Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Former Charlton boss Jose Riga urges fans to give Karel Fraeye a chance - News Shopper

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/14123193.Exclusive__Former_Charlton_boss_urges_fans_to_give_Karel_Fraeye_a_chance/

(Jose) said: “I had a good relationship with Karel even though I didn't know him personally before coming to Charlton.

“We shared our thoughts a lot because I got a good feeling from him. Like me, he was impressed by the quality of the Championship and by Charlton.

“It was a very nice experience and interesting to share my opinion with Karel about the way I see things - most of the time I was asking for his opinion, too."

Comments

• I thought he was only a temp manager? The plot thickens
  • He is Rob. Five months.
  • but ain't it a bit of a funny thing to say give him a chance, when he's only an infill till the proper manager is appointed? And surely that contract is 5 months max but can be cancelled as soon as Mourinho becomes available...... I just think it's a bit strange
  • Stig said:

Everything about this club is strange.

True lol
  • I liked you Jose, but sorry (and don't take this the wrong way) - bollocks to giving him a chance.

The sooner the smirking puppet is outed the better.
  • Won two out of five can also be described as lost 3 out of five.
    What's generally perceived to be the magic number? 50 points?
    We have 16. There are 28 games to go. Karel's getting 1.2 points per game. That's 33.6 points to come plus 16 = 49.6.
    So far, it ain't quite good enough is it?
  • Master

mind or bate?
  • Sponsored links:

• Bring Back Jose?
  • I'd be happy if Roland decides to give Riga the managers position with Karel as his assistant which should have happened in the first place!!!!
  • Don't miss another Riga exclusive tomorrow on Duchatelet, Meire and his Valley exit.
    Part 2 should be interesting (and no I don't work for the NS!)
  • HandG said:

"Charlton are incredible.."

Roland, Roland-what could have been. What an impact Jose made in such a short space of time and you let him go you wally.

You can't blast the board for bringing in an inexperienced Belgian nobody, then criticise Roland for not hiring Jose Riga
  • Like me, he was impressed by the quality of the Championship and by Charlton.

Personally, I prefer when the coaches of my Football Club have an understanding of the level they are getting themselves into. It's quite important.
  • I think the biggest protests are against the owner not CEO not the manager. If he wins a few games he will be given a chance and if he doesn't he won't - like any other manager.
  • Sam Allardyce and Tony Pulis continue to prove that when you're staring into the relegation void, you bring in the bloke with a proven track record of keeping teams up in that league. Maybe in the future you then decide that you want to change your style, or the football's boring, or you actually would quite like being relegated and sack him, but when the shit is hovering over the fan you bring in experience, not some inexperienced bloke who you know happen to know. I feel like we've given Fraeye a chance - he didn't get anything like the abuse Luzon did when he started - and we all would have loved him to win every game and take us up the table. The fact is he hasn't and the experiment needs to end. Bring in a proper bloody Championship manager.
  • Riga for next interim manager & then Peeters to take over in the summer