Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

This protesting and Roland out lark

Could somebody explain to me what happens if it's successful and Roland says 'OK, I'm off' ?

Comments

• It's a bit of a dumb question because unless someone has worked out a way to see the future, we have no idea. But, we can see what's going on right now, and it's a bleak picture.

It's also worth mentioning that not everybody is protesting to get RD out. Many just want to see changes regarding the way things are run.

I must have missed the bit where some protesters were chanting we want change not Roland out...
  • Could somebody explain to me what happens if it's successful and Roland says 'OK, I'm off' ?

You are suggesting that the protests are purely asking for Roland to leave.

They are not.

For many the ideal situation would be for Roland to realise his experiment isn't working and change his approach.

Some will say that that is not realistic but Roland out isn't the only option.

I totally agree. I want to see things work out for everyone - just needs a bit of humility here and there...
  • edited November 2015

It's a bit of a dumb question because unless someone has worked out a way to see the future, we have no idea. But, we can see what's going on right now, and it's a bleak picture.

It's also worth mentioning that not everybody is protesting to get RD out. Many just want to see changes regarding the way things are run.

I must have missed the bit where some protesters were chanting we want change not Roland out...
    Were all the protesters chanting RD out? Or just some?
  • Could somebody explain to me what happens if it's successful and Roland says 'OK, I'm off' ?

They are not.

For many the ideal situation would be for Roland to realise his experiment isn't working and change his approach.

But the chants of 'Get out of our club' sound otherwise
  • Another one comes in, possibly from the Far East or Africa, who then changes the colour of the kit, gets their wife to write a shitty song for the club, moves our club to a new but soulless ground, hires a series of foreign managers or changes the name of the club to Charlton Addicks, please delete as appropriate
  • sam3110 said:

Another one comes in, possibly from the Far East or Africa, who then changes the colour of the kit, gets their wife to write a shitty song for the club, moves our club to a new but soulless ground, hires a series of foreign managers or changes the name of the club to Charlton Addicks, please delete as appropriate

More likely that nobody comes in, the club folds and the Valley helps Osborne towards his 400,000 new homes target...
  • Sponsored links:

They are not.

Unless every person was singing this song then a song isn't the reflection of everyone, we all know that.

We all want change in some form, which is what protest is designed to try force. For some it's spend more money, for some it's just about coaches, for me personally I'd want RD out. Because I know there are many other people who would buy the club, we wouldn't just become unfunded and fall out of the FL.

Unless every person was singing this song then a song isn't the reflection of everyone, we all know that.
    Doesn't come across that way to me...those singing are expressing the viewpoint of the protest and those standing were supporting it...isn't that the way things work ?
  • edited November 2015
    I suspect the majority of people when things aren't going well, like when you are once again getting dicked at home like today, desperately want a change of direction AND ownership. I think when they calm down, most get scared of potential consequences if no one else comes along.

One thing is for sure though, we can't tell RD to F off. He has no intention of ever being here to tell it to.

Doesn't come across that way to me...those singing are expressing the viewpoint of the protest and those standing were supporting it...isn't that the way things work ?
    No, not at but you're being perverse for the sake of it.
  • Sponsored links:

We go into admin, take a 10 point deduction, go down (gonna happen anyway), and then we will suffer the same fate as Southampton, the nigels, Bournemouth, Leicester etc.............er..........hold on a minute !!!!!!
    A certain neighbour of ours isn't doing too badly either, though it chokes me to say it.
  • Think the point is Roland needs to sort out the direction of the club, I thought katrien was the just doing his work(which I defend her), but it's clear the problem is her. She out of her depth
  • sam3110 said:

Another one comes in, possibly from the Far East or Africa, who then changes the colour of the kit, gets their wife to write a shitty song for the club, moves our club to a new but soulless ground, hires a series of foreign managers or changes the name of the club to Charlton Addicks, please delete as appropriate

More likely that nobody comes in, the club folds and the Valley helps Osborne towards his 400,000 new homes target...
    How many English football clubs of Charlton's size have disappeared since WW2? How many league clubs of any size have disappeared? Shouldn't be complacent, but it's really not very likely, because liquidating the club would not generate a better return than selling it by some margin.
    It's the size bit that worries me. An ageing fan base with very little young blood coming through. In 5-10 years we could be the same size as Maidstone.
  • colin1961 said:

Could somebody explain to me what happens if it's successful and Roland says 'OK, I'm off' ?

We go into admin, take a 10 point deduction, go down (gonna happen anyway), and then we will suffer the same fate as Southampton, the nigels, Bournemouth, Leicester etc.............er..........hold on a minute !!!!!!
    A certain neighbour of ours isn't doing too badly either, though it chokes me to say it.
    Portsmouth , Wrexham,and others all throught the same where are they now
    Where have Wrexham ever been??
  • colin1961 said:

Simple we don't have a club because no one else out there who wants us .... These fans don't get it that RD was the only person who was prepared to put his money into the club the last time .... and hence the reason why these people still have somewhere to go on Saturday afternoon
    Northampton Town this week. Cobblers!
  • I don't buy the we should be grateful line. Surely Duchatelet owns the club until he manages to sell? He can't just leave it ownerless?