ovo for only a few months, so far so good.
  • Options
    No idea about cost, but OVO is very little effort to use/look at.
  • Options
    With OVO, brilliant, have a smart meter with them as well, so very little contact which suits me
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Go on a comparison site every 12 months ( or when your deal is ending) and get the best deal for yourself, end of.

It will likely save you about £300pa, as opposed to not bothering.

Customer service ? Does it really matter ? What customer service do you need from an energy company ?

If they whack your DDR up too high and you can't get to speak to them, then just cancel it.

They'll soon be on the phone.

I think all the companies are pretty much the same. The only major difference is how much you pay for exactly the same energy.
  • Options
    Been with Ovo for a couple of years. Saved a lot of money compared to British Gas. No complaints
  • Options

Go on a comparison site every 12 months ( or when your deal is ending) and get the best deal for yourself, end of.

It will likely save you about £300pa, as opposed to not bothering.

Customer service ? Does it really matter ? What customer service do you need from an energy company ?

If they whack your DDR up too high and you can't get to speak to them, then just cancel it.

They'll soon be on the phone.

I think all the companies are pretty much the same. The only major difference is how much you pay for exactly the same energy.

Kind of agree will be changing from EON when our contract ends in January, wife tells me we could save 500 pound.
  • Options
    I'm with OVO no complaints - the website works well and is easy to use. Also give 3% interest on accounts in credit. They recently topped half a million customers - must be doing something right only started up in 2009.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I walk about in doors with just my boxers on and when the old lady says to me turn the heating on I say leave it out and that is how you keep your energy bills down. And thanks to Roland I am going to save energy on going to the Valley next season