Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

10 questions for RD

Roland

Your CEO has recently, rather reluctantly, given what seemed like a half-commitment to improve communications, so here are some questions that have been on my mind a lot lately. I look forward to your replies.

1 What considerations led you choose to buy CAFC, as opposed to any other in Europe? Maybe you knew of our history since the ‘Selhurst Park’ announcement in 1985 and decided you wanted to be a part of that highly unusual sense of oneness which subsequently developed between club management and supporters?

2 What are your hopes and dreams for CAFC during your stewardship and have you put any timescales on them? By the way I’m about the same age as you so I'm aware that very active engagement in long term projects by people like us are always liable to be ambushed by the march of time.

3 How do you intend to achieve those hopes and dreams? I saw the powerpoint presentation but it didn't comminicate much about the 'hope and dreams’. Are you sure you've explained this clearly enough to the CEO, because I got the impression that she may need a little bit more clarification from you on those.......

4 Could you describe to me what satisfaction you get from owning CAFC? I just wondered.....

5 As you never go to matches do you think this invisibility is likely to be the best way to inspire your staff, the team and CAFC supporters?

6 Who on earth are the people who advise you on footballing matters and do you really think they have enough knowledge of the challenges of the Championship?

7 When supporters could see at the start of the season that the squad wasn’t deep enough, why couldn’t your advisers? Or, if they did tell you, what was your reply? What are they telling you now?

8 Do you agree with your CEO that all our last 4 managers have been ‘successful’? I'm sure it hasn't escaped you we're still in the same league position.

9 What advice did you seek on drawing up the ‘person specification’ for the CEO of a Championship club? Was solid football experience a central feature, and how did your choice of person outrank other potential candidates?

10 What advice are you receiving about the alarming decline in match-day attendance during your ownership? Is it all just a matter of poor performance on the pitch, or are there other factors at play in destroying the previous resilience and enthusiasm of former hard-core fans and making them stay away? Have you asked anyone what they think they are? Is it time to ask someone to carry out some kind of independent audit on how effectively your finances are being spent?

Comments

• I would love to see RD come on here and answer your questions but would be a bit worried about your heart giving up.
  • Good questions but questions he will never have to answer or put himself in that position to be criticised.
  • Where do you get your Stream from?
  • Where do you get your Stream from?

If he's anything like me, it,'ll be a once a day tamsulosin tablet.
  • Sadly I have now finally realised that we will get nowhere expecting Roland to respond to us except through the ridiculous choice he made of a CEO without a shred of football knowledge, or any idea how to run a Business. Perhaps we should do like some animals, and hibernate for the Winter. I have now been watching football in this Country for 70 years, and have now given up on ever seeing some common sense at this Club. We are a laughing stock.
  • edited November 2015
    Granpa said:

We are a laughing stock.

Indeed. Slapstick Flavour.

• It's the sheer frustration, like a small child throwing a tantrum, crying endlessly and just being ignored by their parents 'cos they know sooner or later the child will get fed and stop (or in our case, just give up!) The feeling that however loudly we shout and how many polite and law-abiding demonstrations that are mounted the result will be the same... we are have no REAL power or REAL influence and Mr D. knows this. I made a promise to myself last year that if we dropped into the third tier that would be my lot - after nearly 50 years following MY club; As seems likely my resolve will be put to the test as I fear that with this squad we are doomed. My challenge to Mr D. and the team? Simple, prove me wrong!