Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This bloody wind

No not aftermath of my curry, but this Storm Desmond. Wind seems as strong as anything can remember. Our three seater garden swing chair thing has just gone flying. Fence panels are bowing like anything.

Comments

• I was out on the bike today. Meant to do some gulls, but decided discretion was the better part of valour when I was blown six feet across the road almost into the other carriageway

Still nothing like wind up north. That bit of Lancashire between Manchester and Chorley has a constant 20mph headwind pretty much all year round
  • Old boy got blew under a bus yesterday, terrible
  • Feels like the 02 is gonna take off when it hits like that
  • All reasonably quiet here. You must have suffered an isolated gust. My thoughts are with you and I hope the rest of the day is less traumatic. (:
  • edited December 2015
    Walked along the seafront last night it was a tad windy to say the least.
  • Our trampoline blew over. My relatives in Kendal werent very sympathetic as their entire street has washed away
  • Walked along the seafront last night it was a tad windy to say the least.

which seafront Hastingsaddick?
  • bit wet up here, huge puddles everywhere
  • My wind chimes are lovely
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

Walked along the seafront last night it was a tad windy to say the least.

which seafront Hastingsaddick?
    From Hastings Old Town to the main town centre. Only a 10 minute walk but a real struggle as the wind was coming right in our faces.
  • bit wet up here, huge puddles everywhere

bit wet up here, huge puddles everywhere

Was up in Blackpool for the weekend 6-9th Nov it was really rough on the Monday train delays etc, some signal equipment was flooded on the line into Preston.
  • Old boy got blew under a bus yesterday, terrible

He was a lifelong gooner who had been going regularly, home and away, since 1934. Was on his way to the Emirates when it happened.
  • Friday is going to be bad, not sure if the game will be effected.
  • edited February 2022
    Certainly feels a damn sight stronger than the 21mph my weather app is saying
    Why would strong/gale force winds on Friday, effect the game on Saturday, unless there was terrible damage to the stadium?
    Why would strong/gale force winds on Friday, effect the game on Saturday, unless there was terrible damage to the stadium?

Exactly that plus transport issues for fans etc.
  • Flying from Glasgow to London on Friday night. Should be fun. Hopefully see you all at Saturday’s match. 
  • Sponsored links:

I can't see the game being effected by transport issues for the fans,
    I can't recall that happening before.
    Why would strong/gale force winds on Friday, effect the game on Saturday, unless tere was terrible damage to the stadium?

I can't see the game being effected by transport issues for the fans,
    I can't recall that happening before.
    Depends  where you travel from. I catch the train from Basingstoke, lots of times trees have fallen dow in the past, not that will stop the game going ahead but local damage around and to the ground might.
  • Just in to Stansted from Cork. Very lumpy flight.
  • A severe weather warning has been upgraded to red - the highest level - for parts of south-west England and the south Wales on Friday, meaning there is a danger to life from flying debris.

The Met Office warned Storm Eunice could bring winds of up to 90mph, causing significant disruption.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60417263

• Pretty scary stuff. Yesterday was bad enough, looks like we are right in the middle of this one. 
  • clive said:

A severe weather warning has been upgraded to red - the highest level - for parts of south-west England and the south Wales on Friday, meaning there is a danger to life from flying debris.

The Met Office warned Storm Eunice could bring winds of up to 90mph, causing significant disruption.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60417263

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZn1fhMdrbQ

• Pretty scary stuff. Yesterday was bad enough, looks like we are right in the middle of this one. 
    Yep.
    Descending on us first around 3am before it’s wings it’s way over to you.
    Stay safe 🙏🏻♥️