Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Youth/Reserve players

Been going through some old programmes and some names that crop up has got me delving deeper finding out what happened to some of our old players, Rurik Gislason, for example, now plays for Nurnberg and has 36 caps for Iceland, and will probably play at Euro 2016. Martin Christensen was less successful, signed by Big Nose for 250,000, he never played for the club and has ended up in the Swedish league. Bakary Soro was another name, the defender was always on football manager down as away on loan, but never even seemed to be confirmed anywhere else, I believe he joined as part of the link up with Asec Mimosas, alongside the household names of Gohi Bi Cyriac and Serge Deble. He now plays in Turkey for Osmanlispor.

Then I remembered there was another youth team player about 10 years ago, Scandinavian chap, played attacking midfield, blonde hair, but can't for the life of me remember his name! Can anyone remember him?

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Not Mikkel Jensen was it...? - If so he seems to have disappeared from Football

• It was! Remember hearing great things about him, then suddenly he dropped off the footballing radar completely.

Further digging has brought up Paulo Monteiro, who plays in the Portuguese league, against, among others, Goncalo Brandao, I presume both were brought in, in a bid to find the next Jorge Costa.
  • sam3110 said:

It was! Remember hearing great things about him, then suddenly he dropped off the footballing radar completely.

Further digging has brought up Paulo Monteiro, who plays in the Portuguese league, against, among others, Goncalo Brandao, I presume both were brought in, in a bid to find the next Jorge Costa.

Was looking @ Brandao the other week... He doesn't appear to have had a bad career... Back in Portugal and am sure he'd know about battles with Bauer and (cough!) Sarr... Maybe should get him back here?
  • Mikkel Rygaard Jensen plays for Naestved BK in the Danish second division apparently!
  • edited December 2015
    sam3110 said:

Mikkel Rygaard Jensen plays for Naestved BK in the Danish second division apparently!

Good spot... http://naestvedboldklub.dk/player/mikkel-rygaard/ ...

Still has really big teeth, although needs some new hair gel as its lost its stick now

• Those teeth are ridiculous!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I always thought it was weird we never capitalised on the African link up and kept people like Rurik around, he was another one getting great reviews in youth football, only for us to release him and start signing YouTube sensations instead
  • I s'pose Ivory Coast were on the up with the Toure Brothers / Didier Drogba coming through.

Sadly some people seem to think that if one good player comes from a Country, every other player from that same country must be worth looking at so we divert all our resources to that area, instead all we do is locate and buy rubbish to avoid anyone making the mistake.

Is the same with Non-League talent these days, other than Bradley Pritchard... We buy rubbish players to ensure another set of fans don't suffer