Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford - The Bees admit their mistakes

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/phil-giles-personal-message-01.12.15-2830011.aspx

How about this for a statement from Brentford's Co-Director of football, opening up about what's gone on this season, why decisions have been made and in the below quote, admitting an error in hiring Marinus Dijkhuizen
Marinus was a risk – in particular because he didn’t have any previous experience of English football. That it didn’t work out was personally disappointing for me, as both Marinus and Roy are good men with great integrity.

I was therefore pleased to see that Marinus won his first game at NAC 6-1 on the same memorable evening that we defeated Queens Park Rangers at Griffin Park.

He then goes on to make four points explaining why Dean Smith has been hired.

Just imagine if we could tick these four boxes. Everything would feel a bit better then.

May not happen though .......
Dean has significant coaching experience in English football, including more than four years as manager at Walsall.
He is a hugely likeable man with strong leadership skills and the ability to immediately manage and command the respect of the players and support staff.
He wants to play football in a bright and attractive way – the way that Brentford fans have become accustomed to over recent seasons.
Dean has a track record of developing young players, and can help our relatively young squad to reach their full potential.

Comments

• This is so depressing, makes me even angrier at whats happening here.

Demonstrates the correct way to run a football club with an intelligent and thought out appointment and direct communication with the supporters.
  • CAFCdamo said:

This is so depressing, makes me even angrier at whats happening here.

Demonstrates the correct way to run a football club with an intelligent and thought out appointment and direct communication with the supporters.

And an admission of an error.
  • Letting go of Warburton was a silly mistake, Benham and his advisers clearly thought that their "statistics" based approach just needed a like minded coach to succeed, when things are more complicated with a team of of humans. They've learned from their mistake...
  • I don't think KM can handle anyone that will challenge her authority - yes men only need apply.
  • I think Dean Smith is a very good appointment for them. Surprised Lee Carsley isn't interested though.
  • Can someone please email the link to Pinocchio asap.
  • Full credit to them. Couldn't happen here due to Mr Burns and Pinocchio lacking the ability to apologise/admit mistakes.
  • Letting go of Warburton was a silly mistake, Benham and his advisers clearly thought that their "statistics" based approach just needed a like minded coach to succeed, when things are more complicated with a team of of humans. They've learned from their mistake...

It didn't take them that long to realise it either...
  • Sponsored links:

She'd probably say it was a sign of weakness from the Brentford board.

She'd be scratching her head asking why are they liaising with those beneath them.

She'd probably say it was a sign of weakness from the Brentford board.

She'd be scratching her head asking why are they liaising with those beneath them.
    Sad, but true.
  • it should be sent to Roland, he is the only one that matters.
  • Takes a big man to admit mistakes....RD clearly doesn't have the balls!!
  • Bet Dean Smith can't speak Flemish though?
  • Has he managed in the Championship ? I don't know the guy's background so don't know.
  • PL54 said:

Has he managed in the Championship ? I don't know the guy's background so don't know.

Only with Walsall in League One.
  • Hands up if you think Smith will do better than Fraeye this season.

• Sponsored links:

• Good for Brentford. Why should Katrien admit she was wrong? All her decisions have ended up correct.
  • Those are my correct decisions and if you don't like them.... well I have others.
  • PL54 said:

Has he managed in the Championship ? I don't know the guy's background so don't know.

Yes.
  • edited December 2015

PL54 said:

Yes.
    No. Has only managed at Walsall, all in League One.
  • LouisMend said:

PL54 said:

Yes.
    No. Has only managed at Walsall, all in League One.
    Yep, I realise that but PL54 is on{yet another} wind up.