Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which Manager Worth His Salt?

Would take the Charlton Job. They would just be Roland's puppet, and out of work within 6 months.
Any manager with credibility wouldn't apply.

Comments

• Bob Peeters is interested
  • Chema Ramos, Volkan Uluc, Chris O'Loughlin......
  • Riga, Luzon, Peeters....
  • I'd piss it, easiest job I'd ever have
  • Would take the Charlton Job. They would just be Roland's puppet, and out of work within 6 months.
    Any manager with credibility wouldn't apply.

I think you underestimate the ego of our of work managers.
  • Curbs - please do whatever is needed to get him on board this sinking ship
  • Sponsored links:

• Paul lambert would have. But we missed the chance. Watch Blackburn improve.
    If you don't have a clear plan and hesitate you miss out, simple.
    How the hell is RD a multi millionaire?

Because he pays his head coaches some of the lowest wages in the championship so no British champion ship manager would work for him even if they were given the chance,
    Maybe a Garath Ainsworth,from League 2, but he may be too rock and Roll for Duchatelet.
  • Loads of managers would take the gig.

There are plenty of unemployed managers out there, desperate for work, for the buzz of coaching again. Then there are ambitious lower division managers who would see Charlton with its ground and facilities as a massive step up. Finally there will be assistants and coaches looking for a bigger job, a chance to make a name for themselves.

If we actually advertised the job of head coach, we'd get at least 20 genuine proper applicants

• If we actually advertised the job of head coach, we'd get at least 20 genuine proper applicants

Trouble is, the ones who would agree to RD's terms - ie he interferes in selection and decides who we buy and sell - are not the ones we would want at the club.

Because he pays his head coaches some of the lowest wages in the championship so no British champion ship manager would work for him even if they were given the chance,
    Maybe a Garath Ainsworth,from League 2, but he may be too rock and Roll for Duchatelet.
    I went to Barnet v Mansfield yesterday, perhaps Martin Allen would give our boys a kick up the backside.

I went to Barnet v Mansfield yesterday, perhaps Martin Allen would give our boys a kick up the backside.
    Mad dog and a Englishman would go out into the Championship, Son.

Excuse my ignorance but are you agreeing or disagreeing?!

As Martin Allen Quit Brentford in 2006 because they wouldn't invest in the team,
    i wonder at 50 years old if he would be a yes man ?

No, me neither.

As Martin Allen Quit Brentford in 2006 because they wouldn't invest in the team,

No, me neither.

You may be right but I think he would see this as a challenge(who wouldn't) and a step up for him being in the Championship.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015

Paul lambert would have. But we missed the chance. Watch Blackburn improve.

No, me neither.

You may be right but I think he would see this as a challenge(who wouldn't) and a step up for him being in the Championship.
    I think he would be the shortest interim Coach/Manager we've ever had or likely to and ignoring Keith Peacock's caretaker role that's going some to beat Les Read. I can just picture Mad Dog having a discussion with KM for reinforcements and getting the usual BS wrecking her office and exiting stage left without even a goodbye :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

No, me neither.

I think he would be the shortest interim Coach/Manager we've ever had or likely to and ignoring Keith Peacock's caretaker role that's going some to beat Les Read. I can just picture Mad Dog having a discussion with KM for reinforcements and getting the usual BS wrecking her office and exiting stage left without even a goodbye :wink:
    Okay fellas, I'll quit as beaten now!

I happen to think he is not a bad manager but am aware he has a lively streak in him.
  • I would love the Hassle if QPR don't take him.

I see he has managed in Belgium as well. Working with young players playing attacking football. Sounds a perfect fit,
  • Loads of managers would take the gig.

There are plenty of unemployed managers out there, desperate for work, for the buzz of coaching again. Then there are ambitious lower division managers who would see Charlton with its ground and facilities as a massive step up. Finally there will be assistants and coaches looking for a bigger job, a chance to make a name for themselves.

If we actually advertised the job of head coach, we'd get at least 20 genuine proper applicants

All correct except you'd get double that in genuine, proper applicants. Now, whether we want the likes of Davies, McKay, Holloway, Clark etc etc is another matter but it is absolute nonsense to say nobody would want the job.

I bet he bloody wouldn't have!! He's better than what we have to offer at present!
  • Talking of Paul Lambert.

Has Lambert or Lee Clark got the most depressing voice ?

Did you notice he is now wearing Contact Lenses instead of Glasses.

I guess he wanted to see the bigger picture.
  • Hasslebaink was quite enigmatic in his comments on the football show last night.
    I'm still hoping.
  • edited November 2015

Because he knows and understands his electronics business. He didn't make his millions through football. Would be interested to know if he is making anything at all through football.
  • TBH, i dont care who we have as manager, simply because as long as 2 Sheds is in charge of this club, then we are f****d . Gonna be the same sh*t served up every season,same crises,same winless runs,same rubbish football, same unknown shitty coaches who dont know their half way line from their diamond formation- maybe scraping thru relegation coz he put a bit of dosh in in February every year and then selling our best players at end of season. Who wants that ? i know i dont.
    I am almost resigned to the fact that we are likely to do a 'Portsmouth' whereby we slide and slide and slide until we hit the bottom and then , hopefully RD gets out of his experiment and we can start to build the club from the bottom again.
    I personally think it might be time to start lobbying our sponsors and start to show them the stats about how what they are getting now is not what they were sold (if we are averaging 12k, and at start of season it was 15k when i signed the contract then i wouldnt be happy if it was my business). Once RD/KM start losing sponsors due to supporter pressure then they will have to start listening to us.
    We all now clearly know what his weird experiment is - lets tell him that its not an experiment we want any more.
  • TBH, i dont care who we have as manager, simply because as long as 2 Sheds is in charge of this club, then we are f****d . Gonna be the same sh*t served up every season,same crises,same winless runs,same rubbish football, same unknown shitty coaches who dont know their half way line from their diamond formation- maybe scraping thru relegation coz he put a bit of dosh in in February every year and then selling our best players at end of season. Who wants that ? i know i dont.
    I am almost resigned to the fact that we are likely to do a 'Portsmouth' whereby we slide and slide and slide until we hit the bottom and then , hopefully RD gets out of his experiment and we can start to build the club from the bottom again.
    I personally think it might be time to start lobbying our sponsors and start to show them the stats about how what they are getting now is not what they were sold (if we are averaging 12k, and at start of season it was 15k when i signed the contract then i wouldnt be happy if it was my business). Once RD/KM start losing sponsors due to supporter pressure then they will have to start listening to us.
    We all now clearly know what his weird experiment is - lets tell him that its not an experiment we want any more.

Good call on disrupting the Sponsorship deals... Start affecting revenue wherever we can... Smoke this fucker out...